Just realized something very interesting about the future Celebration Tour official release....

DWT was the last genuine live broadcast we got. After that things were either never released, horribly edited, re-recorded, or there were mastering errors … you name it. 
I am cautiously optimistic that the Rio broadcast will not be such an edit of hell like most of her post 2001 home releases. 

2 hours ago, PlayPause said:

That's very unlikely, unless they edit inside and outside shots in a way that makes it whole, like the same show. Guess why it never happened before.

The Rio show is going to look very different from the regular shows anyway. And it would be a great pity not to have a full arena-shot movie as it was conceived.

They're really not the same event and can't be shown as the same tour performance besides the obvious behind-the-scenes tour doc. I really hope we'll have a Truth or Dare/IMGTTYAS movie too since the story is already there and strong with the coma/health issue and delay and so on up until her biggest concert ever celebrating her celebration.

I think Jonas Akurland has been shooting shows for another sort of IGTTYAS concert doc. It would make sense since Rio was already happening, just not announced, when he filmed the LA shows in March. He’s done both a straight up concert film for her (Confessions) as well as IGTTYAS. Id be genuinely surprised if Madonna missed the opportunity to document prepping for greatest hits tour, especially with a built in story of her illness derailing her then ultimately overcoming it. My guess is that like IGTTYAS, the concert won’t be shown in its entirety in his version. Luckily we’ll  have Rio. 

I don’t think it means anything. The stuff he posted before was for either his own showreel or it was used in montages to promote the tour.

We might get 2 completely different versions but I’m not sure what would be the point? Unless the Brazil network has exclusive rights like what happened in the early 90’s. But to me it seems more likely they’ll tweak the Rio show for release. It’s going to a huge event with press worldwide so it makes sense to be the official release.

7 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

I think Jonas Akurland has been shooting shows for another sort of IGTTYAS concert doc. It would make sense since Rio was already happening, just not announced, when he filmed the LA shows in March. He’s done both a straight up concert film for her (Confessions) as well as IGTTYAS. Id be genuinely surprised if Madonna missed the opportunity to document prepping for greatest hits tour, especially with a built in story of her illness derailing her then ultimately overcoming it. My guess is that like IGTTYAS, the concert won’t be shown in its entirety in his version. Luckily we’ll  have Rio. 

I really hope so except hope Jonas films the entire show and we get that in full too - he did such an amazing job filming Confesssions and RIT for the parts they used in the doc

i would like to think one version would be a full show from a single date and another version will be a mix of performances from various dates seamlessly edited into one video

like how Marilyn Manson did for the Guns God and Government tour video in 2001 and the separate Live in LA performance

I personally wouldn’t be excited for a second version, especially if it’s just over-edited like the recent concerts have been. I’d be quite happy if they smoothed out the live broadcast only, maybe made some changes here and there. The thought of her spending 6 months working on a “film” version of the concert seems like a waste of time because her fans never like the end result anyway.

A documentary I think would be more interesting. 

But even then I’d be more excited for her to just move on do new music instead. It’s been so long now since we had a new album.

On 4/10/2024 at 9:48 PM, Alpha said:

No...confessions was filmed in august, one show being her birthday (but they didn't use birthday footage, minus one birthday sign a fan had) and aired first for Thanksgiving in America. S&S they didn't air it until the UK shows for round 2. In the US we didnt get it until VH1 aired a 30 min version I think late 09 or early 10 pretty much right before the bluray.

thanks. my memory loves to play tricks on me

On 4/11/2024 at 3:17 PM, PlayPause said:

That's very unlikely, unless they edit inside and outside shots in a way that makes it whole, like the same show. Guess why it never happened before.

The Rio show is going to look very different from the regular shows anyway. 

They're really not the same event and can't be shown as the same tour performance

Well, this is the woman that made the MDNA Tour using footage from the Olympia teather with shots from Stadiums and Arenas. I Don't think the Rio concert will be THAT different from the actual Arena shows, so...

49 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

Well, this is the woman that made the MDNA Tour using footage from the Olympia teather with shots from Stadiums and Arenas. I Don't think the Rio concert will be THAT different from the actual Arena shows, so...

I actually think this tour will be different when it comes to an official release. I won't say there will be a physical release, but I'm betting they are counting on the RIO show to be THE SHOW that will be released officially. She most definitely will be on her game with RIO.  We know she can pull this off because when it comes down to her knowing "this is it", she will do her damnedest in making it the best show ever.  I have no doubt she will do a superb job!

On 4/12/2024 at 7:48 PM, DiegoLCL said:

Maybe she will use footage from previous tours when editing the concert for the dvd 

On 4/11/2024 at 2:48 AM, Alpha said:

No...confessions was filmed in august, one show being her birthday (but they didn't use birthday footage, minus one birthday sign a fan had) and aired first for Thanksgiving in America. S&S they didn't air it until the UK shows for round 2. In the US we didnt get it until VH1 aired a 30 min version I think late 09 or early 10 pretty much right before the bluray.

I thought for Confessions the used a mix of footage from the main 2 nights they filmed Tuesday and Wednesday but mainly the audio from the first night which wasn't her birthday. Also think some footage for some songs were recorded on the Sunday plus a rehearsal is rumoured to have been filmed for some of the close ups. It was so well edited you don't notice too much that it is from different shows unless your really looking for the differences 

13 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I thought for Confessions the used a mix of footage from the main 2 nights they filmed Tuesday and Wednesday but mainly the audio from the first night which wasn't her birthday. Also think some footage for some songs were recorded on the Sunday plus a rehearsal is rumoured to have been filmed for some of the close ups. It was so well edited you don't notice too much that it is from different shows unless your really looking for the differences 

Sorry, yes it was two shows with one of them being her bday. And yes, rehearsals too...a friend kept telling me LOOK AT HER HAIR! Lol

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Sorry, yes it was two shows with one of them being her bday. And yes, rehearsals too...a friend kept telling me LOOK AT HER HAIR! Lol

Yeah lol it is the slight differences with he hair that give some shots away from being from two different nights but is so much better than the continuity fails on MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X and think so well shot and edited overall and her performance was on fire when they filmed it

On 4/17/2024 at 5:05 PM, MDNA22 said:

Yeah lol it is the slight differences with he hair that give some shots away from being from two different nights but is so much better than the continuity fails on MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X and think so well shot and edited overall and her performance was on fire when they filmed it

The thing is those were intentional so i never understood those complaints lol i actually found it interesting showing different outfits and cuts for those releases. The one thing i DIDNT like were the clear differences between SD footage and HD footage.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

The thing is those were intentional so i never understood those complaints lol i actually found it interesting showing different outfits and cuts for those releases. The one thing i DIDNT like were the clear differences between SD footage and HD footage.

Exactly, the last several tours on their live concert releases, don't pretend it's just from one show.  And let's not forget, nearly all of her tours released have been from more than one show.  But the last several were intentional being some of the performances showed more than one guest showing up in certain songs.