Ghosttown - Single Thread

groovyguy

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2015/two-exclusive-ghosttown-remixes-on-tidal/

Madonna has released two brand new Ghosttown remixes exclusively on Tidal. What makes these two new versions unique is that – for a change – they are not dance-oriented mixes with faster bpm (and slowed down vocals); instead, they are complete reworks of the original track in a mid-tempo beat and arrangements that somehow completely twist the album version feel.

The Tidal exclusive mixes are:

Ghosttown â€“ A Paul Andrews Reconstruction Mix 4:08Ghosttown â€“ RedTop’s If I Were A Carpenter Remix 5:49

Paul Andrews shared his thoughts and explained the process behind his own version of the song with a post on his website, PaulAndrews.org:

"I’m so honored and thankful that I was given the opportunity to do mix of this song. I think it’s one of Madonna’s best songs, falling in line with her other classics. And, as of this post, Madonna has made history on the Billboard charts with Ghosttown giving her the most Number 1s ever by an act on a singular chart.

I was approached to do a mix of Ghosttown because of my Living For Love mix. When discussing the idea for the mix, I explained that I heard the song in an orchestral setting. I was told to go with what I felt, be creative and to “do what you do.†That was all I needed to hear!

The lyric of Ghosttown created a story for me. In fact, the video that was made for the song was very close to what I had envisioned. I wanted the music to set the mood: two people in a dark place with destruction all around them, but they have each other. The verse would represent the reality of the situation and the chorus (a euphoric dance) would represent their view of the world through their love.

Madonna approved my mix. Being able to say that means so much to me. I know I took a chance by doing a non-dance version, but I believed that Madonna would appreciate my creativity.

It’s fitting that this entire experience follows the themes of Madonna’s new album: listen to your heart; be a rebel. #rebelheart

Thank you for listening!"

Posting a short instrumental teaser of his own version on his Facebook page, RedTopcommented:

Wonder what this will sound like with Madonna’s Ghosttown vocals on top?

http://www.manhattandigest.com/2015/05/19/producer-paul-andrews-officially-remixes-madonnas-ghosttown/

Producer Paul Andrews Officially Remixes Madonna’s “Ghosttownâ€

So its pretty safe to say for any talent working in the music industry that if you get the seal of approval from the one and only Madonna, then you are clearly doing something right.  This is the case for the amazingly talented producer and songwriter Paul Andrews, who has done an official mix of her song “Ghosttown†off her incredible new album “Rebel Heartâ€.

Paul is someone who I have profiled not once but twice in the past on Manhattan Digest.  One in my Get To Know series, and the other one was coincidentally about dropping a mixof Madonna’s song “Living for Loveâ€.  I say the word coincidence because that is exactly how this whole process was able to happen.  Apparently, Madonna’s team heard the remix to of “Living For Love†then he received a text from a mutual friend stating the following- “Silly question, but would you want to remix Madonna’s next single?â€

Immediately jumping at the idea (because who wouldn’t), Paul asked what she was looking for when it came to remixing “Ghosttownâ€.  It was simple- just be creative like he was with his other mixes.  Only having three days to finish the mix, he spent them feverishly getting it done and arranging all of it in his head throughout that period of time.  Once it was finished and submitted, he got word that Madonna herself has approved the mix and it would be an exclusive for the Jay-Z driven â€œTidal Music Streamingâ€.  Madonna (who just celebrated her 45th number one single on the Billboard charts), wanted to use it but not for a Dance EP as it wasn’t a dance mix.  Suffice to say, this is an amazing accomplishment for Paul in getting to work with one of the biggest legends in music there ever was, and hope that this can continue and so on and so forth.

To hear an exclusive preview of “Ghosttown†you can go to Paul’s direct site, however to hear it in its entirety download Tidal and experience the epic greatness that is this track.

Posted Image

http://www.idolator.com/7594570/paul-andrews-madonna-ghosstown-lush-ballad-remix-listen?utm_source=share-tw&utm_medium=button

Paul Andrews Turns Madonna’s “Ghosstown†Into A Lush Ballad: Listen

Another day, another killer Madonna remix! The legendary diva’s current single, â€œGhosttown,†has been shown a lot of love by different producers — and the latest to tackle her songPosted Image is Paul Andrews.

Andrews, who previously remixed â€œLiving For Love,â€transforms “Ghosttown†into a lush ballad. His version places Madonna’s emotive vocals in the forefront, which is backed by delicate piano notes and orchestral production.

Read what Paul Andrews had to say about working on the remix (it is actually released as a TIDAL exclusive):

The lyric of “Ghosttown†created a story for me. In fact, the video that was made for the song was very close to what I had envisioned. I wanted the music to set the mood: two people in a dark place with destruction all around them, but they have each other. The verse would represent the realityPosted Image of the situation and the chorus (a euphoric dance) would represent their view of the world because of their love.

Madonna approved my mix. Being able to say that means so much to me. I know I took a chance by doing a non-dance version, but I believed that Madonna would appreciate my creativity.
It’s fitting that this entire experience follows the themes of Madonna’s new album:  listen to your heart; be a rebel. #rebelheart

Take a listen to Andrews’ “Ghosttown†remix below, and let us know what you think in the comments!