MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, RyanUK said:

It sounds as though you already know exactly what is going to be included in these reissues, would you care to share? 

I just don't have those expectations that some have... where they are thinking all these rare demos and remixes are going to pop up on these re-issues.  If that happens, then I'll be quite welcoming of it. 

I do think the True Blue 35th digital release may be a blue print to expect.  Possibly, more official mixes.  I'm not expecting any demos that haven't already surfaced from that era. 

You asked "what's the point" in releasing something that doesn't have such rarities? You forget not only the hard core fans who have everything already, are the target audience. It's not just about some will buy anything as well. That's greatly embellished.  But I do think many like to buy nostalgic anniversary sets when made available. Surely, something different will be added to it than the original release.  I'm just not going to set myself up to think we're going to get all these demos or unreleased material that some are dying to get. :)

14 hours ago, scallywally said:

I asked someone on twitter on the inside with his family and they were working on Diamonds and Pearls at the time (Its out now) then Parade. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Watch out itll end up being Batman. 

I’m very happy if it’s parade - love that album way more than D&P which I didn’t buy in the end - parade will hopefully include the full concert we only have in VHS quality plus those wonderful mixes of mountains and another lover hole yo head finally in digital 🥰

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m very happy if it’s parade - love that album way more than D&P which I didn’t buy in the end - parade will hopefully include the full concert we only have in VHS quality plus those wonderful mixes of mountains and another lover hole yo head finally in digital 🥰

Yes yes and yes! (I didnt buy D&P either oops were #FlopFans) :lord:

32 minutes ago, TOpher said:

Anyone else see the post on some record page the M’s RSD this year is coloured You’ll See vinyl? I’ve been trying to find it again but I don’t remember what page it was on.

Never thought that song was very good compared to Take A Cow or the many soundtrack ballads that she did. It’s actually probably my least favorite ballad of hers. I hope it’s not the RSD release.

44 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Never thought that song was very good compared to Take A Cow or the many soundtrack ballads that she did. It’s actually probably my least favorite ballad of hers. I hope it’s not the RSD release.

I love the song but it would be such an odd choice to release for RSD. 

Outside of the original studio albums what the hell would the first two albums contain? There’s really nothing. 

MADONNA

Ain’t No Big Deal

The Reggie versions. 

Everybody Rusty Mixes.

(I’d love the pre Madonna stuff but I’d prefer a separate release) 

LIKE A VIRGIN

Urm…

Angel 12” mix

Dress You Up 12” mix

Dress You Up 7” mix

(Which will undoubtedly be on the digital single releases)

urm…

Assuming they treat it as an era and include the soundtrack songs

Into The Groove

Crazy For You

Gambler

Desperately Seeking Susan

Warning Signs 

If there’s nothing in the vaults I think they may well be the two most disappointing releases as every other album has way more vault stuff that had been reported on at least. Demos of songs we have would be kinda boring unless they’re wildly different. 

Thinking about this a little more I’m sorta convinced the deluxe editions will mostly be twinned with video content. She’s a visual artist so I think it’s more likely to be a disc with rare PA’s or TV Show appearances. The Tube, Keith Harrings Birthday Party, Live Aid, Angel, Borderline & Burning Up live from The Virgin Tour. Japanese TV appearances, MTV award performance. 
This feels more likely to me. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Thinking about this a little more I’m sorta convinced the deluxe editions will mostly be twinned with video content. She’s a visual artist so I think it’s more likely to be a disc with rare PA’s or TV Show appearances. The Tube, Keith Harrings Birthday Party, Live Aid, Angel, Borderline & Burning Up live from The Virgin Tour. Japanese TV appearances, MTV award performance. 
This feels more likely to me. 

The full Virgin Tour in HD alone would be the release of the decade.

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Outside of the original studio albums what the hell would the first two albums contain? There’s really nothing. 

MADONNA

Ain’t No Big Deal

The Reggie versions. 

Everybody Rusty Mixes.

(I’d love the pre Madonna stuff but I’d prefer a separate release) 

LIKE A VIRGIN

Urm…

Angel 12” mix

Dress You Up 12” mix

Dress You Up 7” mix

(Which will undoubtedly be on the digital single releases)

urm…

Assuming they treat it as an era and include the soundtrack songs

Into The Groove

Crazy For You

Gambler

Desperately Seeking Susan

Warning Signs 

If there’s nothing in the vaults I think they may well be the two most disappointing releases as every other album has way more vault stuff that had been reported on at least. Demos of songs we have would be kinda boring unless they’re wildly different. 

There is stuff in the vault. We know for example that there are demos of LAV songs produced by Bray before Rogers took over. And that's just what we know of.

58 minutes ago, Erotico said:

for example....

...and you'd be happy with this? It's hardly MJ"s original version of PYT with different arrangements and vocals. You can miss me on this it's boring. It's a single listen on Spotify once and done. I don't see the point unless it brings new or wildly different takes or arrangements to the table. It's dull and hardly celebratory of a 40 yr land mark album. 

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

...and you'd be happy with this? It's hardly MJ"s original version of PYT with different arrangements and vocals. You can miss me on this it's boring. It's a single listen on Spotify once and done. I don't see the point unless it brings new or wildly different takes or arrangements to the table. It's dull and hardly celebratory of a 40 yr land mark album. 

Yeah but we didnt know of it's existence till it leaked. There's so many other things hidden from the public that we dont know about, that would be worthy inclusions on a release like this...

Yes I agree the first two are the most interesting in terms of us not knowing much about what's in the vaults re unreleased songs...but I fear the truth us there really isn't much. Seven of the seventeen songs on the first two albums were buy ins. Covers or writes from other people

1. Holiday
  2. Borderline
  3. Physical Attraction
  4. Like A Virgin
  5. Material Girl
  6. Love Don't Live Here Anymore
  7. Dress You Up

By this point Stay was three years old and pulled to gather from two old 1981 demos. That's how desperate they were for material. I don't think Madonna was very prolific at this time at all. Madonnas only solo writes were Shoo-Be-Doo (stinker)

The only song she had co-written that was single worthy by album two was Angel and the record company didn't have much faith on it alone. No video and backed with Into The Groove as an incentive to buy. I really cannot see Warner spending a fortune on superfluous Nile Rogers productions to pick and choose from. Madonna and Nile would have listened to demos pitched to them and decided which ones they were gonna produce. We know this with the songs Like A Virgin. Keep it tight and quick turnaround. No one thought she'd really last. 

Into The Groove was really pivotal for Madonna. It really was a smasher that proved she had the writing chops to deliver a bonafide world conquering hit. She wasn't purely a buy in type of girl and her first self written single to actually be a genuine hit and not a bubbling under dance chart creeper.

I'd love to think there was more. Truth it if Warning Signs and Desperately Susan were actually any good they'd have been used. 

Id personally kill for the Was Not Was track Shake Your Head to crop up officially on the Debut re-release as its actually genius. 

Looking at the PreMadonna page on Wiki about Bray:

They worked on a number of songs, with production provided by Bray: "Ain't No Big Deal", "Laugh to Keep from Crying", "Crimes of Passion", "Don't You Know", and "Stay", along with some songs that Madonna had previously written and recorded, including "Everybody" and "Burning Up". The latter two songs were accepted for Madonna's self-titled debut album in reworked versions produced by Reggie Lucas.

I wonder if the other songs were pitched for the Debut too? Bray did Say Crimes Of Passion was unsalvageable music wise so the stuff on the Pre-Madonna CD is a 1997 recreation of those sounds. To me Crimes Of Passion sounds like something that could have been on the WTG soundtrack. It has a Can't Stop feel to it. Very Poppy. 

My Dream for the debut re-release is one disc of the cream of the various pre Debut tracks to show her journey up until that point.

1. I Want You ( Take Me) (Gotham Sound Studios Demo)
  2. Get Up (Gotham Sound Studios Demo)
  3. Love On The Run (Gotham Sound Studios Demo)
  4. High Society (Gotham Sound Studios Demo)
  5. Are You Ready For It (Gotham Sound Studios Demo)
  6. Remembering Your Touch (Gotham Sound Studios Demo)
  7. Laugh To Keep From Crying (Steve Bray Demos)
  8. Don't You Know (Steve Bray Demos)
  9. Crimes Of Passion (Steve Bray Demos)
  10. Ain't No Big Deal (81)(Steve Bray Demos)
  11. Shine A Light
  12. Love Express
  13. Safe Neighbourhood (On The Ground) 
  14. Little Boy Lost
  15. Tell The Truth (Breakfast Club)
  16. Bells Ringing (Emmy)
  17. Drowning (Emmy)
  18. Love For Tender (Emmy)
  19. No Time For Love (Emmy)

Disc 2 (all stuff either pro recorded for first album or early demos of them plus other songs she did around this time)

1. Ain't No Big Deal (81)
  2. Burning Up (81)
  3. Everybody (81)
  4. Shake Your Head (Was Not Was)
  5. Sidewalk Talk (Jellybean demo)
  6. We Live In a House (82) (Spinal root Gang Demo)

I can't remember the name of the song we got a snippet of when she was listening to her old demos on her insta stories.Also would be cool to hear songs like

1. Afltergo
  2. Rock Your Body
  3. Girl With The Stars In Her Eyes
  4. Swing With Me
  5. Cherish

if they ever made it to recoding stage.

Like A Virgin deluxe would feel more correct containing songs that were actually used on the album. 

1. Don't You Know (81)
  2. Stay (81)
  3. Born To Be a Dancer ( early version of Over & Over)