The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Adonna

@Anapausis thanks for this info about Britney and this piece of interview!

@Voguerista its sad and horrible how politic and politicians work for years and years to tell us that people who have different opinions or taste , are enemies ... all this shit only to stay at the power and take tons of public money,  and they start to put out all this silly words... now its woke for example, and they are totally not able to solve Real problems like terrorism, debt, economy, innovation or healthcare....

say that, i perfectly known this is a M forum so my politicians and politic bla bla bla its over....

22 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

@Anapausis thanks for this info about Britney and this piece of interview!

@Voguerista its sad and horrible how politic and politicians work for years and years to tell us that people who have different opinions or taste , are enemies ... all this shit only to stay at the power and take tons of public money,  and they start to put out all this silly words... now its woke for example, and they are totally not able to solve Real problems like terrorism, debt, economy, innovation or healthcare....

say that, i perfectly known this is a M forum so my politicians and politic bla bla bla its over....

Exactly. Thanks! 

From Drowned Madonna Instagram. Just awesome @Dazedmadonna!::

drownedmadonnacom:: Wow, the numbers are in and they are absolutely incredible! The first leg of @madonna The Celebration Tour has grossed a whopping $77.5 million and sold an impressive 429,000 tickets across Europe. And guess what? And with the North American leg and a handful of Mexico shows still to come, this tour is on track to pull in a total haul of $240-245 million and 1.1-1.2 million tickets sold over 79 shows! This is truly an epic achievement!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0mvWoQMsEN/

Adding: See this thread for even more: 

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

In my opinion, it’s not so much Americans as  a whole. It’s our American press and our politicians that are some of our biggest issues. They try to censor, control, divide, and conquer everything and everyone. They will lie, embellish, and distort the truth to make a buck or control. I hope I’m wrong but the press will sadly have a hay day with Madonna. I hope and pray I’m wrong. 

Yeah. It’s hard to say though. Regarding politicians, the only ones that say anything about her are right wing nutjobs, and getting them angry is almost a badge of honor.

The opening reviews that ran in major US publications were pretty positive and I’m hoping that continues. There seems to be an effort among journalists here to encourage the idea that, ‘she’s one of our last living legends, we should appreciate her while we can’, etc. Local press reviews are always a crapshoot so we’ll see.

The public is another thing. There will always be people talking crap on social media. I think that’s become universal, sadly.

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Well... since Eurovision Madonna is Slaughtert in every comment section here in Holland, most of the people here see her as someone with no talent and can't sing and is definitley not a legend. 

Even when she anounced the tour the regular people said only bad things about her.. 

I must say dutch media is turned around and was mostly positive about her and the new tour, but i did not read any comments on Facebook from a dutch article because those people are just sad and shading everybody without knowing a thing...

From another member on here i know German media and not fans people are rude about her 90% of the time..

Thats why i tought the hate in america can't be worse than in Europe, and i know, europe is bigger than just Holland and Germany but stil 

Ps sorry for my bad english 

Sadly I think this has become A global phenomenon nowadays, and at this point just the nature of social media. People go online to shit on things. On her, sure, but not exclusively.

It’s interesting to me that while I think a lot of fans assume most of the hate she gets is from young people, some of the nastiest, most hateful things I’ve seen about her are from other older people. A lot of middle aged and older English people seem to really HATE her. A lot of Americans seem to just kind of roll their eyes and lol at her.

It’s like some folks use her as a target to project their own insecurities and dissatisfaction w/aging.

1 hour ago, MikeyK said:

Sadly I think this has become A global phenomenon nowadays, and at this point just the nature of social media. People go online to shit on things. On her, sure, but not exclusively.

It’s interesting to me that while I think a lot of fans assume most of the hate she gets is from young people, some of the nastiest, most hateful things I’ve seen about her are from other older people. A lot of middle aged and older English people seem to really HATE her. A lot of Americans seem to just kind of roll their eyes and lol at her.

It’s like some folks use her as a target to project their own insecurities and dissatisfaction w/aging.

Things that bother me the most is always bring up her age, always bring up how bad she sounded at eurovision, even when she sounds good they say " we know madonna is vocaly not a Beyonce " and more things like that..

Cmon, when they talk about male artists they never bring up age. When they talk about Mick Jagger they never say " we now vocaly he is no Pavarotti " or when they talk bruce springsteen they never say " remember that horrible vocal performances years ago " and he has many... When it comes to males they just move on and praise them when something new is comming, with females they always got a negative tone, and definatly with Madonna... 

11 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Well... since Eurovision Madonna is Slaughtert in every comment section here in Holland, most of the people here see her as someone with no talent and can't sing and is definitley not a legend. 

Even when she anounced the tour the regular people said only bad things about her.. 

I must say dutch media is turned around and was mostly positive about her and the new tour, but i did not read any comments on Facebook from a dutch article because those people are just sad and shading everybody without knowing a thing...

From another member on here i know German media and not fans people are rude about her 90% of the time..

Thats why i tought the hate in america can't be worse than in Europe, and i know, europe is bigger than just Holland and Germany but stil 

Ps sorry for my bad english 

It's interesting to read about it. I don't give much attention to press or people reaction, in Italy of course they also mock at her, cause she often chooses to act in an excessive and sometimes uncomprehensible way, at the same time I often listen, on tv and on line, people recognizing her contribution, value and status. Some more, some less, but her story is quite clear here. This is just my impression of course, I may be wrong.

I also read about English people hating her, it's sad, they were crazy for M till the 2000s and she lived in GB for years, always appreciating London. 

These kind of reactions are mostly trends, if critics, influencers, musicians start to praise her again, things could still have a final re-establishing turn. If this tour will be streamed or, even better, televised and she has some good and mature new material, she could still have a chance imo.

About our english :lol: You know what? It is what it is: basicaly all my posts are re-edited beacuse, when I come back to check what I wrote, I always find several mistakes :lol: ... and I still insist on extending the thing to complicated matters :Madonna043: 

4 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Cmon, when they talk about male artists they never bring up age. When they talk about Mick Jagger they never say " we now vocaly he is no Pavarotti " or when they talk bruce springsteen they never say " remember that horrible vocal performances years ago " and he has many... When it comes to males they just move on and praise them when something new is comming, with females they always got a negative tone, and definatly with Madonna... 

Very true. I JUST saw a reel clip on insta of ITG from Live Aid. Now I think that clip is fun, and so did some of the commenters, but of course there are some comments saying she’s a shit singer etc. Someone chimed in and said something like, “she may be but come on, mick jagger was a shit singer when the Stones started and still is, and nobody complains about him.” It’s true.

49 minutes ago, stefo said:

These kind of reactions are mostly trends, if critics, influencers, musicians start to praise her again, things could still have a final re-establishing turn. If this tour will be streamed or, even better, televised and she has some good and mature new material, she could still have a chance imo.

I agree. A lot of the online hate she gets is just social media hive mind nonsense. Unfortunately she’s been on an informal “we don’t like her” list for a while now, the same way people like Cher and Dolly Parton seem to be on a “we love her” list, regardless of how good or bad their music is, or how little it is even known by most people.

1 hour ago, MikeyK said:

I agree. A lot of the online hate she gets is just social media hive mind nonsense. Unfortunately she’s been on an informal “we don’t like her” list for a while now, the same way people like Cher and Dolly Parton seem to be on a “we love her” list, regardless of how good or bad their music is, or how little it is even known by most people.

Hah that’s funny and true. The funny thing was in the 90s, Cher was on the “we don’t like her list” I remember she was just made fun of that entire decade until Believe. 

7 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Things that bother me the most is always bring up her age, always bring up how bad she sounded at eurovision, even when she sounds good they say " we know madonna is vocaly not a Beyonce " and more things like that..

Sooo true. The ageism against her is so brutal. I have never seen something like this before. People are so disgusting and mean. 

Dolly was lipsyncing for her life at that Thanksgiving half time show and i rarely found negative comments about that. Also her outfit - if M would wear something like this, the whole world would be stoning her verbally. Its so unfair. 

2 hours ago, adirondak said:

Hah that’s funny and true. The funny thing was in the 90s, Cher was on the “we don’t like her list” I remember she was just made fun of that entire decade until Believe. 

Seriously! And when you try to explain this to younger ppl they sometimes don’t believe you. If in the late 90s someone told me that in 20 years Madonna would be getting routinely disparaged and Cher would be sorta beloved by a younger generation I NEVER would’ve believed it. She was kind of a joke most of the decade.

Sorry @dave2290 for disappointing you the moment you read my post but, after the last couple of hours, I feel totally like the lyrics to

Will now to grocery buy eggs and lettuce, to go outdoors does wonders to my mental health. If this mankind did the same, we would never care for what the others say and only mind our business.

And, yes, I'm not sorry, it's

No wonder M has chosen these both to represent her "repressed/forced-by-label" album at current tour.

1 hour ago, dave2290 said:

@Anapausis do what you want.... why disapponting?

I just came back from grocery, sorry.

You asked me yesterday to stay here and keep talking about M and M's music, but, after watching all this endless sterile discussion about how M's viewed by media and GP, I just reminded of the I Don't Search I Find interlude at Celebration Tour and how Bedtime Story segues to it. So I just felt, "sorry, Dave, I don't feel I need to express myself, in fact today is the last day that I'm using words, they've gone out, lost their meaning, don't function anymore," but, again, as you also told me the day before, I decided to use my brain - and posted what I posted. And, as Pilatos said, quod scripsi scripsi, what I wrote I wrote.

Btw, @True Blue 84, @stefo and everybody else here, given we are most Europeans or from former European colonies, we can use here Euro English instead of the King Charles III's English:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_English

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/King's_English

After all, every lingua franca generates their own creoles or patoises. Koiné Greek, Latin, ancient Chinese, Portuguese, French, all did. Even old Tupi did in South America.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Lingua_franca

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creole_language

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/patois

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupi_language

Now, back to M!

You're welcome too, @stefo! But, doing a lil' going back to my last post, do you speak Euro English? And gong back to M, I do believe M would get Euro English totally, don't you think so? (Sorry to Detroit and Rochester neighbourhoods...)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester,_Michigan

(Where M actually lived in her childhood, right @dave2290?

EDIT: actually she lived in

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester_Hills,_Michigan

Damn vicinal towns who share same names...)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic