Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

11 minutes ago, MPowered said:

If they do indeed give us a three track Burning Up single, then I hope they add the alt. album version, so we can finally cross that off the vinyl only list.

After the terrible release of Borderline I doubt they will. And I’m afraid the tracks are gonna be horribly remastered like Gambler rendering them useless

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

If they do indeed give us a three track Burning Up single, then I hope they add the alt. album version, so we can finally cross that off the vinyl only list.

They won’t (I’d love to be wrong).

im guessing it will be:

1) Album Version

2) Remix Edit

3) 12” Version

if they don’t do the album version:

Physical Attraction (Edit)

10 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

They won’t (I’d love to be wrong).

im guessing it will be:

1) Album Version

2) Remix Edit

3) 12” Version

if they don’t do the album version:

Physical Attraction (Edit)

They gave us both Fever edits, so nothing is impossible. They do surprise us sometimes. I still think that the Borderline single was a faulty upload. They recently changed all the titles and the whole thing was not really announced anywhere. They might fix that one at some point.

22 hours ago, tscott said:

I highly doubt it will be 4 tracks.  And I'm betting PA will not be on this release.  My guess it will include 2 to 3 tracks with being:

Album Version

12 Inch version

And possibly Alternate Album version

11 hours ago, MPowered said:

Why exactly shouldn’t it be on this release? They are clearly going by US singles and Burning Up / Physical Attraction was a double A side just like Bad Girl / Fever was.

Bad Girl and Fever were actual official singles.  PA wasn't.  I understand it was a double A-Side, but I believe with the song already available on various compiliations, they are going to stick to just BU.  I'll be surprised if this is a 4 track release.  I'm betting it will only be three versions of BU, possibly the Alt version.  To me, it's not a fuck up if they don't include PA.  Digital singles aren't always indicative to what was physically released.  The point of this release is to shine light on her 2nd single release which hits it's 40th Anniversary.  We can sit here and argue til the cows come home why PA should be included and while I don't think there is any wrong reasoning for it; I just don't believe they are going to release PA with this digital release. I think it's going to go down similar to the Borderline digital release and the HD video for Burning up will follow.

31 minutes ago, tscott said:

Bad Girl and Fever were actual official singles.  PA wasn't.  I understand it was a double A-Side, but I believe with the song already available on various compiliations, they are going to stick to just BU.  I'll be surprised if this is a 4 track release.  I'm betting it will only be three versions of BU, possibly the Alt version.  To me, it's not a fuck up if they don't include PA.  Digital singles aren't always indicative to what was physically released.  The point of this release is to shine light on her 2nd single release which hits it's 40th Anniversary.  We can sit here and argue til the cows come home why PA should be included and while I don't think there is any wrong reasoning for it; I just don't believe they are going to release PA with this digital release. I think it's going to go down similar to the Borderline digital release and the HD video for Burning up will follow.

PA was an official single in the US. Burning Up and Physical Attraction were released as a dual single like Angel/Into the Groove. In most other territories Burning Up was released individually and Physical Attraction waa not given a separate single release (hence the two different versions of the cover).

3 minutes ago, MPowered said:

PA was an official single in the US. Burning Up and Physical Attraction were released as a dual single like Angel/Into the Groove. In most other territories Burning Up was released individually and Physical Attraction waa not given a separate single release (hence the two different versions of the cover).

Well, we will see in the next day or so when the track listing is revealed.  It doesn't matter to me either way, but being it's $2.99, I'm betting it will only be a 2 or 3 track release.  I have a feeling it's going to only feature the Burning Up single/mixes.  :)

39 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Wasn’t Physical Attraction actually released to the clubs before Burning Up?

Yes, a promotional single was released for the dance clubs in 1983, hence how it went to #3 on club charts alongside being on the B-side of Burning Up.  Other than that, it really didn't get a commercial single release of its own.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Still... more exposure for Miss Physical Attraction! :party:

We need the alternate album version of "Burning Up", never available on CD. And the digital version of the 7'' is only available on the japanese cd-singles. :sad:

You can find "Physical Attraction" (Album Version) and (7'' Version) on "Madonna", "You Can Dance", "Finally Enough Love" and "You Can Dance (Single Edits)" (on CD and Streaming). "Physical Attraction" have had enough exposure.

:drama:

19 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

We need the alternate album version of "Burning Up", never available on CD. And the digital version of the 7'' is only available on the japanese cd-singles. :sad:

You can find "Physical Attraction" (Album Version) and (7'' Version) on "Madonna", "You Can Dance", "Finally Enough Love" and "You Can Dance (Single Edits)" (on CD and Streaming). "Physical Attraction" have had enough exposure.

:drama:

I do definitely agree that the original alternate mix of Burning Up must appear in digital for the first time. We got the Edit Two of Fever for the first time in digital for Rain EP. :D

HOWEVER, I believe that PA deserves better so if ever it does appear on the Burning Up EP, I will be celebrating. :laughing::ahh:

For real... they must maximize the EP for all Burning Up tracks.

Speaking of disappointment:

I just listened to the Borderline single again, hoping they would have fixed it by now (they have removed the version tags on Spotify 💀). 

Still…nothing! Is there a way we can contact or notify her team of this fuckup? I remember people being successful with something like this when they pointed out the faulty edits on Celebration.

Does someone have an idea? I’m frustrated. 

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Speaking of disappointment:

I just listened to the Borderline single again, hoping they would have fixed it by now (they have removed the version tags on Spotify 💀). 

Still…nothing! Is there a way we can contact or notify her team of this fuckup? I remember people being successful with something like this when they pointed out the faulty edits on Celebration.

Does someone have an idea? I’m frustrated. 

You can contact Rhino here:

https://rhinostoresupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

But it's a 1984 digital single, don't know if they will do much/care about it. "Celebration" was different, "Erotica" and "Cherish" were too wrong to not caring xd And they never fixed "Music", anyway.

8 hours ago, Roy said:

I do definitely agree that the original alternate mix of Burning Up must appear in digital for the first time. We got the Edit Two of Fever for the first time in digital for Rain EP. :D

HOWEVER, I believe that PA deserves better so if ever it does appear on the Burning Up EP, I will be celebrating. :laughing::ahh:

For real... they must maximize the EP for all Burning Up tracks.

You are speaking my mind physical attraction is very underrated 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW