Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

Just now, McDonna said:

I think your missing the point or putting to much emphasis on the why.  It's obviously a great way to showcase this particular tour, while giving people free access to it (which she's never done before).  Remember, just because you've seen it whether live yourself or seen the countless youtube clips, doesn't mean this has been seen by the majority of the public.  It's great promotion for her and her career.  There are so many aspect to this that makes this a great moment.  It doesn't matter if she's had broadcasts before. This may be her biggest one yet, that is focusing on a tour that is defining 40 years of her music.

I guess i am missing the point haha just a bigger crowd on the beach.

20 hours ago, androiduser said:

I just don't understand this part:

No tickets are required for the event, entrance will be applied on a first come first serve basis the day of the event at Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel.

Will the guests of the hotel have priority, or something? They can't expect 1 million people to go through the hotel? Or will the entrance to the beach be the hotel's beach bar or something? Can't figure out what the hotel's role will be?

Even if they don't have tickets they might have measures to allocate a certain number of people? For security and control. So you might need a bracelet or something, or just use the hotel entrance as security gates.

I'm nervous for her doing something of this magnitude as a live broadcast to be honest, especially when it will be the first outdoor event of the tour. The vultures will be circling overhead. Let's pray her vocals are in-sync with the backing tracks and that she doesn't party too much in Mexico and end up with deep-croak. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I guess i am missing the point haha just a bigger crowd on the beach.

Yes dude and Madonna is just a singer and the World Cup is just a soccer match and the Olympic Games is just a tournament and the United Nations is just a bureaucrats reunion and the Vatican is just a church and the Meca is just a location in the Saudi Arabia and I guess the Gaza Strip is just a strip, and @RUADJAIugly eyebrows are just ugly eyebrows… 

so either you get the point or 

Go Red Card GIF by ElevenSportsBE

1 minute ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Yes dude and Madonna is just a singer and the World Cup is just a soccer match and the Olympic Games is just a tournament and the United Nations is just a bureaucrats reunion and the Vatican is just a church and the Meca is just a location in the Saudi Arabia and I guess the Gaza Strip is just a strip, and @RUADJAIugly eyebrows are just ugly eyebrows… 

so either you get the point or 

Go Red Card GIF by ElevenSportsBE

I dont watch sports sorry

4 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Even if they don't have tickets they might have measures to allocate a certain number of people? For security and control. So you might need a bracelet or something, or just use the hotel entrance as security gates.

I don’t think you’ll go trough the hotel, hotels in Brazil are not on the beach, as I remember there’s a big gap with a wide two way four lanes road between the hotel and the beach 

I too hope there will be some slight changes. Selfishly, I've already seen this show live 4 times and seeing something new would excite me, if done well.

Moreover, I think the show is very intimate, and some small changes would be needed to adapt it to an outdoor event with a huge audience. I loved the concert but I can imagine it with some modifications for such an event.

Only time will tell.

And anyway, I hope she performs Faz Gostoso with Anitta, maybe after Hung Up.

I too also hope she pays a bit of attention to her vocals. It's okay if you say that Brazilians care less about singing, but everyone with a decent musical ear somewhat notices if the artist is off-key. I hope she sings like in the shows where she puts in more effort, that's all.

But I'm sure it will be the case, she cares a lot, it's the concert with the largest audience of her entire music career.

It is possible that transmission will be slightly delayed, maybe to put subtitles to what she will say

And I'm so excited! ♥️

Just now, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t think you’ll go trough the hotel, hotels in Brazil are not on the beach, as I remember there’s a big gap with a wide two way four lanes road between the hotel and the beach 

Right, maybe the 'hotel' means an station or gate that advertises the hotel , maybe they divert traffic? what did they do in past concerts?

8 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Right, maybe the 'hotel' means an station or gate that advertises the hotel , maybe they divert traffic? what did they do in past concerts?

The only thing I remember is that they built a temporary bridge connecting the hotel and the stage on the beach, for Rolling Stones to go to the stage safely.

I think the same will happen for Madonna. No way she and her crew will cross the crowd on the street to get to the stage, it'll be very risk for her.

For the attendants, it doesn't seem feasible to me to give bracelets for each one of the millions of people that will surely be there. I'm curious about how they control the access too.

I haven't been to New Year at Copacabana before, but I presume the security now will follow the same protocols.

1 minute ago, EgoRod said:

Right, maybe the 'hotel' means a station or gate that advertises the hotel , maybe they divert traffic? what did they do in past concerts?

I don’t fully grasp the extension the hotel is having beyond hosting Madonna and her team, and providing security and facilities. I don’t think they organized anything concert wise, meaning logistics or structure. Not even sure if other concerts of this caliber have used the beachfront of the hotel in the past. 

6 minutes ago, FraP said:

I too hope there will be some slight changes. Selfishly, I've already seen this show live 4 times and seeing something new would excite me, if done well.

Moreover, I think the show is very intimate, and some small changes would be needed to adapt it to an outdoor event with a huge audience. I loved the concert but I can imagine it with some modifications for such an event.

Only time will tell.

And anyway, I hope she performs Faz Gostoso with Anitta, maybe after Hung Up.

I too also hope she pays a bit of attention to her vocals. It's okay if you say that Brazilians care less about singing, but everyone with a decent musical ear somewhat notices if the artist is off-key. I hope she sings like in the shows where she puts in more effort, that's all.

But I'm sure it will be the case, she cares a lot, it's the concert with the largest audience of her entire music career.

It is possible that transmission will be slightly delayed, maybe to put subtitles to what she will say

And I'm so excited! ♥️

I wouldn't set yourself up to think this is going to be significantly different.  Besides, I think with this being broadcasted, it deserves to focus on the show she's been touring all along.  Just remember, just because you've seen it four times and nearly every show has portions or all of the show uploaded, doesn't mean it's been seen beyond her fanbase.  Yes, at most, I would think a few slight changes like she's been doing throughout the tour when switching out songs like "Rain" and "I'll Survive".   Also, I can very much see her using this opportunity to bring Anita on stage to perform Faz Gostoso like she did with Kylie after performing "I'll Survive". 

Anyway, as you said.  It is exciting whatever comes of it. :party:

1 minute ago, karlafalves said:

I haven't been to New Year at Copacabana before, maybe the security now will follow the same protocols.

I’ve been several times, once when the black eyed peas had a show, but everything was so massive (not at this scale) that I walked and walked and walked to leave the beach and couldn’t get near the stage nor the streets. The crowd was massive 

I'm thinking of going to Brazil. I'll decide within this week.

Pros:

- I want to see it just because it's a big event that might make history and I'd like to be there

- I think there will be surprises, there will be shouting and crying

- She will give her all

- I'd visit Brazil for the first time in my life

- It's free, it's like paying a VIP ticket and travel to Brazil for free 

Cons:

- I know I would end up very far from the stage, I would see everything from the screens

- I've already seen this show four times and I don't want to see it again, that's enough for me

- I have to spend 500€ for flights plus accommodation

- I don't know if I can take more days off and work remotely

3 minutes ago, FraP said:

I'm thinking of going to Brazil. I'll decide within this week.

Pros:

- I want to see it just because it's a big event that might make history and I'd like to be there

- I think there will be surprises, there will be shouting and crying

- She will give her all

- I'd visit Brazil for the first time in my life

- It's free, it's like paying a VIP ticket and travel to Brazil for free 

Cons:

- I know I would end up very far from the stage, I would see everything from the screens

- I've already seen this show four times and I don't want to see it again, that's enough for me

- I have to spend 500€ for flights plus accommodation

- I don't know if I can take more days off and work remotely

You haven't been to Brazil yet. Come here and see by yourself why every single artist in the world gets completely crazy with us and usually says that the concerts here are the best ones in their career.

Where's the party? In Brazil.