The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

12 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yes, I'm serious. I think MXT is her worst vocal performance of the song.  I also don't like how they slowed it down either.  It just sounded pretty bad.  Other than that, I loved the visuals and she looked beautiful singing with her daughter performing.

I agree Celebration performance can use some more work, but it's not as bad as I first thought.  And yeah, I enjoyed her previous performances of the song on other tours such as Drowned World Tour which she probably sounded the best. The thing is; it's not an easy song to sing for her.  She has a hard time holding on to those notes if hitting them correctly.  But what she lacks in vocals, she always tend to put 100% feeling into her performances of this song.

Drowned world was her 2nd best vocal performance of Frozen, her best was at the Rainforest benefit, flawless 

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

You guys must have watched other video's that I did.. sure some night where off, but lots of times she sounded great at Frozen Madame X tour 

I'm referring to the official released recording and the streaming concert that was released.  Again, I just didn't like the version she did of the song and how they slowed the song down with her lower vocals on it.  It just didn't sound good to me.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

I'm referring to the official released recording and the streaming concert that was released.  Again, I just didn't like the version she did of the song and how they slowed the song down with her lower vocals on it.  It just didn't sound good to me.

I got that same feeling with re-invention Frozen, lots of people realy liked that one, but not for me. 

7 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

You guys must have watched other video's that I did.. sure some night where off, but lots of times she sounded great at Frozen Madame X tour 

Well let's remember for this tour she was pulling a Kylie and doing 3 nights in a row, naturally there were nights were she didn't seem like struggling to the arrangement (and honestly @McDonnaas everything M does I see some logic in this slowed down version because it needed to be this way to follow the Lola backdrop interactions to mom. All was concieved to be a reverse mother-daughter interaction within the flow of time. When Frozen came, M had Lola in her arms. Almost 20 years later** Lola became the one who had M "in her arms").

**Now the one who's pulling a M is me (she exchanged "later" for "ago" at a discourse during Burning Up'81 introduction in some city for TCT, can't recall which one).

1 minute ago, True Blue 84 said:

I got that same feeling with re-invention Frozen, lots of people realy liked that one, but not for me. 

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on the Re-Invention as well, but it sounds far better than MXT to me. :)

Honestly, to all the naysayers: You have to be in the arena to really appreciate the magnificence of this show and Madonna’s star power and showmanship .None of the videos on social channels do any of the performances justice. I am guilty of not liking EY, Holiday, Frozen after watching them online but watching them live made me really appreciate them. The energy in the audience (99% of the crowd was 35+ ) was just undying. The whole arena was standing for the entire show.

She also sounded amazing. Wish I could go again sans phone.

This is based on Night 2 in Toronto. The one and only time I’ve seen her live.

2 minutes ago, TorontoDude said:

Honestly, to all the naysayers: You have to be in the arena to really appreciate the magnificence of this show and Madonna’s star power and showmanship .None of the videos on social channels do any of the performances justice. I am guilty of not liking EY, Holiday, Frozen after watching them online but watching them live made me really appreciate them. The energy in the audience (99% of the crowd was 35+ ) was just undying. The whole arena was standing for the entire show.

Oh dear, many thanks for sharing your experience.

EDIT: Be welcome to Infinity!!! Hope you find here a place to love!!!

2 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well let's remember for this tour she was pulling a Kylie and doing 3 nights in a row, naturally there were nights were she didn't seem like struggling to the arrangement (and honestly @McDonnaas everything M does I see some logic in this slowed down version because it needed to be this way to follow the Lola backdrop interactions to mom. All was concieved to be a reverse mother-daughter interaction within the flow of time. When Frozen came, M had Lola in her arms. Almost 20 years later** Lola became the one who had M "in her arms").

**Now the one who's pulling a M is me

Sorry, they could have chosen a better way to execute the song or a better mix if they needed time for Lourdes's video.  Anyway, it's just my two cents.  I understand why some people really loved this particular performance because other than the version and her vocals, it was still a stunning part of the show.

2 minutes ago, TorontoDude said:

I saw the concert live and it's amazing. 

We just arguing if Frozen is better than rain ( so far) wich is not...

Frozen may be the better song but Rain in this case is the better performance 

23 minutes ago, TorontoDude said:

I totally agree and I have to remember to always keep that in mind.   In fact, I've noticed just by watching videos how the sound, quality of her voice changes just when someone zooms in or out when recording the performance.  And most definitely, being there in person truly changes the energy, feel and enjoyment of the songs and show. :luv:

4 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

My friend, we need to give a good impression to the newcomers here, they have to feel like home, no matter how they treat the others here, like "naysayers" or not.

1 minute ago, True Blue 84 said:

Yeah, this is where I am at.  I just thought Rain was great where it was.  I think for me it's more about the fact Frozen has been performed live so many times while Rain hasn't.  I just felt Rain deserved to be featured all through the tour dates.  I wouldn't object if she added Frozen as well to the show, but that's not what happened here. She replaced Rain. 

6 minutes ago, TorontoDude said:

Lots of great video's online actualy. But I agree that in person it's even better. But that is always the case... 

Anyway im glad you had a blast, i sure did to at December 2nd in Amsterdam. 

21 minutes ago, TorontoDude said:

truth!

she's amazing! and the show too!

30 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on the Re-Invention as well, but it sounds far better than MXT to me. :)

This is interesting, I wanna take part of this. I agree with you about the Madame X version, it's visually fascinating at the same time it's too much lowered for me too. It just needed to be cut imo, also visually, after 4 minutes and a half I was ok, I did not need to get 6:30 :lol:

EDIT: This "Toronto version" of Frozen is nice, not the mess of SS at all, and it's clear that everything was staged for Frozen in that part of the show, STILL Rain gives the perfect uplifting feeling and the song is too beautiful to miss this event.Still team Rain, for ever.

The best Frozen vocal performance definitely remains the Rainforest Benefit one, it seems we all agree about that, BUT my prefered one musically is just the ReInvention Tour one, it's something wich I feel about the whole show. For me it was the last one in wich I heard the strenght of the live instruments, even Drowned world had already a more "perfect/plastic" sound in many tracks imo. Then I loved the "giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive yourself to me" with her arms stretched ahead and the video was cool.

Still the videos had a real artsy feeling at that point - this is another topic, I know - especially Paradise, the best ever imo, The Beast within, Frozen. They became just routine with the passing of time (I think of the Iconic intro, Future Lovers or Get Stupid ... nice, all of them, but the inspiration got weaker imo, as normal I think). Another good choice this time was to avoid them actually.

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

This is interesting, I wanna take part of this. I agree with you about the Madame X version, it's visually fascinating at the same time it's too much lowered for me too. It just needed to be cut imo, also visually, after 4 minutes and a half I was ok, I did not need to get 6:30 :lol:

The best Frozen vocal performance definitely remains the Rainforest Benefit one, it seems we all agree about that, BUT my prefered one musically is just the ReInvention Tour one, it's something wich I feel about the whole show. For me it was the last one in wich I heard the strenght of the live instruments, even Drowned world had already a more "perfect/plastic" sound in many tracks imo. Then I loved the "giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive yourself to me" with her arms stretched ahead and the video was cool.

Still the videos had a real artsy feeling at that point then  - but this is another topic - especially Paradise, the best ever imo, The Beast within, Frozen. They became just routine with the passing of time (I think of the Iconic intro, Future Lovers or Get Stupid ... nice, all of them but the inspiration got weaker imo, as normal I think). Another good choice this time was to avoid them actually.

Yeah, like you I just love it was the real last time for live instruments and she really put a lot of effort in trying to sing the song really well.  I'm sure she tried afterwards, but I don't think nothing compares to the earlier live performances.

And like you, the whole artsy visual aspect can really influence how one enjoys a performance from her even if the vocals aren't great.  For me, that is how MXT version came off.  I love the whole visual to that performance.  I just didn't enjoy the version of the song nor her vocals.  To me, she should have probably left the MXT as an Video interlude with a studio version of the song playing along with Lourdes' dance.

8 minutes ago, stefo said:

EDIT: This "Toronto version" of Frozen is nice, not the mess of SS at all, and it's clear that everything was staged for Frozen in that part of the show, STILL Rain gives the perfect uplifting feeling and the song is too beautiful to miss this event.Still team Rain, for ever.

Still the videos had a real artsy feeling at that point - this is another topic, I know - especially Paradise, the best ever imo, The Beast within, Frozen. They became just routine with the passing of time (I think of the Iconic intro, Future Lovers or Get Stupid ... nice, all of them, but the inspiration got weaker imo, as normal I think). Another good choice this time was to avoid them actually.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Yeah, like you I just love it was the real last time for live instruments and she really put a lot of effort in trying to sing the song really well.  I'm sure she tried afterwards, but I don't think nothing compares to the earlier live performances.

And like you, the whole artsy visual aspect can really influence how one enjoys a performance from her even if the vocals aren't great.  For me, that is how MXT version came off.  I love the whole visual to that performance.  I just didn't enjoy the version of the song nor her vocals.  To me, she should have probably left the MXT as an Video interlude with a studio version of the song playing along with Lourdes' dance.

Lets rank the Frozen tour performances...here is mine:

1 Drowned world tour 

2 Madame X tour 

3 Celebration 

4 Re-invention 

5 Rebel heart 

6 Sticky and Sweet 

Hope i didn't forget one..

11 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

1 Drowned world tour 

2 Madame X tour 

3 Celebration 

4 Re-invention 

5 Rebel heart 

6 Sticky and Sweet 

Maybe a controversial opinion but I don't think "Frozen" has never translated that well from studio version to a live setting. My fave was the "Re-Invention Tour" one cause it was just her and a beautiful backdrop, but still it wasn't perfect, especially vocally:

The DWT one is iconic but also gimmicky.

MXT beautiful but it was more about Lola than everything else...

I always find a "but" with "Frozen" live, honestly.

Edit: I didn't remember AT ALL "Frozen" on some of the "Rebel Heart Tour" shows. AT ALL xd

11 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

1 Drowned world tour 

2 Madame X tour 

3 Celebration 

4 Re-invention 

5 Rebel heart 

6 Sticky and Sweet 

For me is about Presentation/Visuals vs. sound/vocals

If I was strictly going by the sound and vocals I would rate it...

1. DWT

2. Re-invention

3 Rebel Heart

4. Celebration

5. Sticky and Sweet

6. Madame X Tour

but if I was to compare the Presentation and visuals it would go like this...

1. DWT

2. Madame X Tour

3. Re-Invention

4. Sticky and Sweet

5 Celebration

6. Rebel Heart Tour

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Maybe a controversial opinion but I don't think "Frozen" has never translated that well from studio version to a live setting. My fave was the "Re-Invention Tour" one cause it was just her and a beautiful backdrop, but still it wasn't perfect, especially vocally:

Drowned world tour was perfect 

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And vocal wise the Rainforest Benefit is perfect to 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic