The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Adonna

Since "the reviews are in" post is not getting verry much love i will also post the Dutch reviews here... Dutch media has been extremly hard on her since Eurovision, it was one of the dutchies who said " thank god for Madonna's Auto-Tune " while counting the score. But it looks like Madonna has the dutchies back on her track again because the reviews for The Celebration Tour are pretty good...

I translate some parts for you...

Ad  gives 3 out of 5 stars, wich is still good, its like a 6 or 7 out of 10 

https://www.ad.nl/show/madonna-toont-zich-pas-na-22-20-uur-show-duurt-tot-ver-na-half-1-in-ziggo-dome~a3c43202/

When Madonna finally shows up in Amsterdam around 10:20 p.m., the audience goes crazy as if the delay is the most normal thing in the world.

Madonna treats Ziggo Dome to an unparalleled spectacle, which can rival what challengers such as Lady Gaga and Beyoncé offer. Well, vocally she can't match these colleagues, but it will never be as bad as that one time at the Eurovision Song Contest (2019). Moreover, her show is more personal than Beyoncé's and in terms of relevance, no one should yet be in Madonna's shadow.

Because that is something that sticks on the first of two evenings at Ziggo Dome: Madonna tells her life story in seven parts and almost casually recalls how great her influence as an artist has been over the past decades.

Then  "Het Parool"

https://www.parool.nl/kunst-media/recensie-madonna-zingt-verrassend-genoeg-heel-behoorlijk-in-nachtelijke-ziggo-dome~bec58577/

Praising her vocals in the headline. Saying she sounds suprisingly good 

Anyone who thought that Madonna would be thinking about retirement at the age of 65 saw the opposite on Friday evening (one night!) in the Ziggo Dome: the pop queen was in old-fashioned form, although her live band was missed

But on Friday and Saturday, until a quarter to one, she was the center of a frenzied spectacle in which she completely changed the scene on almost every song, and played something from almost every one of her albums.

The performances were as always visually dazzling (what a jewel the gospel carousel of Like a Prayer is) and, surprisingly after the dive into the autotune abyss at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2019, also very well sung.

Then we go to " Oor" 

https://oor.nl/concerten/opnieuw-bewijst-madonna-vriend-en-vijand-het-tegendeel/

Madonna once again proves friend and enemy wrong in Ziggo Dome

Even when you hardly expect it anymore, Madonna still manages to surprise and prove the opposite. It has become a law: if Madonna visits again, we will be there again. Because we are going to be surprised. As she herself wrote on the screens: never can say goodbye

And last " Trouw" giving 4 out of 5 stars 

https://www.trouw.nl/cultuur-media/madonna-ontroert-en-zingt-bij-vlagen-gewoon-mooi~b358e235/

The biggest surprise of the evening was the emotional content of the show, notes Trouw. During the concert, Madonna not only looked back on forty years of hits, but also on her life." "The emotional highlight of the evening was the song Live to Tell. Madonna also dedicated this song to friends who had lost her. And the compelling way in which she sang the song gave me goosebumps. She has never sounded so moving live. ."

I am verry happy to see finaly some positive articles about her again 🥰..

And she deserves it, The show is AMAZING 

Articles are very bad about the public in both shows of Berlin. The coldest audience ever had they said. And still no word about Cologne where the public was perfect and the concerts too. And no word of Madonna about Cologne. 

Her  goodbye in Amsterdam for the second and last in Europe is colder than 1st December. She is fed up. 

So I am happy to have had the chance to see her in Cologne where everything was perfect. 

Edited by PM3962 (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Since "the reviews are in" post is not getting verry much love i will also post the Dutch reviews here... Dutch media has been extremly hard on her since Eurovision, it was one of the dutchies who said " thank god for Madonna's Auto-Tune " while counting the score. But it looks like Madonna has the dutchies back on her track again because the reviews for The Celebration Tour are pretty good...

I translate some parts for you...

Ad  gives 3 out of 5 stars, wich is still good, its like a 6 or 7 out of 10 

https://www.ad.nl/show/madonna-toont-zich-pas-na-22-20-uur-show-duurt-tot-ver-na-half-1-in-ziggo-dome~a3c43202/

When Madonna finally shows up in Amsterdam around 10:20 p.m., the audience goes crazy as if the delay is the most normal thing in the world.

Madonna treats Ziggo Dome to an unparalleled spectacle, which can rival what challengers such as Lady Gaga and Beyoncé offer. Well, vocally she can't match these colleagues, but it will never be as bad as that one time at the Eurovision Song Contest (2019). Moreover, her show is more personal than Beyoncé's and in terms of relevance, no one should yet be in Madonna's shadow.

Because that is something that sticks on the first of two evenings at Ziggo Dome: Madonna tells her life story in seven parts and almost casually recalls how great her influence as an artist has been over the past decades.

Then  "Het Parool"

https://www.parool.nl/kunst-media/recensie-madonna-zingt-verrassend-genoeg-heel-behoorlijk-in-nachtelijke-ziggo-dome~bec58577/

Praising her vocals in the headline. Saying she sounds suprisingly good 

Anyone who thought that Madonna would be thinking about retirement at the age of 65 saw the opposite on Friday evening (one night!) in the Ziggo Dome: the pop queen was in old-fashioned form, although her live band was missed

But on Friday and Saturday, until a quarter to one, she was the center of a frenzied spectacle in which she completely changed the scene on almost every song, and played something from almost every one of her albums.

The performances were as always visually dazzling (what a jewel the gospel carousel of Like a Prayer is) and, surprisingly after the dive into the autotune abyss at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2019, also very well sung.

Then we go to " Oor" 

https://oor.nl/concerten/opnieuw-bewijst-madonna-vriend-en-vijand-het-tegendeel/

Madonna once again proves friend and enemy wrong in Ziggo Dome

Even when you hardly expect it anymore, Madonna still manages to surprise and prove the opposite. It has become a law: if Madonna visits again, we will be there again. Because we are going to be surprised. As she herself wrote on the screens: never can say goodbye

And last " Trouw" giving 4 out of 5 stars 

https://www.trouw.nl/cultuur-media/madonna-ontroert-en-zingt-bij-vlagen-gewoon-mooi~b358e235/

The biggest surprise of the evening was the emotional content of the show, notes Trouw. During the concert, Madonna not only looked back on forty years of hits, but also on her life." "The emotional highlight of the evening was the song Live to Tell. Madonna also dedicated this song to friends who had lost her. And the compelling way in which she sang the song gave me goosebumps. She has never sounded so moving live. ."

I am verry happy to see finaly some positive articles about her again 🥰..

And she deserves it, The show is AMAZING 

I told you so...

Didn't I?

53 minutes ago, PM3962 said:

Articles are very bad about the public in both shows of Berlin. The coldest audience ever had they said. And still no word about Cologne where the public was perfect and the concerts too. And no word of Madonna about Cologne. 

Her  goodbye in Amsterdam for the second and last in Europe is colder than 1st December. She is fed up. 

So I am happy to have had the chance to see her in Cologne where everything was perfect. 

From which newspages exactly? Cause all i read was positive. They even criticized the audience more than her.

Here are some reviews for the Berlin shows (mostly 1st Night) with translation of the most important. 

Rbb24: "Showcase of a Popqueen"

https://www.rbb24.de/kultur/beitrag/2023/11/konzertkritik-madonna-berlin-mercedes-benz-arena.html

They say she still sets standards. Seems relaxed and in a chatting mood. They say "what Madonna has achieved here, despite all the evil tongues, is really impressive and, above all, she offers 15,000 people a safe space that evening."

Musikexpress.de

"Boss babe who doesn't need a best-of show"

https://www.musikexpress.de/madonna-live-in-berlin-boss-babe-die-keine-best-of-show-noetig-hat-2468439/

They say she looks "fantastic" and one could even say she "never looked better". They say the audience wasn't screaming like at Bieber concerts but instead had amazed faces. They say she sang live and good. 

Laut.de: "The defiling Mary in Berlin"

https://www.laut.de/News/Madonna-live-Die-befleckende-Maria-in-Berlin-29-11-2023-20091

They say you can tell that she really enjoys this tour. They say she is "remarkably well integrated into the choreography. A certain slight hip stiffness seems more pleasant than annoying; it even gives her more dignity and gravitas." They complain about the sound in the arena and "miss a band." 

tip Berlin

https://www.tip-berlin.de/konzerte-party/konzerte/madonna-feiert-in-berlin-40-jahre-popgeschichte/

They say it became clear after this evening that she's still the "undisputed" Queen of Pop.

BZ-Berlin: "Madonna's (65) Berlin concert was a triumph! The US star put on a superlative show for over two hours"

https://www.bz-berlin.de/unterhaltung/madonna-konzert-in-berlin

T-Online: "The Queen of Pop is building her own monument"

https://www.t-online.de/region/berlin/id_100291838/madonna-in-berlin-celebration-tour-queen-of-pop-baut-sich-ihr-denkmal.html

Bild.de: "MadONNA WEATHER, what a show!"

https://m.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/leute/madonna-in-berlin-madonnawetter-was-fuer-eine-show-86263766.bildMobile.html?t_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

2 hours ago, PM3962 said:

She was on fire 2nd December 

2 hours ago, PM3962 said:

But every comment and fan review I read about Cologne said the audience were terrible... so...

And she was so pissed she even posted the fart speech the next day on her Instagram stories. She wasn't pleased at all with Cologne.

Cold goodbye in Amsterdam? She was all smiles and jokes during "Bitch" and "Celebration" and even blew them a kiss!

That's a first in this tour, as far as I remember.

PD: Her mic seems off but she was saying goodbye... or something xd

Its "funny" how the people who actually saw her live are all impressed and say nothing but positive things about the concert while people who didn't try to put her down. 

Like, i'm arguing with haters on Tik Tok & Twitter who claim things that never happened. Its frustrating and makes my blood boil.

8 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Its "funny" how the people who actually saw her live are all impressed and say nothing but positive things about the concert while people who didn't try to put her down. 

Like, i'm arguing with haters on Tik Tok & Twitter who claim things that never happened. Its frustrating and makes my blood boil.

Stan twitter is too toxic. Don't waste your time. I wasted years on that app. 

@sara94 i look on youtube for Amsterdam and she's WOW .... so why all this mess? a lot of the people who write bad thing are only idiots....stans of someone else.... i think the most important thing is that you go to the show and you like it.... about the shit of the others.... someone who is only a hater.... who cares?

1 hour ago, sara94 said:

Same here.. im arguing with someone who went and said she playback 90% of the show... Delusional on a whole new level..

Are they deaf? Blind? Because its clear when she sings and when not, even parts when the backing track is playing vocals and she starts singing late you can clearly hear the moment her live vocals come in... And she made so many mistakes this tour allready, mistakes that proves she's singing live and some songs have verry low volume backing tracks.

She even sounds flat sometimes and out of tune sometimes ( most of the time she sounds fine btw)

But still, some people say she's lipsyncing and it anoys me lol..

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Same here.. im arguing with someone who went and said she playback 90% of the show... Delusional on a whole new level..

Are they deaf? Blind? Because its clear when she sings and when not, even parts when the backing track is playing vocals and she starts singing late you can clearly hear the moment her live vocals come in... And she made so many mistakes this tour allready, mistakes that proves she's singing live and some songs have verry low volume backing tracks.

She even sounds flat sometimes and out of tune sometimes ( most of the time she sounds fine btw)

But still, some people say she's lipsyncing and it anoys me lol..

Some people love to give her s**t, no matter what. She can't and will never win with those ones.

Lucky for us she doesn't do it for them.

9 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

@True Blue 84  @Prayer but those people know she was in ICU near death intubated only few months ago?  Intubated ? its a miracle she still sing.... the intubation its very invasive its not a little thing....

To be fair, the intubated thing was never confirmed and was tabloid info. But of course it must have been pretty serious when all her children were called into hospital to be with her. She confirmed on one of her tour speeches that the doctors thought and said that was it.

I don't know, people who like to hate on her won't ever give her anything. I always thought that maybe if some day she's gone they would, but now I don't think they will even after that. Still to this day and five months after nearly dying, they can't even acknowledge the strength and will of this woman. Almost every other person would have cancelled the tour and go and live their own lives after such an experience.

She's here, she's giving the fans a dream tour and that's all that matters. :heart:

@Prayer yes! happy she's here with her music, art, creativity and amazing shows.... haters will always hate... nothing less nothing more.... its a waste of time to think at those idiots.... i want only celebrate M amazing career, music and talent all the other shit have zero value

I saw a poster earlier shared on a forum about someone on Twitter going viral tweeting "Taylor is more influential and Madonna peaked with True Blue and fell off." Half the times these people troll or simply try to clickbait to get viral on the site. Usually tend to ignore them and they're usually those who are simply miserable people. Not worth the time or effort. If they can't see that Madonna is the blueprint and standard every female artist is compared to, there's no helping them at all. 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

But every comment and fan review I read about Cologne said the audience were terrible... so...

And she was so pissed she even posted the fart speech the next day on her Instagram stories. She wasn't pleased at all with Cologne.

Cold goodbye in Amsterdam? She was all smiles and jokes during "Bitch" and "Celebration" and even blew them a kiss!

That's a first in this tour, as far as I remember.

PD: Her mic seems off but she was saying goodbye... or something xd

Honestly this is one of thing things that frustrates me most this tour from most clips I’ve seen; the amount of times they turn her mic off and almost always at points where it would be clear she is going to say something to the audience such as the “thank you goodnight”. 

2 minutes ago, alanuk said:

Honestly this is one of thing things that frustrates me most this tour from most clips I’ve seen; the amount of times they turn her mic off and almost always at points where it would be clear she is going to say something to the audience such as the “thank you goodnight”. 

Gives us hope for all the nights she didn't seem to say anything for a goodbye... maybe she did but her mic was already off? :Madonna009:

LONDON is calling. Everything is against us...the train strikes and the curfew. The only Country on Earth that will cut the power and leave her hanging from that platform in  complete darkness...but yes we're fucking ready with our fine ye olde ales and our great British spirit to guide her down to safety with our flash lights..God save the Queen

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic