Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 8/31/2023 at 2:23 PM, Erotico said:

Holiday - September 7, 1983* (but really unless they release a "special ep" there's nothing to release out of the album version )
True Blue - September 17, 1986* (but they already released all mixes on TB 35 digital)
The Power of Goodbye - September 22, 1998

The official 7" Edit of Holiday is not on streaming.

The album edit of True Blue is not on streaming yet either.

We need to stop believing that they won’t release certain singles because they are "pointless". It’s rather obvious at this point that they are releasing everything. Even if that single only has one exclusive version on it.

That said, the 35th Anniversary of True Blue and 30th Anniversary of Like a Prayer are likely to disappear at one point or another.

4 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I prefer a physical reissue

No offense but I prefer they spend their money on a good reissue on a full album instead of madonna which has almost all on streaming.

Reissue on digital is very useless for me

Who said that we are not getting both? I suggest getting Deezer and then downloading Deemix or DeezLoader. That will allow you to download everything from streaming in lossless quality or buy the release from QOBUZ.

Digital releases are awesome. Buying a CD and then ripping that is very tedious. Of course, artwork and design is great but sadly her artwork has been shit for quite a while now.

17 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It’s rather obvious at this point that they are releasing everything.

Really?   This must be why we have:

Burning up (the original, better, mix)

Ain't No Big Deal

Actual single mix of Borderline

Actual single mix of Crazy for You

Angel dance mix

Dress You Up 12" and 7" remixes

Live to Tell single mix

Who's that Girl remixes

Causing a Commotion mixes

All the live sets (or even a selection of) pre- Reinvention

Re-mastered (never mind "deluxe" or "boxed set" versions of) Like a Prayer album- it's 35 years old!!!!!!!!! (nearly) 

And, of course, the list goes on.....

There was a day where I would have given my arm for any ONE of the above.  Now, I could hardly care less but, like Madam Butterfly, I have waited for so very long, that it is part of my daily routine to eagerly gaze into that sea of "Madonna Infinity" in dutiful anticipation. It's pitiful that I cannot OWN or even STREAM the version of "Burning Up" that I prefer or "Ain't no Big Deal" or enjoy a re-mastered "Oh Father" after all these decades.....

No, it is not clear that they are releasing everything.  Or, at least, by the time they get around to it, some crazed Communist leader may well have carried out the threat of pressing that red button and we therefore may not even be here to enjoy.

Sad, really.

Right, I'm off to listen to a  re-mix of a re-mix of a re-mix of "sorry" featuring God knows who (and snippets of AI Drag Madonna) and marvelling at how she is soooo goddam RELEVANT still. 

Then, I'll listen to Something to Remember, watch The Girlie Show and marvel at the multi-faceted art of a true artist and visionary.

#justiceformadonnafans

2 hours ago, beastwivvin said:

Really?   This must be why we have:

Burning up (the original, better, mix)

Ain't No Big Deal

Actual single mix of Borderline

Actual single mix of Crazy for You

Angel dance mix

Dress You Up 12" and 7" remixes

Live to Tell single mix

Who's that Girl remixes

Causing a Commotion mixes

All the live sets (or even a selection of) pre- Reinvention

Re-mastered (never mind "deluxe" or "boxed set" versions of) Like a Prayer album- it's 35 years old!!!!!!!!! (nearly) 

And, of course, the list goes on.....

There was a day where I would have given my arm for any ONE of the above.  Now, I could hardly care less but, like Madam Butterfly, I have waited for so very long, that it is part of my daily routine to eagerly gaze into that sea of "Madonna Infinity" in dutiful anticipation. It's pitiful that I cannot OWN or even STREAM the version of "Burning Up" that I prefer or "Ain't no Big Deal" or enjoy a re-mastered "Oh Father" after all these decades.....

No, it is not clear that they are releasing everything.  Or, at least, by the time they get around to it, some crazed Communist leader may well have carried out the threat of pressing that red button and we therefore may not even be here to enjoy.

Sad, really.

Right, I'm off to listen to a  re-mix of a re-mix of a re-mix of "sorry" featuring God knows who (and snippets of AI Drag Madonna) and marvelling at how she is soooo goddam RELEVANT still. 

Then, I'll listen to Something to Remember, watch The Girlie Show and marvel at the multi-faceted art of a true artist and visionary.

#justiceformadonnafans

I was talking about all the singles not all the versions.

16 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Boxset with exclusive vinyl copy's, photoshoots,sleeves,tour performances restored in 4K,and more

Yeah definitely the first album doesn't need digital reissue

Physicals is where the money is, but a digital reissue is needed too. They updated it to the 2001 remasters (not great) when the "Borderline" digital single was released, but they left the edit of "Holiday" cause it's at 94M streams on Spotify and added to a lot of playlists.

A properly remastered edition with all the correct album versions, the edits (including the "Holiday" 94M one), maybe some demos, "Ain't No Big Deal", etc. would be great.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Physicals is where the money is, but a digital reissue is needed too. They updated it to the 2001 remasters (not great) when the "Borderline" digital single was released, but they left the edit of "Holiday" cause it's at 94M streams on Spotify and added to a lot of playlists.

A properly remastered edition with all the correct album versions, the edits (including the "Holiday" 94M one), maybe some demos, "Ain't No Big Deal", etc. would be great.

Sorry if it sounds rude but they need to keep their treble remasters out if streaming

6 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Sorry if it sounds rude but they need to keep their treble remasters out if streaming

Depends on how they do them. "Everybody" was bad but "Lucky Star", the latest one from the debut was good, right?

And again, the 2001 remaster is not good either. In that case bring the originals then.

46 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Depends on how they do them. "Everybody" was bad but "Lucky Star", the latest one from the debut was good, right?

And again, the 2001 remaster is not good either. In that case bring the originals then.

Gambler and Lucky Star were really good as far as I'm concerned.

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

No, "Gambler" was "Everybody" type of "too much" mastering, and the speed was different from the original (!).

But the speed of the Maxi-Single is more close to the streaming file than the original track. Maybe this is a case where the 7'' Version is just a speeded up version. I have many 7’’ with album versions but the speed is really faster than the original album track.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But the speed of the Maxi-Single is more close to the streaming file than the original track. Maybe this is a case where the 7'' Version is just a speeded up version. I have many 7’’ with album versions but the speed is really faster than the original album track.

Thank you, I had no idea of that and was comparing with the "Vision Quest" soundtrack album version and the Japanese 1996 Box Set (which is the album version too, but remastered, boosted, whatever they did in that box set).

True, 7'' and basically single mixes later were usually sped up for radio and to make them more punchy, I guess.

2 hours ago, Material Girl said:

I Think that's why HOLIDAY had a 3:50 lenghth on its original 7"

No. The Holiday from FEL has a longer ending. They didn’t use the correct edit point for the fade out.

They probably did that on purpose though to keep something on the Holiday single somewhat exclusive.

16 hours ago, Material Girl said:

That's not I am talking :Madonna009:

Oh I know what you mean now…well the secret to that is essentially that analog track lengths are not accurate a lot of times. The length of the edit from vinyl source isn’t much different from the CD sourced one.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW