MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, RyanUK said:

I would actually prefer them to not follow an anniversary date. I too think they are coming. And I’m sure they will be worth the wait when they do come. Meanwhile it’s nice to have the singles issued to streaming services 😀

Hear Hear.

They will release the reissues when they're ready, not when fans demand them for certain dates.

I follow www.superdeluxeedition.com alot, and they often mention that this and that reissue took years to finish.  It's the same thing with Madonna. If we want something worth our money, we have to be patient.

It's been close to three years since the announcement, so I'm sure they're in the final stages of releasing the first reissue.

I also thing they're working on several reissues at the same time. :)

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Hear Hear.

They will release the reissues when they're ready, not when fans demand them for certain dates.

I follow www.superdeluxeedition.com alot, and they often mention that this and that reissue took years to finish.  It's the same thing with Madonna. If we want something worth our money, we have to be patient.

It's been close to three years since the announcement, so I'm sure they're in the final stages of releasing the first reissue.

Absolutely. These things take time to make. It can take months to source the material, then have it remastered, complete the linar notes, approve artwork. I think a lot of us have thought that the reissues would come with the anniversary dates, which is clearly not the route they are taking. I prefer it this way. I would rather it be a celebration of the album instead of it being a “40th anniversary edition”. Plus with anniversary editions, you find the fan base then expect a new release for the next anniversary date. Like @Celebrationmentioned, it has been three years since the press release. They have probably been working on multiple releases in this time. This is a good sign that they are not rushing them. They are taking the time to do it properly. I agree the waiting is agonising at this point, but I think they will be worth the wait. 

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Hear Hear.

ain't that guy from superdeluxeed the one who trashed Finally50 cause he wanted the edits and not the remixes? :Madonna051:

6 hours ago, RyanUK said:

Well going by that logic, I would assume we won’t be getting anything in the way of reissues full stop then. If they aren’t going to celebrate her 40th anniversary with anything special apart from the tour, they aren’t going to start now. 

My guess, is what fans consider important landmarks in her career, aren't considered the same outlined in this whole deal with Warner.  I think the re-issues are still planned but were just one of MANY things within this deal which some fans only latched onto. Hence, the assumption the Warner deal is no longer active. Like said before, I doubt LAV 40 will go by with nothing, but it may not be what many of us hoped, especially regarding the "re-issues".  Like you said, those take time and I'll keep repeating the actual official statement where they said this was a MULTI-YEAR deal.  No specific time was outlined for the re-issues and the only specific time that was actually outlined was that by 2025 Warner would start representing the Interscope albums. 

A few possibilities is that LAV 40 (if a deluxe re-issue is planned) is that we will soon hear about pre-orders or they may not start until around November on the actual anniversary of the release.  And it's not too far fetched that they may not start it until the new year as we've seen other artists have re-issues be offered for a specific anniversary months after. 

4 minutes ago, Adonna said:

A few possibilities is that LAV 40 (if a deluxe re-issue is planned) is that we will soon hear about pre-orders or they may not start until around November on the actual anniversary of the release.

I believe they won't miss on winter holiday sale.

6 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

I believe they won't miss on winter holiday sale.

You would think, but I don't know anymore.  Also, I do believe the the Celebration Tour Concert Film will be coming this fall first.  But I also can see how they could also use that as a launching pad to do something for LAV40.

36 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

But we got edits of remixes. What does he wants? A GHV2 clone?

Why don't you read the review? He does have a few good points. And I agree on a few. 
The remixes from the Interscope years are, with a few exceptions, not that good.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/reviews/madonnas-finally-enough-love-50-number-ones-reviewed/

So I know that this guy is like a red flag to some of you, but this is too exciting to not share:

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360

And I bet the preorders will be made available on her birthday. :)

(But Who's That Girl for her own movie? No. Live To Tell is a much better title)

25 minutes ago, Andreo said:

When ROL is surprisingly the First reissue and Revenge gets released as a promo single on her birthday along the preorders of the super Deluxe box containing photo book, Deluxe album, unreleased album, DWT and the live album 

Emily after finding out that if she releases all the singles this year she gets paid vacations next year!