Auckland, New Zealand [Sat Mar 5th / Sun Mar 6th 2016]

groovyguy

The advertising in Auckland for the RH tour is shit. I've only found one (1!!) poster - unbelievable. They usually have no idea on how promote artists properly in this country, sadly :( Although, when Robbie Williams came to NZ (ugh) there were quite a bit of promotion. Here comes our Queen and she hardly gets anything. :( But what do I care.... lol I'm just happy to see her!!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna concert: 'Auckland, New Zealand, are you ready?'

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11600694

Auckland, are you ready for Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour? That's the question theMaterial Girl's DJ has asked as she shared a clip of her sound check for the opening show at the Vector Arena tonight.

In a post that's bound to get fans excited, DJ Mary Mac shared a short video clip of behind the scenes at the arena ahead of the Queen of Pop's debut New Zealand show, which will kick off the New Zealand and Australia leg of her Rebel Heart world tour.

Shot from her DJ box at the back of the venue, DJ Mary Mac shows the empty arena with the stage and seats all laid out, and video screens and music playing in the background.

"Auckland, New Zealand, are you ready?" she says.

She added: "Let's go," before the beat kicks in and she starts bopping her head along.

Sandra Olivier replied to the post, saying: "Ahhhh! Just across the road getting ready. Freaking out!"

Costume designer Tony Villanueva posted photographs of large crates of costumes being wheeled into the Vector Arena ahead of the show.

"In #Auckland- Oh Yes. It's happening 100% . Wardrobe loads in."

Hairstylist Andy Lecompte has told Kiwis to "get ready ... we gonna sex you up!!"

Madonna's make-up artist Aaron Smith Henrikson is also gearing up for the show, posting another photograph of the Lord of the Rings inspired costume he wore to Hobbiton earlier this week, along with the caption: "Time to come out of my Hobbit hole and go to do another show! Are you ready Auckland?"

The Vector Arena says there's a "real buzz" about the venue as the minutes tick down to the start of the show - and it's promised to be a late one.

"The Madonna ?#?RebelHeartTour has now rolled into town and there's a real buzz around the building as the set has been built over the past few days!," it said in a post on its Facebook page.

"We can now confirm that it is expected to be a late finish, highly likely after midnight. Please plan with this in mind; transport, babysitters etc."

Parking restrictions in the area will be in place from 5pm, the Vector Arena said, warning "the tow truck guys can be very enthusiastic, so please check the signage very carefully to avoid getting your night spoiled".

Madonna isn't the only one getting glammed up for the big show tonight - with her chef and interior designer Jaime Laurita also getting spruced up ahead of the gig.

He's had a beard trim at the Cutting Crew barbers on Shortland St, and seemed pleased with the results.

"I can't believe what @barberpfaff Josh at the Cutting Crew in #auckland can do with his craft. I vote him #bestbarber in town. I look alive again!," he said, posting a photograph of his haircut on Instagram.

Dancer Aishi Matsu has enjoyed her commute into work today, posting a photograph to her Instagram account this afternoon showing her lounging on a boat in the Hauraki Gulf.

"On my way to work.. #newzealand #waiheke to #auckland #rebelhearttour" she posted.

NZ Herald