Survival could've been a single

hardrebelmdna

I actually love the singles they released but if I had to pick another one I'd choose I'd Rather Be Your Lover or Forbidden Love

I agree for a more *mellow* album that Bedtime Stories was... the singles released were pretty spot on.  I think for the time though, I'd Rather Be Your Lover would have worked against her.   Bedtime Stories was the answer to Erotica and the SEX Book which saw a HUGE Backlash against Madonna.  She had to re-invent a calmer image.  This is actually documented as needing to happen.

I agree for a more *mellow* album that Bedtime Stories was... the singles released were pretty spot on.  I think for the time though, I'd Rather Be Your Lover would have worked against her.   Bedtime Stories was the answer to Erotica and the SEX Book which saw a HUGE Backlash against Madonna.  She had to re-invent a calmer image.  This is actually documented as needing to happen.

you're right!

Survival would have made such a good single for Bedtime Stories! I love it. One of my faves on the album. Thoughts? +!

me too phinkes - survival, one more chance, evita remixed (an album only with the remixes), candy perfume girl, skin/sky fits heaven, time stood still, impressive instant, mother and father, ne me quite pas/if you go away [she could´ve released as a single if movie project was dropped] your honesty, like an angel passing ... [xmas single], isaac, history, beat goes on, shes not me, love spent

the amount of good song which could-ve been amazing and well-suceeded songs is huge :Madonna001::Madonna029:

Didn't she replace him on that song after they broke up?Supposedly he dumped her because his friends were giving him grief for dating a "white girl"Racism is real

Get your facts straight. Tupac's version was originally meant to be released, but was scrapped due to serious criminal charges brought against the late rapper and since the album was to present a kinder, more gentle Madonna, any unnecessary controversy was best avoided.

I can't take you seriously if you actually think reverse racism exists. Everything you say will be null and void to me. Goodbye

Yung Rapunxel I read books on Tupac as I was a fan in the 90s, him and Kurt Cobain ( RIP for both) and the romance with Madonna was talked about and most people agreed that Tupac cared for and had feelings for Madonna, but was FORCED by his many African American friends to break up with her in the basis that she's white. If that's not racism then I don't know what is.I've dating Black people before, 1 girl and 2 men, and experienced racism on both sides and I would date a black man again it was into him.Racism is racism

White privilege is real, reverse racism is not. How can we tell black people how to feel when we can't even begin to understand their oppression? White people are not oppressed. White people have systematic power/privilege. Wake up & shut up. Reverse racism isn't real due to power dynamics and the fact that racism is an institutionalized system

"I'm not racist. some of my best friends are black", "I'm not racist, I dated black people"

Posted Image

#StopWhitePeople

^ who the hell are you to tell me to shut up?ANYBODY can be racist it's not just a "white people racist against black people" thingWHEN YOU TREAT A DIFFERENT RACE AS LESS THEN JUST BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN THAT THEY'RE BORN WITH THEN YOU ARE BEING RACISTWhen I dated a black guy for 2 years as a teenager and had bottles thrown at me and even had my life threatened and told that I don't belong in her neighborhood when I was visiting her, I was experiencing racism by black teenage males.As a gay man if I start treating heterosexuals as pieces of shit and harass them and threaten to kill them and throw bottles at them just in the basis that they're heterosexual and I'm not IM BEING HETEROPHOBICIt's not rocket scienceAnd I know other minorities that are racist against one another as well its not just a black and white thing.And you said earlier that you had nothing to say to me. OK keep your promise then

And not that I need to justify anything to you but I have black in me as my Grandmother on my Mother's side is half black.And she told me horror stories about racism and growing up poor and on a fireIt was racism that drove her father, my great grandfather, who was a black man away. The KKK wanted to kill himYou can't tell that me or my siblings have black ancestry in us, however my Mom is a quarter and she has some features. When she was younger she was a dead ringer for Jennifer Beals, who is half black

the thing is, they're being "racist" to you, because they feel scared of white ppl, because of all the oppression that they suffered from white people. in my personal opinion you cant be racist towards a white person, because white people arent oppresed because of their skin. it sucks that people did those things to you, but its all because of the fear of oppresion

ps. i love survival lol

^ again I have black in me, even if I look white, well Italian. I have relatives on my Grandmother's side who married black men and women and whose children identify as black and a lot of them DONT LIKE WHITE PEOPLE AND WILL OPENLY ADMIT to being racist against whites and to my side of the family, even if they have a bit of white in them themselves. The whole "in lyrics white people can be racist" is THE DUMBEST SHIT I EVER HEART IN MY LIFE.And we're does that leave other minorities who are racist against other minorities or even darker skin black people who don't like lighter skin black people? ALL RACISM IS WRONGI always laugh at these ultra liberal white people who act like blacks or any other minority can't be racist, then move your ass to a predominantly Black neighborhood and seen how you're treated and hated just on the basis of you being white It's happened to me so many times that it would take me forever to mention each instance. The worst is when it comes from the predominantly Black side of my family. It hurts, even family members who I have who identify as black admit that black people can be racist and a lot of my family has ALWAYS acted racist towards my Grandmother and her children as her siblings all married black men or women and she married white.

Devilpray what oppression? I have never once oppressed a black person and I gave African American ancestry in me myself? And my Great Grandfather had been oppressed years ago for being black, does it hurt? Yes. But you have to MOVE ON and my ancestors in Italy had even more horrible things happen to them then my black relatives in the states.And when I dated that girl Alicia and I visited her in her predominantly Black neighborhood, first off she was gorgeous and I think a lot of the black teens in the neighborhood didn't like "no white boy dating a beautiful black girl", which is RACISM. If I was obviously black they wouldn't of had a problem with it they had a problem because of my perceived RACE, even tho I gave black in me.One of my best friends is half black and she married a white man, she's currently pregnant, and she gets shit on a daily basis from "the black community" even more than from whites for falling in love with and marry a white man.You can't help who you fall in love with

I love Survival (clearly, just look at my signature..lol). It's minimalist, catchy and straight to the point...the perfect album opener really. When the album was released I remember thinking that either Survival or Human Nature would be released as a single (it would have been redundant to release both), and I felt that Survival would be a better choice for radio since it wouldn't need to be censored or edited and it was generally more accessible than Human Nature. But knowing that Madonna didn't always like to go with the safer choice, I wasn't surprised at all that she went with Human Nature.

Here's a remix and video I made for Survival for our blog using the instrumental demo and album version.

http://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2014/10/25/today-in-madonna-history-october-25-1994/

I love Survival (clearly, just look at my signature..lol). It's minimalist, catchy and straight to the point...the perfect album opener really. When the album was released I remember thinking that either Survival or Human Nature would be released as a single (it would have been redundant to release both), and I felt that Survival would be a better choice for radio since it wouldn't need to be censored or edited and it was generally more accessible than Human Nature. But knowing that Madonna didn't always like to go with the safer choice, I wasn't surprised at all that she went with Human Nature.

Wish Madonna continued being like that. We could have got Gang Bang released as a single  :lord: