Ghosttown - Single Thread

groovyguy

Fnac and amazon FR are still rumored to be digipak or cardsleeve. We'll see on monday...

Are we sure Amazon France is going to? Nothing about the item page said it, and I think the other day it showed the proper artwork and said maxi single.I ordered the FNAC one anyways in case it was an exclusive but it was 4 times the shipping price than the item.

oh i just saw it, they chopped off part of the logo

Let's face it, that is some shitty-ass photoshop work no matter how you slice it. All around. That "cover" is a MESS. And what's really killing me is I totally dig that pic of Madonna on it's own. How could they have messed this up? HOW? Well, look at it, that's how.

There's no excuse for this campaign's single covers. Okay the money ain't in the music, the industry's hurting, ppl steal music nowadays, blah, blah, blah. It would've cost no more money to pick a beautiful pic of M and choose a file code (ie, SAVE IT). lol especially when you're talking about one of the most photographed women in the world. This era alone has given us so many wonderful pics! They're just trolling us, has to be. There's no other explanation for this offensive drivel, I'm sorry, not even laziness lol. They spent more time screwing up that cover than just using the pic by itself.

I actually prefer the Living For Love single cover, What does that tell you? I'm seriously giving thought to just taking the album cover again and, idk, using a blue hue this time for Ghosttown LOL

You guys really think the song can magically become succesful without promotion and without a release  :seeno:

agreed.

I see the rest of this era take the route of American Life or MDNA/Hard Candy.  Mostly due to some odd Madonna backlash in the general society (not our fandom).  The tour will be fine and I'm sure will set records.  But its a shame, because the music to come from this era is really spectacular.  I adore Madonna and always will.  She shouldn't apologize for being who she is or what she believes in.  I will say that the times she is more political or public with her causes that take focus away from the music... those are the times people tune out more.  Confessions immediately following American Life which we all know was political Madonna on steroids, Confessions from a promo aspect was all about the music, the fun, the good vibe energy and a very very successful era from start to finish.  I don't have an answer for this, because I don't think Madonna will stop being herself or believing what she believes in.  Its just an observation.

The thing is that... it's been promoted in both Europe and the US. It has already a video and the physical single comes out tomorrow... Now, it's a complete different story if the general public don't give a shit about it  :broken:

Unfortunately I think it's the last one 

Still, I don't think the promotion was correct for the single, she sang the song in february in europe, then twice in US, the video came weeks after that and the phisical single weeks after that. It's all just way too separate for the people to actually connect to a song  that wasn't properly released. 

Ghosttown should have been the lead single.

But I think this is the problem of late.  Hard Candy, MDNA Rebel Heart.... Single choices.  Albeit, 4 Minutes later grew on me a lot and in hind sight was an amazing first single but She's Not Me, Beat Goes On and DWRY should have been singles.  MDNA-Falling Free, Some Girls, Love Spent should have been singles.  

For Rebel Heart, I am confused why Rebel Heart title track is not slated to be released at all.  Inside Out is brilliant, Illuminati, Iconic, Hold Tight... (there are so many for RH) that should be released.  there's plenty of time too.  Release a new song every 45 days, ok maybe not a video because Madonna is busy with tour rehearsals but commissioning remixes and single artwork is basic.

Really surprised that Living For Love only made it to #108.....if that couldn't even chart then nothing's gonna.

At least she'll always have the Billboard Dance Singles chart to rule.

But ghosttown is a better song than LFL and has a better video too.

I hope she gets another #1 BB dance single, I think if she gets another number one on that chart she will be the only act to have the most nuber ones on any Billboard chart ever!

Guest madonner

The release date in FNAC.com was set for today. And today in the morning there appeared the message "Stock épuisé" - Stock sold out

LOL

But ghosttown is a better song than LFL and has a better video too.I hope she gets another #1 BB dance single, I think if she gets another number one on that chart she will be the only act to have the most nuber ones on any Billboard chart ever!

😠Living For Love is one of the best on the album. It's such a fun song I really can't believe that the gp slept on this one.