Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

On 12/15/2023 at 12:57 AM, McDonna said:

I'm curious to know why though?  What has sparked interest in the song?

Probably some tween dancing like a twat to it and hoping to get lots of likes and attention from strangers they will never meet - I mean is there seriously a tiktok chart now ? So sad what the charts are now … what’s next a Taylor swift top 40 chart 🙄

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Probably some tween dancing like a twat to it and hoping to get lots of likes and attention from strangers they will never meet - I mean is there seriously a tiktok chart now ? So sad what the charts are now … what’s next a Taylor swift top 40 chart 🙄

Someone sounds bitter!  Like it or not, TikTok is a popular social platform these days. This is how people are getting a lot of their info (heaven help us) as well as being introduce to a lot of current and past pop culture. I rather some "tween" dancing to it, getting a lot of attention for it, because that means more people will be introduce to more music from Madonna. 

By the way, society has been charting how entertainment (among other things in society) for decades and decades. TikTok is one of the most popular social platforms today just like how MTV came along back in the day and introduced and re-introduced countless musicians and entertainers.  Before that Television!  Before that Radio, and the list goes on.

4 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@McDonna back before radio, people used to go to opera houses. That's how divas from the XIX century such as La Argentinita got their stanbases.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Argentinita

Yes, there's always been some popular open format for how entertainment/music has been introduced to people.  And with each new invention, previous generations are always criticizing the latest way of how people consume entertainment. Before TV, Vaudville was popular and even then people found vulgarity or ridiculousness in that as well. 

I'm not really big on TikTok, but I can appreciate any platform that introduces people to entertainers or things in life they may not have been exposed to before.  If Madonna can get a bit attention on the latest social platforms, I say "great". 

21 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yes, there's always been some popular open format for how entertainment/music has been introduced to people.  And with each new invention, previous generations are always criticizing the latest way of how people consume entertainment. Before TV, Vaudville was popular and even then people found vulgarity or ridiculousness in that as well. 

I'm not really big on TikTok, but I can appreciate any platform that introduces people to entertainers or things in life they may not have been exposed to before.  If Madonna can get a bit attention on the latest social platforms, I say "great". 

I still watch Kwai videos which use Frozen Sickick Remix or Back That Up to the Beat.

That's how songs like Bloody Mary or Cruel Summer got their flowers years after their release. Even Dreams by Fleetwood Mac which is a more than 40 yo song.

28 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I still watch Kwai videos which use Frozen Sickick Remix or Back That Up to the Beat.

That's how songs like Bloody Mary or Cruel Summer got their flowers years after their release. Even Dreams by Fleetwood Mac which is a more than 40 yo song.

Yes, wherever these revivals get their legs, I'm all for it.  One can call people on TikTok "twats", but it's no different than those criticizing earlier generations in how they consumed music from new formats/platforms that came to popularity over the decades. :) I remember how MTV was heavily criticized by older generations when it was the latest way to consume music and artists.

On 12/15/2023 at 2:01 PM, Bjonkers said:

One of her messiest releases on Spotify as far as all the multiple versions go. If this goes viral, my OCD will go through the roof.

The full length album version (5:37) is the most streamed version with 29.6 million streams.

Then there is the Celebration version (3:38) which is at 10.2 million streams.

Then there is the Immaculate version (7:15) which incorrectly has the US ReMix version of the song at 5.7 million.

Then there was the 2023 digital single EP which has 3 versions, none of which are linked to their counterparts on other releases.

Album version (5:36) - 116,822

7" edit - (3:52) - 255,660

US Remix (7:15) - 45,133

Being a casual Madonna fan online must be frustrating.

I think that the one that is having exposure is the 7"edit from the single 

"Santa Baby" reached +16M yesterday.

Let me update her all time Top 50 while we're at it.

- All Time Top 50 updated (Official, not merged):

01. Popular (The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna): 418M

02. Material Girl ("Celebration" Version): 397M

02. Hung Up: 377M

04. La Isla Bonita: 335M

05. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 308M

06. 4 Minutes ("Celebration" Version): 276M

07. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 256M

08. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 210M

09. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 154M

10. Papa Don't Preach: 119M

11. Crazy For You: 119M