POPULAR

7 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Who worked on the project? 
It would be so random to release a music video 3 months after the single was released.

If it's even true... my thought is they see that it's still doing quite well, and figure to give it an extra push.  It's not all too common for songs or albums to rebound even a year later.  Anyway, we'll have to wait this out and see if this is even true.  I welcome it as it definitely would be great way for some positive exposure for Madonna.

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

If it's even true... my thought is they see that it's still doing quite well, and figure to give it an extra push.  It's not all too common for songs or albums to rebound even a year later.  Anyway, we'll have to wait this out and see if this is even true.  I welcome it as it definitely would be great way for some positive exposure for Madonna.

This. The song has been charting all Summer and still holding on. Maybe they've decided to give it a final push with a music video.

We'll see.

16 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Who worked on the project? 
It would be so random to release a music video 3 months after the single was released.

If true you must remember 

M got violently sick and was hospitalized, causing the rescheduling of her tour and who knows what else 

So if true the video could have been planned for month ago but she fell sick and it too had to be rescheduled 

1 hour ago, xavier said:

196-B8-A52-0-AD2-46-DF-891-D-20-B917-F8-

More info from pop justice, but take it with a grain of salt 

"According to what people are saying is a reliable user of the ATRL forum who frequently works on music video productions has stated that a music video for “Popular” has been filmed in NYC recently and should be out soon and it features Madonna in it!" 

14 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

They should of done a video two months back as this would have gone top 10 in the UK, instead it reached number 11. A bit pointless doing one now.

I wouldn't count the song out just yet.  It's been picking up a lot more steam lately.   I'm wondering to what someone said before that maybe there was plans within those three weeks before she was to start the tour originally, to film a video then?  A video with The Weeknd and Madonna could really be good for the song right now.  The song is really holding strong. They seem to be really working fast to get this video edited and released. 

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

I wouldn't count the song out just yet.  It's been picking up a lot more steam lately.   I'm wondering to what someone said before that maybe there was plans within those three weeks before she was to start the tour originally, to film a video then?  A video with The Weeknd and Madonna could really be good for the song right now.  The song is really holding strong. They seem to be really working fast to get this video edited and released. 

Not in the UK it's not, it's on ACR and the song is flying down the charts.

On a positive note, it has been number 1 in Bulgaria for the past 6 weeks

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic