QUESTION(S) : Erotica video

deathproof

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

MTV US only played the video 3 times during late night rotation, then banned it.

But what about other countries? Was it banned in the UK too? Canada? France? Australia?

Not banned in Spain,  Italy, France and UK and Australia... They showed full nudity and minor editing removing fellatio and S&M scenes - 

So i just did something I never thought of doing before and watched side by side the Youtube video vs the uncensored one.

What they edited out is mostly Madonna's tits and pussy. Every time she shows her tits is cut. And there's lots of times. From the BB beach moment, bed with the lesbians and the androgynous guy, the fetish dungeon, in the pool with Rosellini and then Naomi, and the Vanilla Ice moment.

Apart from that the only other thing they removed is a flash with some of the club guys butt and kissing in between that looks like replaced by different footage to create continuity after cutting several tits moments.

But yeah the censorship comes to nipples, as ridiculous as it is.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

So i just did something I never thought of doing before and watched side by side the Youtube video vs the uncensored one.

What they edited out is mostly Madonna's tits and pussy. Every time she shows her tits is cut. And there's lots of times. From the BB beach moment, bed with the lesbians and the androgynous guy, the fetish dungeon, in the pool with Rosellini and then Naomi, and the Vanilla Ice moment.

Apart from that the only other thing they removed is a flash with some of the club guys butt and kissing in between that looks like replaced by different footage to create continuity after cutting several tits moments.

But yeah the censorship comes to nipples, as ridiculous as it is.

Good job minus [minus due to no taking screen grabs!] :smokey:  :)

They wouldn't leave footage of her down below but strategically camera angles shadow her nipples ...

Possibly there's edited videos missing 10secs due to censorship too on YT ...

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Good job minus [minus due to no taking screen grabs!] :smokey:  :)

They wouldn't leave footage of her down below but strategically camera angles shadow her nipples ...

Possibly there's edited videos missing 10secs due to censorship too on YT ...

I considered doing the screen grabs, but it's literal just flashes here and there. The video follows basically the same structure than the book, so whenever you see M ' boobs & fanny that's the same.

The video matches everything from each other but when the censor shows topless Madonna the other shows some transiction or similar footage without the tits.

22 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I considered doing the screen grabs, but it's literal just flashes here and there. The video follows basically the same structure than the book, so whenever you see M ' boobs & fanny that's the same.

The video matches everything from each other but when the censor shows topless Madonna the other shows some transiction or similar footage without the tits.

these real gets deep huh? But we can all agree EROTICA era is LIFE!

14 hours ago, deathproof said:

So the video was never banned inEurope? And the one they aired was the uncensored version? 

Spain was under a fascist regime until 1975, once Franco died there was little censorship, something similar in Italy. And France always had a really open approach to nudity in arts, movies,..

I think there's some confusion about the "edited" and "X-rated" version.

The "edited" version was not "edited" because the x-rated was too much for MTV or other video channels.  It is the main version.

The X-rated version was supposed to be a video single to that was scheduled for Holiday season of 1992 once Erotica took off and became a huge hit.  I remember this well, because, I had it on pre-order at my local record store which had it on order through their distributor.  I also remember being upset when they told me that the product was cancelled.

Unfortunately, the triple threat Erotica, Sex, and Body of Evidence didnt give her the results she was expecting so they canceled the X-rated version video single from coming out.