Singles... if Erotica never received damage control treatment

GhostOrchid

One thing I know for sure: I'd love to see Waiting as a single, even if it were the remix feat. Everlast. Goodbye to Innocence (any version, released or not, atp I made it up to all of them) could have been a lovely B-side. Maybe Shame too if she would believe in its lyrics potential.

11 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

It is a pastiche of sounds!

That are all confessions on a dance floor... I suspect the Besson's scrapped film was not only titled this way, but the plot how M would present COADF album... Much more than just saving Hung Up, I Love New York and Future Lovers from the limbo where the other songs from musical were destinated to be.

7 hours ago, Anapausis said:

That are all confessions on a dance floor... I suspect the Besson's scrapped film was not only titled this way, but the plot how M would present COADF album... Much more than just saving Hung Up, I Love New York and Future Lovers from the limbo where the other songs from musical were destinated to be.

I Love NY was for the musical? Interesting 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I Love New York was indeed meant for the Luc Besson musical, so were Hung Up and I'm in Love with Love. However Future Lovers was conceived during the actual Confessions sessions unlike what is said above.

I knew some tracks were didnt know NY was one of them i always thought it was her messing around during RIT

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

I Love New York was indeed meant for the Luc Besson musical, so were Hung Up and I'm in Love with Love. However Future Lovers was conceived during the actual Confessions sessions unlike what is said above.

Not that I doubt you, but where do we know for sure ILNY was part of the Luc Besson musical?  Everything I've read and know it just came from Madonna while she was on tour during RIT with Stuart, and she wanted to include the demo version I'm Going to Tell You a Secret and then re-worked it for COADF?

On 6/21/2024 at 10:01 AM, wtg1987 said:

I think what let down the girlie show was the costumes - they just weren’t as iconic as BA or WTG tour imo - the set list and musical production was probably better than BA though and that stage was amazing design too - I loved the little boxes they used in the first act 

I can't get over that there's somebody out there that doesn't like the girlie show costumes.

Maybe they weren't 'in your face' as much, but they fit into the show perfectly

Already at the time of the Blond Ambition and Justify my love the press and the public began to perceive everything only as a way of doing scandal at all costs and then sell. I believe that Madonna with the project "Erotica" "sex" and the film "body of evidence" did nothing but reinforce this belief.
However, she could not show up in 1992 with a "like a prayer2" or a pop album when the music scene had completely changed.
Also I think Shep Pettibone was great as a remixer but didn’t have the ability to withstand the production of an entire album whose songs too often are not very incisive and repetitive in sounds.
This is demonstrated by the fact that even with other artists with whom he worked at that time he flopped always repeating the same patterns.
Put it all together ....

5 hours ago, DJ PHIBES said:

Already at the time of the Blond Ambition and Justify my love the press and the public began to perceive everything only as a way of doing scandal at all costs and then sell. I believe that Madonna with the project "Erotica" "sex" and the film "body of evidence" did nothing but reinforce this belief.
However, she could not show up in 1992 with a "like a prayer2" or a pop album when the music scene had completely changed.
Also I think Shep Pettibone was great as a remixer but didn’t have the ability to withstand the production of an entire album whose songs too often are not very incisive and repetitive in sounds.
This is demonstrated by the fact that even with other artists with whom he worked at that time he flopped always repeating the same patterns.
Put it all together ....

Totally. Somebody said here that she was to flop anyway with the fifth album, after that dick tracy soundtrack, and she knew it totally, so she went totally for this lol