Stuart Price Shares Sonic Secrets From Madonna’s Celebration Tour

Askeroff

They should do a "Confessions" series of albums

They've already done "Confessions On a Dance Floor" - exploring the genre of dance.

Next up could be "Confessions On a Donkey" - her first truly country western album

Then "Confessions On a Drug Den" - her first psychedelia project

And so on!

35 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

They've already done "Confessions On a Dance Floor" - exploring the genre of dance.

Next up could be "Confessions On a Donkey" - her first truly country western album

And so on!

“Confessions On the Seashore” - ocean wave sleep sounds 

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

And so on!

Oh dear pretty sure the title "Confessions on a Dance Floor" was borrowed from the musical project M and Luc Besson were working prior to it.

3 hours ago, SonnyX said:

I totally agree! I hope that they really do work together on a new album. Although the question is can they both create something magical once again? I don't mean that they have to repeat themselves and create another Confessions (which is impossible and Madonna wouldn't want that) but do they still have that chemistry and that mindset to create another great body of work together? I am asking myself this cause we know that it did not happen with William Orbit. We expected something unique and amazing like Ray of Light when they worked together again on MDNA but in the end we got something... let's say different :lol:

Well I mean William Orbit was only on a handful of songs on MDNA and those songs are generally the better ones on the album. He wasn’t even the lead producer on any of those tracks either. 

But I think the situation would be different. To me, MDNA isn’t really a true Madonna-Orbit collab. Orbit was just one of several producers who did some work on the record.

I don’t think Stuart would be just one name among many on the production side, I think he’d once again be the EP and would be very heavily involved in how the album develops. Considering she reached out to him to do the direction for her retrospective tour it seems clear that she still really values his input and judging by how well the show turned out musically, it seems their working relationship is as strong as ever. 

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

And so on!

Confessions at a McDonna’s

"Can we expect setlist changes or surprises as the tour rolls on?

I think… Madonna’s reputation is for always having a highly rehearsed, highly choreographed show and she provides the element of dynamicism with her interactions. But at the same time, her mind keeps evolving and reaching further. And it’s common on her tours to start to perform to audiences, feel what works and where there’s an opening to do something new. It would be foolish to not take opportunities to act on inspiration. It’s a long tour. Right now, what audiences are seeing is the pure form rehearsal version of the show, and as it goes on, there will be an evolution."

This part of the interview especially caught my attention because it allows me to effectively verify that Madonna is open to change and does not cling to the fact that the public must settle for what she decides to present in her shows because she wants it that way or because she consider that everything she does is perfect. I knew that humility was one of her virtues and adapting to the requests of her audience/followers is an example of this.

Right now, almost the majority of people are asking on social networks for a more spectacular show ending worthy of a superstar like her. I think this will be one of the first changes she will make to her tour as the days go by.

Others do not agree with Bob's participation because they argue that he contributes nothing to the show. In this case I find it highly unlikely due to his omnipresence throughout the show. Personally, I don't care. I only would have liked him to appear after Nothing Really Matters because this moment is so spectacular and out of this world that it should have started the tour from the first moment and then gave way to the earthly, such as celebration and party.

6 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Right now, almost the majority of people are asking on social networks for a more spectacular show ending worthy of a superstar like her. I think this will be one of the first changes she will make to her tour as the days go by.

I don't expect the ending to be any different... i'm sure she believes the ending is perfect and she needs to finish with one of her most recent songs...

I think solos and acoustic songs will be changing occasionally because they don't need additional modifications... i'm sure Rain and Frozen will be rotating throughout the tour

18 hours ago, androiduser said:

I don't expect the ending to be any different... i'm sure she believes the ending is perfect and she needs to finish with one of her most recent songs...

I think solos and acoustic songs will be changing occasionally because they don't need additional modifications... i'm sure Rain and Frozen will be rotating throughout the tour

I agree with Celebration being the last song of this tour but I think the performance itself is very poor for being the last song added to the fact of her unexpected disappearance from the stage without even saying goodbye. Something that obviously takes the public by surprise and leaves them with a taste of bewilderment.

I think more details need to be added to this part of the show. Maybe approach the audience and have them sing certain parts of the song similar to previous tours (Confessions, Sticky and Sweet, Mdna), maybe include other songs like Give it 2 me or Candy Shop or have balloons fall or some objects from the sky, etc All of this would add more attractiveness and richness to a show finale that deserves to be as impressive as, without a doubt, the beginning of the show is. And when I refer to the beginning I'm specifically referring to Madonna singing Nothing Really Matters.

To sum up I just ask for cohesion in the show from start to finish. Simply that.

5 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I agree with Celebration being the last song of this tour but I think the performance itself is very poor for being the last song added to the fact of her unexpected disappearance from the stage without even saying goodbye. Something that obviously takes the public by surprise and leaves them with a taste of bewilderment.

What are you talking about?  Every night she has left thanking the audience and saying and or implying a "goodnight".   Even on the second night when she left after singing Rain, she said "Thank you and good night".  The Celebration outro is set up to say her farewells and thank the audience. 

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

What are you talking about?  Every night she has left thanking the audience and saying goodbye.   Even on the second night when she left after singing Rain, she said "Thank you and good night".  The Celebration outro is set up to say her farewells and thank the audience. 

It's true. On the second date, Madonna says goodbye to her audience. We agree on that. But on the first and third dates (I haven't seen the subsequent videos yet) Madonna simply walks off the stage without saying a word or gesturing any sign of farewell.

Obviously there is a big difference in being present on the live tour than in issuing an opinion based on YouTube videos, but I am not exaggerating when I say that I do not perceive any farewell in these videos even though you say the opposite. Maybe we are in parallel realities or our senses perceive reality in a different way, but that is what I perceive in these videos.

In any case, I think that some slight changes in these last minutes of the show would be very good and should happen eventually. Maybe Madonna and all the drag queens with their hands clasped and bowing (similar to the farewells of actors in theaters) would be a more memorable end to the party and a scene more worthy of being imprinted on the retina of the entire audience. I do not have any doubt about that.

bow-end-of-the-play-min.gif.4adb03fd2fc73025f9ac7e36a9209652.gif

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

It's true. On the second date, Madonna says goodbye to her audience. We agree on that. But on the first and third dates (I haven't seen the subsequent videos yet) Madonna simply walks off the stage without saying a word or gesturing any sign of farewell.

Obviously there is a big difference in being present on the live tour than in issuing an opinion based on YouTube videos, but I am not exaggerating when I say that I do not perceive any farewell in these videos even though you say the opposite. Maybe we are in parallel realities or our senses perceive reality in a different way, but that is what I perceive in these videos.

In any case, I think that some slight changes in these last minutes of the show would be very good and should happen eventually. Maybe Madonna and all the drag queens with their hands clasped and bowing (similar to the farewells of actors in theaters) would be a more memorable end to the party and a scene more worthy of being imprinted on the retina of the entire audience. I do not have any doubt about that.

bow-end-of-the-play-min.gif.4adb03fd2fc73025f9ac7e36a9209652.gif

You're right she doesn't necessarily say the words "good night" every night when exiting the stage, but it's implied as the Celebration outro she thanks the audience and her dancers, etc, before leaving the stage.  To me that is gesturing a farewell.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic