MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

19 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yes, but I don't think that necessarily guaranteed her a free ride to success after that.  Of course we agree, LiveNation or Interscope really didn't help highlight her artistic efforts with her last three albums.  At the same time, it left Madonna and her management responsible for all the promotion.  MDNA had the Superbowl, but that unfortunately was short lived.  But I do think it still served a purpose in boosting a positive public perception of her.  They obviously knew that attention could help sell concert tickets. We must admit, that's where everyone is making the most money from an artist, including the artist.  As for REBEL HEART, there seemed to be a hell of a lot of promotion behind it, but it just really didn't seem to make an impact.  At the end of the day, it's risky to leave the promotional efforts up to the artist and the management of a huge artist like Madonna.  In most cases, a record label (beyond being just a distributor) would be far more beneficial because they are going to be far more involved in trying to sell an album.  But we can't forget that those three interscope albums came at a time the music industry was in turmoil.  Touring ended up being the best way to go for Madonna because that is where she was going to make her money. 

Yeah, but I was not only referring to promotion, with Warner we would have got a different kind of albums, more commercially appealing albums or definitely more commercial singles. Not saying MDNA or Rebel Heart was not trying to be that... But the direction was simply off and MDNA was too late to the EDM party (with GMAYL being a horrible choice of the first single) and Rebel Heart ended up being a mess (even if there is a fantastic album buried somewhere there). 

But it is all about what could have been done, we cannot change that now, from my point of view it is just wasted potential of one of the biggest popstar in history in the last 10 of years, that's all. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Yeah, but I was not only referring to promotion, with Warner we would have got a different kind of albums, more commercially appealing albums or definitely more commercial singles. Not saying MDNA or Rebel Heart was not trying to be that... But the direction was simply off and MDNA was too late to the EDM party (with GMAYL being a horrible choice of the first single) and Rebel Heart ended up being a mess (even if there is a fantastic album buried somewhere there). 

But it is all about what could have been done, we cannot change that now, from my point of view it is just wasted potential of one of the biggest popstar in history in the last 10 of years, that's all. 

Yeah, I'm just looking at the bigger picture.  We can't be sure that the direction she went would have changed much under Warner.  After all, Warner didn't stop her from doing American Life, which is quite the polarizing album among fans.  Yet it's always interesting to think "what if".   It's also interesting how we all have different opinions about would made things better.  It just proves that we all are wanting the best for her and from her. At the end of the day, I'm still quite satisfied with her output, even her last three albums.  I never had an issue with GMAYL.  I also thought Rebel Heart was a really super album even though it was a mixed bag of songs.  I still loved it.  As for MX, she took a chance by doing something a bit more outside the box and I don't think it has to always be about making albums appealing or commercial especially when we're discussing a very polarizing artist like Madonna.  No matter what she does, there will always be an opposition.  But what I do know she is still the biggest pop star in the world.  She's had far more successful records than any other female pop star to date.  It is what it is!  Like you said, we can't change it, and I don't think Warner would have made things that much different. 

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

havent we gone a bit off topic here ?? supposed to be about the amazing expanded releases we are getting - oh wait sorry we arent getting anything except vinyl re-issues and hologram covers for them :angry:

We had such cultivated discussion here the last couple of days, I literally couldn't wait until someone feels an urge to be a grumpy dad again in this thread :Madonna006:

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Rhino is releasing Dolby Atmos Blu-ray audio albums lately. Would be cool if they include Madonna with the reissues 

Ooo nice! What they could do is w/TIC is have the album on one disc in dolby atmos and have another disc w/all the original videos upscaled (plus Justify, and maybe Virgin & Express VMAs). Obviously that’s foolishly wishful thinking but it would be cool!

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Rhino is releasing Dolby Atmos Blu-ray audio albums lately. Would be cool if they include Madonna with the reissues 

That's a good point, I've recently got Pet Shop Boys - Nonetheless on Bluray and it sounds amazing. For some reason, I haven't even think of Madonna doing the same, lol. But it makes a perfect sense! Let's imagine The Immaculate Collection on Dolby Atmos Bluray... Allowing myself to dream wet, with included music videos in HD. Or even Blind Ambition Tour included. Possibilities are literally endless with capacity of that disc. Oooh... But I calm myself down asap since it is never going to happen with her current team. And if so, only in year 2067 when Earth is ruined, everyone will be living in another galaxy connected constantly to virtual world. Only then, they gonna come with a super idea to release... Wait for it... A Blu-ray disc! 

2 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

It was a great idea! Wish they kept the original mixes intact though.

Yeah, I don't even really care about the Dolby Atmoss technology.  Most people don't have the right sound systems to hear that technology properly anyway.  But yes, I wish the original mixes from the original release were available on digital/streaming platforms.  Just another reason I'm glad to own my physical copies of the album. :luv:

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

Yeah, I don't even really care about the Dolby Atmoss technology.  Most people don't have the right sound systems to hear that technology properly anyway.  But yes, I wish the original mixes from the original release were available on digital/streaming platforms.  Just another reason I'm glad to own my physical copies of the album. :luv:

Me too. The way I'd love to be part of the reissue projects to make sure there's attention to detail.

The reissues of Cher can be an indicator of Madonna... some bonus tracks that were already released, some kind of remastering (this album didn't need it tbh) and changing the order of the tracks. Nothing more, nothing less. And vinyl and some toys and cups. 

Tbh, I prefer Finally Enough Love, and the American Life Mixshow one... 

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

The reissues of Cher can be an indicator of Madonna... some bonus tracks that were already released, some kind of remastering (this album didn't need it tbh) and changing the order of the tracks. Nothing more, nothing less. And vinyl and some toys and cups. 

Tbh, I prefer Finally Enough Love, and the American Life Mixshow one... 

Can you imagine a total depression of some fans if Madonna would release something like this? 

There are fans here awaiting reissues with obscure demos, unreleased tracks, new remixes, bonus songs, and with 2160p HD music videos and remastered tour within a single reissue! (+ at least 30 variants of coloured vinyl and the limited edition with Madonna FunkoPop included) 

5 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Can you imagine a total depression of some fans if Madonna would release something like this? 

There are fans here awaiting reissues with obscure demos, unreleased tracks, new remixes, bonus songs, and with 2160p HD music videos and remastered tour within a single reissue! (+ at least 30 variants of coloured vinyl and the limited edition with Madonna FunkoPop included) 

A Madonna FunkoPop would be nice though, probably she will release one in 2043, when it's not a popular thing anymore... 

I really think she'll follow the Taylor route and use a new demo or old album track as a single (possibly one she always wanted but never released) with a video or feature or reimagining. I dont think shed do the whole album reimagined but some stuff like the Hung Up, Material Girl and Frozen stuff. 

If what we've been told is true that she's spending the next five years on legacy stuff and not new work I think this is what we an expect.

This would really fuck up my chronological playlists eras wise tho but I'd be here for it rather than nothing. 

8 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I really think she'll follow the Taylor route and use a new demo or old album track as a single (possibly one she always wanted but never released) with a video or feature or reimagining. I dont think shed do the whole album reimagined but some stuff like the Hung Up, Material Girl and Frozen stuff. 

If what we've been told is true that she's spending the next five years on legacy stuff and not new work I think this is what we an expect.

This would really fuck up my chronological playlists eras wise tho but I'd be here for it rather than nothing. 

Who said she was working on legacy stuff the next 5 years ? The same person who says 3 expanded releases are ready or the one who says she’s recording with pat Leonard ? 🙄😩😂😜

18 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

lol like even Madonna knows what's she is spending the next 5 years on. The fan fiction needs its own thread. Reality says be very sceptical with low low low expectations. They could spend 2 years and still shelve it all again

So true. It's definitely fan fiction based on the fact that the original press statement stated that it was a multi year deal and that Warner would start having the rights to her Interscope albums by 2025.  And my guess, it won't be all three at the same time. There probably is a deal where the albums will be housed under Warners separately based on their original release dates.

At the same time, she can do both. And I suspect for the rest of her career, Warner, she and her team will concentrate on her back catalog, but it won't mean there won't be new releases.

I predict that the next NEW album release is gonna be huge, simply based on the fact that it has already been 5 years since her last new studio release.  My bet; she will record something by the end of this year and in 2025, there is going to be a huge campaign on her 40 years in the business again, being 1985 was the year she became a world-wide success.  They are going to probably piggy back off the Celebration Tour film release as well.  I'll be curious how they will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of LAV as well this fall.  It's the "calm before the storm", I believe. :Madonna014: