P!nk supports Madonna over 'misogyny' claim

Starchild

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I get what you are saying and I’m sure Pink has nothing but respect for Madonna. But she is solely there to promote her latest album/tour etc. Also the radio show is there to promote their show. It’s no accident they ask these sorts of questions and this happens to be the part from the interview they highlight on YouTube. The title alone is click bait. Pinks and Howards teams know what they are doing so I wouldn’t say it’s all innocent. It has also happened with comments about Christina. I have not seen any snippets of Pink discussing the album itself because that would not get many clicks. As someone said when she defended Madonna it was crickets.

Which tells you this isn't really the artist trying to make waves, but her possibly her team or the media.  I'm sure Pink knows like Madonna what will get people talking.  We all know that people love to use Madonna to score attention.  They are taking a page from Madonna's book.  Unfortunately, now it's just an attempt to piss on Madonna because she's an older artist.

I stand by my opinion that I don't believe for a second that Pink was trying make Madonna look bad.  If anything, she's looking for validation.  Pink has been quite positive with this new era, so I don't believe she's trying to trash Madonna.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donna

I don't get how some keep gaslighting this idea that Madonna is playing a victim.  She isn't!  She will never!  She is only speaking up for herself and women.  She's leading by example and refusing to back down.  The audacity that someone would say that she should expect such criticisms because she says and does controversial things or if she changes her look or have face surgery.  That's just enabling and giving people a license to bully, intimidate and insult others.  I applaud P!nk for h

dankpepe

I agree with this. Madonna has done appearances at award shows where she looked normal but a little older such as at the Billboard Women In Music 2016 Awards. No articles cited her looking old or odd. I think even if Madonna showed up at the 2023 Grammys looking younger with amazing plastic surgery, the overall press would be praising her for looking so good at her age and turning back the hands of time. We just expect with all of the money Madonna has that she'd get good work and it shocks

Starchild

Pink thinks Madonna was right to complain about "ageism and misogyny". The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations. The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashin

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, tscott said:

Which tells you this isn't really the artist trying to make waves, but her possibly her team or the media.  We all know that people love to use Madonna to score attention.  They are taking a page from Madonna's book.  Unfortunately, now it's just an attempt to piss on Madonna because she's an older artist.

I stand by my opinion that I don't believe for a second that Pink was trying make Madonna look bad.  If anything, she's looking for validation.  Pink has been quite positive with this new era, so I don't believe she's trying to trash Madonna.

My impression of Pink is she doesn’t spend her time calculating things, she just says and does whatever she thinks/feels without thinking. It has happened before when she posted pics of her son naked and then complained about the reaction and called everyone else sickos. It made her seem a bit naive. It also happened when she came to Australia and tried to boycott sheep shearing. The media ripped her apart and she ended up backtracking and apologizing for spreading misinformation.

I think if she wanted to support Madonna she should have bypassed this story. But I doubt she gave it that much thought. But of course they would turn it around and make Madonna seem like an evil witch.

41 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

My impression of Pink is she doesn’t spend her time calculating things, she just says and does whatever she thinks/feels without thinking. It has happened before when she posted pics of her son naked and then complained about the reaction and called everyone else sickos. It made her seem a bit naive. It also happened when she came to Australia and tried to boycott sheep shearing. The media ripped her apart and she ended up backtracking and apologizing for spreading misinformation.

I think if she wanted to support Madonna she should have bypassed this story. But I doubt she gave it that much thought. But of course they would turn it around and make Madonna seem like an evil witch.

I guess her son back then was a small child or a baby or either he was in underwear because who in their right mind would publish a picture of their son like that online

52 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree that she didn't give it much thought regarding Madonna.  Pink is her own person and like Madonna, she says and does what she likes.  The picture (of her son) was highly overblown.  It's weird how many parents in the past have photographed their children in the nude without much criticism, but she posts an image where her 2 YEAR OLD is diaper-less  as if it's something dirty. I agree with her.  People are so uptight about nudity they want to make that image "dirty" when it was completely innocent.  Maybe she should have known better to share an image, but like other comments and images, I'm sure she didn't think some would make an issue of her two year old son. 

17 hours ago, heartcore said:

Pink's whole thing for this album's promo has been about attacking and trashing other women. She's trashing Madonna now, and she trashed Christina Aguilera earlier. I guess when the music isn't good, you have to rely on other means of promoting.

She was asked why Lady Marmalade was her least fun video to make during a ranking game, and she said why.

She was asked about M's Grammy backlash and showed complete respect and maturity towards M in her response.

She was asked if she knows M personally, and she answered honestly, all the while proclaiming her undying love for M.

What part of this do you not understand?

15 hours ago, Ian said:

when she somewhat "defended" Madonna over the Grammys face hoopla, she didn't get many likes nor media articles, now that she's gone the other way, she's getting a lot more traffic and free promo for her album (that btw, sounds like Pink-re-using-the-same-sounds-part-2543 ) while the Karen moms /Madonna haters are backing her up

I saw that she brought M up like what 3 times recently? first on the Grammys thing, then on the 2003 Kiss that didn't happen with her, and now this "Madonna doesn't like me" crap, why is she baiting so much

it's sad that she's had to resort to this and be this low, trying to change discourse and shading other women, only to promote her album... when Madonna has said only good things about Pink

so yeah, this treacherous opportunistic bland-music maker bitch can go f* herself :Madonna008:  ,  there! :cute:

She was asked why Lady Marmalade was her least fun video to make during a ranking game, and she said why.

She was asked about M's Grammy backlash and showed complete respect and maturity towards M in her response.

She was asked if she knows M personally, and she answered honestly, all the while proclaiming her undying love for M.

What part of this do you not understand?

3 hours ago, Miki said:

Maybe she just is in a vulnerable state and said things she shouldn’t. I don’t like it. But Madonna is a big girl and unfortunately is used to being perceived as not being nice. 

'Shouldn't'? According to who? There is no issue here. She's allowed to share her truth when asked a question.

45 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I already said it but her comments about the sexism and ageism were so so wrong, even though I love that she defended Madonna on the other hand. But well, she has to be in the news.

I agree with you that it's not exactly a matter of sexism and ageism, but this is not P!nk trying to be in the news.

Did you read the article? She was focusing on the fact that M deserves respect for all she's accomplished, above her looks.

1 hour ago, Vas said:

'Shouldn't'? According to who? There is no issue here. She's allowed to share her truth when asked a question.

Why say it in public? Why leave the impression that M isn’t nice to the listening public? If she loves M , then why not resolve her issues with her privately. We wouldn’t have known there was an issue to begin with. I personally thought it was a cute moment, when they met. You can’t have it both ways. Pink made a mistake and said things she shouldn’t or Pink  wanted us to know that M isn’t so nice. 

1 hour ago, Miki said:

Why say it in public? Why leave the impression that M isn’t nice to the listening public? If she loves M , then why not resolve her issues with her privately. We wouldn’t have known there was an issue to begin with. I personally thought it was a cute moment, when they met. You can’t have it both ways. Pink made a mistake and said things she shouldn’t or Pink  wanted us to know that M isn’t so nice. 

P!nk is not out to bring M down.

She was explaining why she feels M doesn't like her, after being asked about it by Howard.

She's just very real and transparent, almost to a fault.

Well, on second thought and controlling my emotions, I do not want to minimize Pink's support for Madonna and I thank her because, whether this support is sincere or not, it will help the public see how other artists support Madonna and make them see that it is wrong to make fun of others using the anonymity of social networks. I hope that more artists follow Pink's example, whether she is sincere or not, and put an end to this bullying against Madonna, which I'm sure affects her greatly.

Personally I have never liked Pink, I don't like her music except for this song Feel good time that did catch my attention at the time but mostly because of the production by William Orbit and I feel that if Madonna had sung it the result would have been much better.

On 2/25/2023 at 5:13 AM, Miki said:

Maybe she just is in a vulnerable state and said things she shouldn’t. I don’t like it. But Madonna is a big girl and unfortunately is used to being perceived as not being nice. 

thats the thing. I think especially after being into kabbalah and her marriage to GR, she's been very nice and sweet, almost endearing toward other females, really embraced them and lifted them up. even her "bitchy" comments weren't as bad as say, Cher calling madonna a "cunt" or that "she's not talented, not beautiful". as if not worthy of fame. Madonna never once said anything as demeaning and nasty as those words Cher said, yet somehow.. cher is seen as "the nice one".

If you compare what M has said about other people compared to other celebrities, I think she may be the one who had the least nasty things to say.

that she's "not nice" is just a narrative shared by madonna haters/it started with "reductive" because gaga fans couldn't handle seeing someone not cream themselves over gaga.