1. 1. best greatest hits package

• you can dance
    • immaculate collection
    • something to remember
    • GHV2
    • GHV2 REMIXED
    • CELEBRATION
    • Holiday Collection
    • FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE (hahaha i forgot about this)

It'll be interesting to see how they manage her next and likely ultimate Greatest Hits package which I wouldn't expect until she is close to calling it a day. We might get another album her two from her before then if we're lucky. Will they do an Elton-style Diamonds or Fleetwood Mac style Don't Stop release with her 50 best songs as they are to be remembered by future generations. Something like this would be fairly comprehensive for the general public, but for fans would still be a bloodbath.

Alternatively they could do it in parts and release decades of hits under the banner Queen of Pop: 83-89, 90-99, 00-the end with each decade being a double disc collection (12-13 tracks per disc). This would allow most of the singles to have a home, but would mean that certain decades get less attention than others when it comes to GP purchases.

I've mocked up many track lists with various versions of all of these over the lockdown years, but I will spare you a load of lists...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

It'll be interesting to see how they manage her next and likely ultimate Greatest Hits package which I wouldn't expect until she is close to calling it a day. We might get another album her two from her before then if we're lucky. Will they do an Elton-style Diamonds or Fleetwood Mac style Don't Stop release with her 50 best songs as they are to be remembered by future generations. Something like this would be fairly comprehensive for the general public, but for fans would still be a bloodbath.

Alternatively they could do it in parts and release decades of hits under the banner Queen of Pop: 83-89, 90-99, 00-the end with each decade being a double disc collection (12-13 tracks per disc). This would allow most of the singles to have a home, but would mean that certain decades get less attention than others when it comes to GP purchases.

I've mocked up many track lists with various versions of all of these over the lockdown years, but I will spare you a load of lists...

My guess it won't be a traditional Greatest Hits like we've seen from artists in the past.  It's too easy for people to compile their own playlist.  Therefore, I see her doing things like she did with Finally Enough Love.  My guess Warner was interested in her doing another greatest hits when she sign the new Warner deal in 2021.  I think her compromise was Finally Enough Love that celebrated her 50 dance hits.  So rather just plop the original dance tracks, she went in and chose more rare mixes if not edited them to offer something new.  Something thematic and offering something new (even new songs) could be the best bet of getting something comparable to a Greatest Hits. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 7:18 AM, Donna said:

My guess it won't be a traditional Greatest Hits like we've seen from artists in the past.  It's too easy for people to compile their own playlist.  Therefore, I see her doing things like she did with Finally Enough Love.  My guess Warner was interested in her doing another greatest hits when she sign the new Warner deal in 2021.  I think her compromise was Finally Enough Love that celebrated her 50 dance hits.  So rather just plop the original dance tracks, she went in and chose more rare mixes if not edited them to offer something new.  Something thematic and offering something new (even new songs) could be the best bet of getting something comparable to a Greatest Hits. 

You make a good point. I think Finally Enough Love was great for that reason.

I would only want a comprehensive singles collection with all the correct single/radio versions remastered meticulously.