MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Celebration said:

"Can't you see I'm waiting for you
Don't break my heart..."

Why is everyone waiting for any announcement today though?! Where is that coming from? 

It doesn't make any sense to announce anything on July 25th, 2 days before the 40th anniversary, instead of July 27th. That would be just totally random, confusing and even dumb, lol. 

10 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Why is everyone waiting for any announcement today though?! Where is that coming from? 

It doesn't make any sense to announce anything on July 25th, 2 days before the 40th anniversary, instead of July 27th. That would be just totally random, confusing and even dumb, lol. 

It's coming from nowhere xd I thought "Finally Enough Love" announcement was on a Tuesday, but I just checked and it was on a Wednesday, May 4 last year.

Of course, if they're announcing something, Thursday July 27th would be the date, the actual anniversary.

Anyway, let's prepare ourselves for the worst: a pillow and that's it.

19 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's coming from nowhere xd I thought "Finally Enough Love" announcement was on a Tuesday, but I just checked and it was on a Wednesday, May 4 last year.

Of course, if they're announcing something, Thursday July 27th would be the date, the actual anniversary.

I am here for my 40th anniversary special slipmat! Preorder on July 27th, get it for Christmas! 

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Yeah, while that window of optimism is growing more narrower, I still have some hope by Thursday, something will be announced regarding the 40th Anniversary of the debut album.  I'm hoping it will be something more than a new playlist on Spotify and/or another Holograph or slipmat.  If something bigger is planned like a special deluxe version of the debut album, I'm sure that will be announced soon for pre-orders. 

i'm expecting nothing this week other than a message from M thanking fans for her support during her illness - ive given up on getting any unreleased demos etc - this campaign is for the vinyl lovers and no-one else...

get well soon M - love ya lots and thanks for the amazing gift of your art over the last 40 years :) xx

It's going to be a Twitter tweet with a comp video linking the album, YT videos and the store where you can get a 40 candle birthday topper of the first album. :drama:Jk. I hope there's something in the pipeline for this week or soon. 40 years deserves to be celebrated!

6 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

i'm expecting nothing this week other than a message from M thanking fans for her support during her illness - ive given up on getting any unreleased demos etc - this campaign is for the vinyl lovers and no-one else...

get well soon M - love ya lots and thanks for the amazing gift of your art over the last 40 years :) xx

FEL and MXTour wasn't just Vinyls.  Both included digital/streaming release and FEL got many physical formats.  And keep in mind, the deal did not promise Demos. 

Honestly, I'll be surprise if Madonna says anything.  If anything, I believe things will just happen.  We'll see added streaming or digital options and possibly a pre-order for something physical.  There most likely will be a general mention of her debut album turning 40 on social platforms if not at her official website. 

2 hours ago, HC Charge said:

We’ve been waiting 2 years. I don’t care what day it is. 

53 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Maybe they’re being quiet at this point for the blast of info we’re about to receive :Madonna018:

By the blast of info, you mean :

- 40th anniversary Spotify Playlist on July 27th

- 1st album holographic sleeve (vinyl not included) pre-order

- Special rainbow slipmat available now

- Burning Up HD remaster youtube video  :Madonna006:

4 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

By the blast of info, you mean :

- 40th anniversary Spotify Playlist on July 27th

- 1st album holographic sleeve (vinyl not included) pre-order

- Special rainbow slipmat available now

- Burning Up HD remaster youtube video  :Madonna006:

I'm having faith you'll be pleasantly surprised that it will be something more than this. :) But I do understand your skepticism.  At the same time, if any album anniversary deserves a big deal, it would be her debut album, being the whole Warner deal has come about to celebrate her 40 years in the business.

1 hour ago, dylanlioncourt said:

I hope there's something in the pipeline for this week or soon. 40 years deserves to be celebrated!

Not only does it deserve to be celebrated, but they literally signed a multimillion dollar deal that they publicized to all hell in order TO celebrate it at the highest level. So if they don't revv up whatever engines they activated by signing that contract two years ago, then idk what upside-down dimension her team is living in.

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'm having faith you'll be pleasantly surprised that it will be something more than this. :) But I do understand your skepticism.  At the same time, if any album anniversary deserves a big deal, it would be her debut album, being the whole Warner deal has come about to celebrate her 40 years in the business.

Don't take it any seriously. I was just simply making fun of this situation :)

I still hope we all will be pleasantly surprised in 2 days and will forget about the 2-years waiting and just will be properly celebrating our queen's anniversary with bunch of new stuff. 

7 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Don't take it any seriously. I was just simply making fun of this situation :)

I still hope we all will be pleasantly surprised in 2 days and will forget about the 2-years waiting and just will be properly celebrating our queen's anniversary with bunch of new stuff. 

Oh I am not.  I also know some are genuinely frustrated because several key albums anniversaries have come and gone... Erotica and Ray of Light, with very little celebration or fanfare. 

I guess for me, I always expected if anything, the first of the expanded re-issues would be for the debut album, since the Warner deal is wrapped around the whole 40th Anniversary.   That's why we got FEL which is very much part of the deal under the special curated releases and it is very celebratory of her 40 years.  It was a pretty significant release that was released on all formats and an additional colored Vinyl release.  :)