Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

01 (=): Popular (From The Idol OST) - 381,790,541 (+1,500,106) -6.31% {+11.23%} 
02 (+2): Santa Baby - 13,398,249 (+346,658) +26.79% {+102.89%}
03 (-1): Hung Up² - 398,892,095 (+340,281) +1.01% {+24.67%} 
04 (-1): Material Girl³ - 450,654,210 (+303,952) +2.89% {-4.04%} 
05 (+2): Like a Prayer³ - 409,004,967 (+250,116) +3.56% {+18.55%}

4 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

01 (=): Popular (From The Idol OST) - 381,790,541 (+1,500,106) -6.31% {+11.23%} 
02 (+2): Santa Baby - 13,398,249 (+346,658) +26.79% {+102.89%}
03 (-1): Hung Up² - 398,892,095 (+340,281) +1.01% {+24.67%} 
04 (-1): Material Girl³ - 450,654,210 (+303,952) +2.89% {-4.04%} 
05 (+2): Like a Prayer³ - 409,004,967 (+250,116) +3.56% {+18.55%}

She'll be horrified, but I'm delighted her version of Santa Baby is finally getting its oats. Coming to topple The Weeknd by the looks of things as well. Does anyone know if proceeds from A Very Special Christmas still go to AIDS charities?

7 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

She'll be horrified, but I'm delighted her version of Santa Baby is finally getting its oats. Coming to topple The Weeknd by the looks of things as well. Does anyone know if proceeds from A Very Special Christmas still go to AIDS charities?

A Very Special Christmas is a benefit album for the Special Olympics. The proceeds still go to that organization.

https://www.averyspecialchristmas.org/about?locale=en

While I'm obviously happy for her about it, there's something I don't get about all the new recent "Santa Baby" success wave.

It's been included on the biggest Spotify Christmas playlist. That's not a coincidence or just casual, something has happened behind the scenes for that to happen. Someone/some part has asked (even payed) Spotify for it.

Did Warner make the move? It's not even their song and it would only help her profile (maybe that's why they've done it?). But for some reason I can't see Warner pitching a song it's not even theirs?

Did Universal (the owner of that compilation) make the move? That would make more sense but only IF the royalties are not going to that cause now... but to them. Why would they push a song that is not even making money for them?

I just don't know! There is so much confusion... :Madonna009:

But great that it's happening of course. Wonder what she'll think about it (probably not much since she's basically ignored half of her biggest Spotify hits within the new tour xd).

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

While I'm obviously happy for her about it, there's something I don't get about all the new recent "Santa Baby" success wave.

It's been included on the biggest Spotify Christmas playlist. That's not a coincidence or just casual, something has happened behind the scenes for that to happen. Someone/some part has asked (even payed) Spotify for it.

Did Warner make the move? It's not even their song and it would only help her profile (maybe that's why they've done it?). But for some reason I can't see Warner pitching a song it's not even theirs?

Did Universal (the owner of that compilation) make the move? That would make more sense but only IF the royalties are not going to that cause now... but to them. Why would they push a song that is not even making money for them?

I just don't know! There is so much confusion... :Madonna009:

But great that it's happening of course. Wonder what she'll think about it (probably not much since she's basically ignored half of her biggest Spotify hits within the new tour xd).

I suspect (if there is a push) it is more to do with the tour. The tour is in the news, and being it's billed on her past hits and look back at her career, there may be interest in pushing something during the Holiday season people are inclined to listen to.  I personally think with all the covers of that song, Madonna comes very close to the original, but definitely with a 80's Madonna twist to it. It's a fun bop for the season. While I am not listening to my local station other than going to and from work, I have heard the song several times already.  There could be a collective push from all with her music coming.  I've also seen the commercial for Marshalls on TV many times that features 4 Minutes.  I think 2024/25 will probably bring a bigger surge of interest in her music. We are about to enter 40 years of Madonna becoming a global phenomenon, and while I originally championed and thought it would begin with the first album, but now I'm beginning to think it makes sense for 2024 to be a key time to start pushing Madonna's back catalog back on to the public. 

Let's face it; I don't necessarily believe Mariah's Christmas song just coincidentally started to hit as well. She spend several years prior, re-releasing and re-recording new versions of that song before it really started to take off.  Not saying, the same is happening with Santa Baby, but I suspect it may be more to do with the interest and effect of the tour. 

38 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It got 346.525 streams, almost the same as yesterday.

The song is already at 13M, with all these weeks ahead it should easily pass 20-25M... if it stays on the big Xmas playlist, of course.

What would be the reason for a removal from the "big Xmas playlist"?

7 hours ago, McDonna said:

What would be the reason for a removal from the "big Xmas playlist"?

That Warner or whoever has pitched the song only did it for the first pre Christmas weeks to get a little traction. If it was a paid playlist I guess the next three weeks would be the more expensive ones.

All this is pure especulation by the way. We have no idea!