Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

1 hour ago, Pootz333 said:

Yes that's my point. If we are getting "new live vocals" like RIT "Vogue" then I'm not so concerned. If it's all live...*blesses self and genuflects*

I hope Madonna lip-syncs rather than giving us really bad vocal performances. I mean, she doesn't have a good technique anymore and I think her vocal chords are damaged too. Sometimes she can't even stay on beat or hit the right notes. I'm thinking about her performance with Maluma, and that disastrous show in Harlem in 2021 where she sounded awful... And during the Madame X tour, she used autotune on almost every song (even on some parts of 'Frozen').

I hope she either gets herself together and practices with a voice teacher, or she makes smart use of playback, maybe with some pre-recorded parts (but not the studio version), like she did during 'Celebration' on the MDNA Tour. Or she could just lip-sync the whole song like she did with 'Vogue' at the Reinvention Tour or the MDNA Tour.

12 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I hope Madonna lip-syncs rather than giving us really bad vocal performances. I mean, she doesn't have a good technique anymore and I think her vocal chords are damaged too. Sometimes she can't even stay on beat or hit the right notes. I'm thinking about her performance with Maluma, and that disastrous show in Harlem in 2021 where she sounded awful... And during the Madame X tour, she used autotune on almost every song (even on some parts of 'Frozen').

I hope she either gets herself together and practices with a voice teacher, or she makes smart use of playback, maybe with some pre-recorded parts (but not the studio version), like she did during 'Celebration' on the MDNA Tour. Or she could just lip-sync the whole song like she did with 'Vogue' at the Reinvention Tour or the MDNA Tour.

6 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

No lipsynch, I want real live :)

I guess Drowned weren't just flattering to M with their P.S. to tea spilled on FB... (Hope I'm full right!!!!)

EDIT: THAT show in Harlem was awful by every measure, not just by her vocals. If I were a gospel choir singer attending that, my only thank to M would be her nailing the BLM issues (well, at that opportunity).*

*I sincerely thank you all if you don't really take my words as a question for beginning some exhaustive debate, shall we stay OT?

9 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Nothing worse than vocals on BAT

14 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer and am not trying to beat her up here. My only thing is a lot of these songs are not that easy to sing live (even back then!). All of our voices change as we get older. It is what it is. I'm just wondering if fans are taking all of this into account when they request these songs she did only one time thirty years ago. Either way this is the most excited I've been about an M tour since Confessions and can't wait to sew what she chose and how they present it.

3 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer and am not trying to beat her up here. My only thing is a lot of these songs are not that easy to sing live (even back then!). All of our voices change as we get older. It is what it is. I'm just wondering if fans are taking all of this into account when they request these songs she did onclw time thirty years ago. Either way this is the most excited I've been about an M tour since Confessions and can't wait to sew what she chose and how they present it.

Oh for sure nobody will claim about proeminent backing tracks here and there, we just want to see M sounding natural even at her age and not trying to channel some cartoon icon's voice such as Minnie Mouse's.

Just now, Angelo said:

I strongly disagree. In S&S Tour, despite her voice was still young, she experienced one of the lowest points in her singing career. Her worst tour, vocally.
On BAT she lacked solid technique, but her musical ear and vocal instinct made her more precise in her notes.

As a singer and vocal student, I've come to recognize her recurring technical issues, such as breath control, note approach from a low perspective (which makes her flat), and support problems. Consequently, when she performs nowadays, I expect to see where she'll go wrong and how she'll go wrong. And I'm almost always right

However, if she's diligently worked with a vocal coach, there's still potential for her to shine. Her voice hasn't deteriorated beyond redemption; it simply requires thorough preparation to deliver a decent performance. So, I hope the folks at DrownedMadonna are right... otherwise, I hope she uses some playback to avoid the kind of awkward vocal moments we've witnessed in recent years.

Just now, Anapausis said:

Oh for sure nobody will claim about proeminent backing tracks here and there, we just want to see M sounding natural even at her age and not trying to channel some cartoon icon such as Minnie Mouse.

Agreed. I'd be here for her doing a Minnie Mouse look though. A nice change of pace from Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Won't have any. Spotlight's lyrics are, besides universal and atemporal, much very necessary in this suffocating state of things we're living in.

Agree 💯🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷😎😎😎😎😎😎🧉🧉🧉🧉🧉🧉🧉👏👏👏👏👏👏😁😁😁😁😁🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

1 minute ago, Lorx said:

I strongly disagree. In S&S Tour, despite her voice was still young, she experienced one of the lowest points in her singing career. Her worst tour, vocally.
On BAT she lacked solid technique, but her musical ear and vocal instinct made her more precise in her notes.

As a singer and vocal student, I've come to recognize her recurring technical issues, such as breath control, note approach from a low perspective (which makes her flat), and support problems. Consequently, when she performs nowadays, I expect to see where she'll go wrong and how she'll go wrong. And I'm almost always right

However, if she's diligently worked with a vocal coach, there's still potential for her to shine. Her voice hasn't deteriorated beyond redemption; it simply requires thorough preparation to deliver a decent performance. So, I hope the folks at DrownedMadonna are right... otherwise, I hope she uses some playback to avoid the kind of awkward vocal moments we've witnessed in recent years.

Beat goes on and Vogue live from S&S (not the DVD but real live) sounds 1000 times better than any songs from the BAT :lol:

I think there's a reason why she used autotune extensively throughout the MX Tour, from start to finish. If all goes well, we might get a vocal preparation similar to what we saw during the Rebel Heart Tour, where she was in better shape than in the two previous tours.

5 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Beat goes on and Vogue live from S&S (not the DVD but real live) sounds 1000 times better than any songs from the BAT :lol:

"In 'Beat Goes On,' she consistently made mistakes in nearly the same spots: 'time/mind/far.' During the 'Blonde Ambition Tour,' she sang with more constriction, but her pitch was generally better

4 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Read my edit, PLEASE.

@Pootz333, refresh the page if u can't, PLEASE (sorry for touching this issue once more, just because to edit this post I quote now's not any effective)

Btw, tis a very good advice to all Infiniters: REFRESH THE PAGE YOU ARE READING EVERY NOW AND THEN! You'd be surprised, and not only to my posts.

Just now, Lorx said:

Watching somebody lip synch an entire show is a complete waste of money. She should up her game vocally... she was decent on the Rebel Heart Tour, her best since Confessions.

Just now, Sheridan1980 said:

No lipsynch, I want real live :)

+1

Just now, Angelo said:

Oh I don't know. I think MDNA was worse when she was actually singing by God she was awful on that tour vocally, but didn't sound too bad on the Olympia. Late 2008 shows were diabolical also. 2009 she sounded pretty awesome.

Just now, Sheridan1980 said:

This is indeed the tour where she has the worst voice, but as soon as we dare to say it frankly to the fans, it's a disaster :lol:

I prefer her voice 1,000 times over at the Girlie Show. 

Give me BAT Yokohama vocals over Girlie Show any day... but WTG and DWT are the peak for me. RIT she was strong but flat as hell in Lisbon. 

I'd wager the show opens with Vogue just because it's massive and it's almost like a prologue before the narrative of her career starts.

Bob is here somewhere probably as the ballroom host ( Pray Tell) character from Pose vibes, introducing himself as the narrator. 

Categories are "Corporate butch queen  realness, Cowgirl couture, Memoirs of a Geisha, touched for the very first time up in drags and 20th century foxy lady etc etc etc..and now our show begins.)

Video opening of Nothing Really Matters but I can only see the Intro being part of the opening section tbh.

I can see the her pulling up in a cab to Times Square in the 70's on stage to Deeper & Deeper and her discovering New York nightlife then straightit's 70's vibe and wise words from Mom and Pop will hail her arrival to NYC. 

I Love New York / Burning Up / GMAYL Medley straight into .

Bitch Im Madonna letting everyone know she's arrived with a real Warhol PopArt theme.  loads of musical nods to other songs of her upbeat energy songs thrown in. (Dress You Up / Lucky Star / Give It To Me / Causing A Commotion / Where's The Party) A proper Glitchy mash up of loads of those early songs that gets the crowd into a frenzy. A Stuart masterpiece. I can see this being a transitional song where the story goes from New York street urchin to about to breakthrough as a star

Material Girl  - All the big boys want her. The record deal. Shopping herself around to get signed the best record deal with Freddy DeMan as her manager hence

Like A Virgin / Billie Jean

Express Yourself  Tribute to the 80's Wannabes a bit like She's Not Me with loads of her dancers wearing different costumes 

Physical Attraction - I think she might use this about her relationship with the press / media / MTV actually.  or could possibly be some kind of tribute to the loves of her life life Basqiaut / Sean / Tony / Warren  etc or maybe even all of the men or women in her life that she valued. Could be quite confessional actually. 

That feels like a great opening section to me.

etc etc etc 

Keep It Together is gonna be about her kids this time. 

The show is about her career right and not her life so I don't think we'll get her early years dressed. Maybe in a flash back moment of Live To Tell when she's thinking about her life after the divorce.