Show Cancelations (A Discussion)

Honey Little

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I literally don't see the problem with this :rip:

We just have a fundamental disagreement on this philosophy I guess. Discussion doesn't cause consequence. By discussing a cancellation, there is no physical consequence on the universe thus causing a cancellation to occur. So I don't see the harm and never will

Obviously… I’m just saying people are concerned and worried. People could me a little more attentive and kind to others in general. 

Carry on… 

4 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I literally don't see the problem with this :rip:

We just have a fundamental disagreement on this philosophy I guess. Discussion doesn't cause consequence. By discussing a cancellation, there is no physical consequence on the universe thus causing a cancellation to occur. So I don't see the harm and never will

I was avoiding this thread on purpose, but after your words, realized I was just being suffering by anticipation.

After all, two things are true:

1) Nobody knows the future (unless by metaphysical means, which aren't far from being an unaniminity);

2) Nobody's indestructible.

It's just CT2 sounds to me rn so exciting as I didn't feel it since S&ST. Yes, I was very disappointed to MDNAT and MXT spoilers, and disappointment got even worse when they turned out to be true. During RHT anticipation I was somehow excited to the spoilers, but not in the level I was for S&ST and especially RIT.

And I do confess I wasn't any fond of CT2 as well, had no expectations much like @McDonna; but, with Drowned and @Dazedmadonnahints here and there, situation's really taken a 180 degrees level.

And I don't want this to be cancelled, but, again, read 1) and 2).

So... ur right. Totally right.

14 hours ago, dankpepe said:

There was this blind item posted on October 2nd: https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2023/10/blind-item-7_2.html

Hopefully it's not about Madonna and about Adele or someone

Hope not. If this happens, that’s a wrap on Madonna’s career in live performance. That would be devastating.

On 10/3/2023 at 12:00 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

5 shows were cancelled on the blond ambtion tour. 4 were in the US in June for a vocal cord infection (as seen in Truth or Dare) and one was for a Unions' strike and low ticket sales (may have been one of the rome shows)

The 5th October 1993 show on the girlie tour in Frankfurt, Germany was cancelled due to Technical difficulties

The June 5 and June 6th shows on the DWT were cancelled due to Technical problems and a show on August 3 for the same tour was cancelled due to illness

No cancelled shows for RIT and Confessions Tour

July 8 2009 S&S was cancelled, no reason given

July 19 2009 S&S was cancelled due to a stage collapse and people died

July 28 2009 was cancelled, again no reason given

August 20 2009 was cancelled due to low ticket sales

June 11 2012 in Zagreb, Crotia on the MDNA Tour was cancelled due to Scheduling conflicts

October 20 2012 in Dallas was cancelled due to Laryngitis

No cancelled shows on Rebel Heart Tour, some dates were moved due to scheduling conflicts though

Multiple dates cancelled on madame X due to Injury, one shw was cancelled for Production issues and one was 

cancelled for Scheduling limitations. Of course the last two shows in Paris were cancelled as a measure taken by the French government in face of COVID-19

5 dates on the celebration tour cancelled due to Scheduling conflicts

The fact that there are fans who know and keep track of these things. Amazing.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:41 PM, dankpepe said:

There was this blind item posted on October 2nd: https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2023/10/blind-item-7_2.html

Hopefully it's not about Madonna and about Adele or someone

What is this website? It looks like a bunch of ads and spam? Any reliability to this website? Looks like no one has ever heard of it. Looks like internet trash, viruses and spam.

6 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

What is this website? It looks like a bunch of ads and spam? Any reliability to this website? Looks like no one has ever heard of it. Looks like internet trash, viruses and spam.

There are a lot of ads, but this site has been around for 20 years now and lots of what it says ends up coming true. It revealed the Britney Spears divorce as happening before the media learned of it.

I have an ad blocker plugin on my browser so I never see ads anywhere

45 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

There are a lot of ads, but this site has been around for 20 years now and lots of what it says ends up coming true. It revealed the Britney Spears divorce as happening before the media learned of it.

I have an ad blocker plugin on my browser so I never see ads anywhere

Awesome. Thank you for sharing this and extra thanks for explaining what it is. I never heard of it and I imagine many others have no idea what it is either.

The only “permanent” A-list artists still alive are Madonna, Kylie Minage and Bruce Springsteen. So it will be one of these in my estimation.

The rest of today’s A-list artists are disposable trash.

52 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

There are a lot of ads, but this site has been around for 20 years now and lots of what it says ends up coming true.

And A LOT of what is says does NOT end up coming true. They have also lost more and more credibility in recent years and made all kinds of crazy claims that are basically conspiracy theories about celebrities. They are even less reliable than a tabloid. Everything written on there should be taken with a grain of salt.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

And A LOT of what is says does NOT end up coming true. They have also lost more and more credibility in recent years and made all kinds of crazy claims that are basically conspiracy theories about celebrities. They are even less reliable than a tabloid. Everything written on there should be taken with a grain of salt.

Thanks for this. It really looks like a trash site trying to make money off of hits and ads. So they probably post wherever will sell ads and viruses.

Some of you must be new to blind items. That site posted above, Crazydaysandnights, is probably the most well known blind item site, and they are NOTORIOUS for just making shit up based on gossip already discussed on message boards and social media. Like any sort of 'predictions', they can be right on a rare occasion, but much of that can also be figured out from just paying attention to what's going on in news and culture. It's not something that gives them any sort of great credibility, or proof that they have any real scoop. They've been consistently wrong and debunked far more times then they've ever been right.

In fact, over the years, their blind items have gotten more bizarre, with many going into straight up Q-Anon/MAGA territory. The owner of that site clearly has a political bias as well, not to mention the usual people in the comments (you would think you were at Fox News or Brietbart).

This blind just follows in a long line of all their 'possible' Madonna-related blinds for the past near decade which all paint M as an alcoholic and drug addict with no control over her life or career anymore. They conveniently prop up other pop stars though. Surprise, surprise. And a lot of these blinds are plants from rival PR/management companies that use the site to create media "narratives" (Deuxmoi on Instagram does the same).

Take anything and everything they say with a MASSIVE grain of salt.

34 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Thanks for this. It really looks like a trash site trying to make money off of hits and ads. So they probably post wherever will sell ads and viruses.

I think it started out differently many years ago and that’s why people take it seriously. But there’s also a lot of people that want to believe every bit of gossip they hear. God knows why.

FYI a little known fact: Of the proposed five dates in Japan for the Who’s That Girl World Tour 1987, the first of the three Tokyo shows, June 20, was cancelled at the last minute on show day due to foul weather despite “rain or shine” being printed on the ticket.

“When severe storms forced the cancellation of her first shows, despondent fans nearly rioted, and Madonna was confronted with out-of-control teenagers soaking themselves in the rain outside the stadium. Promoters had no choice but to refund U.S. $7 million to ticket-buyers.”[Wiki]

The tour itinerary on the Wiki article puts that date with no indication of cancellation, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_That_Girl_World_Tour