Favorite Song from First Album: MADONNA?

Donna

Favorite Debut 'MADONNA' Album Song?   

114 members voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite song from the First Album?

Hard bc I love Lucky Star, Everybody, and Burning Up pretty much equally. They have a more techno, darkish sound compared to the happier pop vibes of Borderline and Holiday, which I definitely don't care for as much (unpopular opinion I know). Anyways I voted Lucky Star but want it on record it's really a 3 way tie.

52 minutes ago, Justice said:

I didn't expect that much love for Burning Up. It seemed to be underrated in the past. 

Also, it is surprising Lucky Star didn't get more votes. It is one of her best pure pop songs. 

I was surprised about Burning Up voted so high too, though it's well deserved. Glad I voted Lucky Star bc, yeah, it's underrated here.

Vote Lucky Star, ppl!

9 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Burning Up.  She was a gay man in a woman’s body from the very start.

Ha... she even stated that herself! 

And once again, Burning Up seems to be the favorite among fans at Infinity.... so far.  Anything still can happen though! :luv:

From the bottom of my heart, thanks to those who are participating in these Madonna 40 threads I've started. It's so nice to see fans put aside their differences and just appreciate Madonna.  I'm hoping with my threads and the recent health scare, more and more fans will come together and share their love and appreciation.  Madonna is definitely the one person that unites us all. :party:

On 7/20/2023 at 1:41 PM, Winn said:

I was surprised about Burning Up voted so high too, though it's well deserved. Glad I voted Lucky Star bc, yeah, it's underrated here.

Vote Lucky Star, ppl!

Yes, root for your favorite song.  Two more people voted for Lucky Star.  It's now the 5th favorite from Infinity fans.  Will it continue to grow as more people vote?  :thinker:

Just getting into this, for me it is Burning Up, obviously. It is the first song I remember of Madonna as a child, this pretty woman rolling around in a white dress on the road, I was too young to know who she was and it was a few years later I realised it was the same person singing so many songs I loved. Finally saw Burning Up Rock version on S&S, love it!

Now if Burning Up was not on the album, what would I choose, that is a hard one. I agree this album has aged incredibly well. I so so hope we get something later this week.

On 7/17/2023 at 3:45 PM, Pretender1978 said:

It also had to de with Madonna and Stephen being influenced by club culture, in clubs songs would often exceed 6 minutes. In fairness Everybody the album version isn't that long and Physical Attraction on YCD is exactly the same. Personally I love the long tracks, maybe Holiday doesn't need to be over 6 minutes but you almost can't edit Borderline without taking all the background singers and the wonderful ad lips out. Part of why they are so long are the extremely long intros, more than the rest of the song structure.

Well, your answer seems more coherent to me regarding Madonna's decision to intentionally and unnecessarily lengthen several of the songs on her first album. That is why we no longer saw this trend of extending the songs unnecessarily in her following albums like Like a Virgin or True Blue because it was not a "fashion" of the 80s as the other person told me but it was simply an inspiration based on the music they played in the clubs of that time, that is, extended versions.

Fortunately, all these songs were modified over the years and reduced in their original duration, because I don't think that an excessively long song turns out to be commercial, and even less in these times where songs don't last more than 3 minutes. Something that Madonna should keep in mind if she decides to relaunch her first album.

7 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

No, I'm just nuts, but I can hear it in my head and it's a certified #1, I assure you. Mariah has said The First Album is great. I can't remember what interview it was though.

I believe I heard her say something of that a long time back as well. :)