Courtney Love shades Madonna and more

45 minutes ago, cake said:

i'm surprised Courtney Love is still alive. I've always found her weirdly entertaining batshit crazy. Her 30-year one-sided feud with Madonna😁the vma 95 mess.. etc

I can't begrudge or hate on her really.  She's lead a totally different lifestyle as Madonna and maybe many of us.  I do agree;  I am surprised she's still alive because it appeared to me she had lived a very destructive lifestyle at times.  If anything, I have to give her props for surviving. Obviously, there is a very interesting story to tell of her life. I would love to hear her version of it someday.  At the same time, I try not to buy into all of what was fed to us by the media through the years.  I do think the wild things she's said throughout her life, probably were bullshit as well and probably under the influence of drugs and alcohol.  She's most definitely lived a very interesting and probably very scary life at times.

8 hours ago, androiduser said:

I think her media presence is comparable to Madonna's... not for the same reasons and with the same narrative, but you literally can't escape her, there are reports about her every move... Just think of the whole story about her flight from Japan to the US for the Superbowl, even the Japanese embassy made a statement about it :laughing:

Exactly. Even though I can't stand her her level of fame has reached Madonna's at her peak. The only female singer comparable to Madonna's fame would be Britney.

9 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

“Live Through This” and “Celebrity Skin” are two of my favorite albums from the 90s- the kind of albums you could listen to in their entirety…Though both allegedly had Kurt Cobain then Billy’s  fingerprints all over them. Courtney is smart but she’s made a lot of mistakes mainly due to her drug addiction; most of her recent  comments about other female musicians reeks of regret from her own lost opportunities.

I think she also hates mainstream pop music.

3 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

"Malibu" is one of my fav track. 

I really liked Celebrity Skin back in the day.

People can trash Courtney as a nobody but Hole were actually one of the most successful female fronted rock bands and she’s an icon of the grunge era. She was also an important feminist role model in the 90’s. The fact she was included with Tina and Madonna on the Rolling Stone women in rock issues says it all.

I don’t particularly like her as a person but give me her authenticity over Taylor Swift any day.

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

He does not. He only likes younger trophy women that he can dominate/control.

To an extent. But I also think he likes stronger women in a way. I always thought he had a crush  Merkel the most recent German dictator or waste er she was. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I really liked Celebrity Skin back in the day.

People can trash Courtney as a nobody but Hole were actually one of the most successful female fronted rock bands and she’s an icon of the grunge era. She was also an important feminist role model in the 90’s. The fact she was included with Tina and Madonna on the Rolling Stone women in rock issues says it all.

I don’t particularly like her as a person but give me her authenticity over Taylor Swift any day.

Yeah i totally agree. 

I’m happy for her but Swift is about as exciting as millennial grey. She’s not offensive and her team played it smart by being as boring and milquetoast as possible. I don’t wish for her downfall but I am baffled by how anyone could be excited for someone that gives absolutely nothing when she’s onstage.