MADONNA The First Album Reissue 7.27.23/The Madonna Infinity Breakdown Thread

RUADJAI

On 7/27/2023 at 12:27 PM, Prayer said:

There's nothing else coming at this moment/day/week/month. Big announcements and pre-orders don't get out on Fridays, cause they'd get lost in the middle of all new Friday releases, they're usually during the middle of the week. So we're done for this week. Only extra thing we could get would be a remastered video ("Lucky Star" or "Burning Up", or both), but I doubt it.

Our next best bet would be having an announcement around her birthday for a Fall release but honestly, I give up now. :Madonna003: If they want to release something at some point... well, we'll be here. Or not :Madonna009:

I'm not mad but they've really lost the most perfect occasion today. They won't get a timing more perfect for this. Even some news outlets were talking about the 40th anniversary today, it was free promo for a new 40th edition. But of course, nothing.

IMG_0922.gif.2b6c176207f12bd4a63b050b43d3d9f9.gif

13 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I forgot like a virgin. I would argue bedtime stories is not. I do love it but it’s kind of a forgotten gem.

Bedtime Stories has her biggest billboard hit in it, Secret was also a hit and we know how she feels about Human Nature. Also it’s an album that could really benefit for a deluxe edition. Rhino even hinted at it with the Velvet edition post they did last year. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Bedtime Stories has her biggest billboard hit in it, Secret was also a hit and we know how she feels about Human Nature. Also it’s an album that could really benefit for a deluxe edition. Rhino even hinted at it with the Velvet edition post they did last year. 

Is it really a landmark album though? It’s kind of forgotten.

10 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Unfortunately, it's a forgotten album from her catalog.  Madonna basically made Human Nature into a classic staple song, even though it wasn't a huge hit.  TAB and Secret while fans still love, but the public rarely remembers those songs, due to Madonna's lack of attention to them.  Other than fans, I never hear that album really discussed among her catalog by the public and media.  Even American Life gets far more attention and mention and it did far worse than BS. 

I also feel like Music (the album) is being left in the dust too. I rarely hear people talk about that album either.  It's a great album, but obviously that was somewhat a transition album from ROL to AL.  I think it's become a lost gem as much as BS is. 

23 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I feel like the least they could do is update the album on streaming with the actual album version of 'Holiday'...

That's true,as much as I love or prefer that version to the real one,it's not about her team or our choice it is about what was in the original LP and CD that was always sold

51 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

They are using that god awful Immaculate Collection version with that subpar intro as the streaming Album Version?

Yikes.

Oh, only on the 2001 edition with the Bonus Tracks (just checked on Tidal).

You're very late to the party - it's been that way for many years 

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

They are using that god awful Immaculate Collection version with that subpar intro as the streaming Album Version?

Yikes.

Oh, only on the 2001 edition with the Bonus Tracks (just checked on Tidal).

Bruh.... The Immaculate version is the best version there is. I don't wanna hear it when listening to the first album tho. 

13 hours ago, tscott said:

Unfortunately, it's a forgotten album from her catalog.  Madonna basically made Human Nature into a classic staple song, even though it wasn't a huge hit.  TAB and Secret while fans still love, but the public rarely remembers those songs, due to Madonna's lack of attention to them.  Other than fans, I never hear that album really discussed among her catalog by the public and media.  Even American Life gets far more attention and mention and it did far worse than BS. 

I also feel like Music (the album) is being left in the dust too. I rarely hear people talk about that album either.  It's a great album, but obviously that was somewhat a transition album from ROL to AL.  I think it's become a lost gem as much as BS is. 

Are you sure?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/69eyz6/madonna-bedtime-stories-20th-anniversary-sex-sexuality-feminism

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/madonna-bedtime-stories/amp/

https://albumism.com/features/madonna-bedtime-stories-turns-25-anniversary-retrospective

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/madonna-bedtime-stories-20-babyface-donna-de-lory-retrospective-6274138/amp/

..and many others. This is not I’m Breathless, that is hardly talked about even if it includes Vogue. 

10 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I love I’m Breathless and I demand a Super Deluxe Edition to be released with outtakes, demo’s and a Hardcover Table Book of photos from that era!