Would someone explain GOODBYE TO INNOCENCE......please......

58 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Number 4 I guess. Chances are:

- Maybe they used this instrumental or a very similar one to record the demo of Fever

- Or maybe GTI evolved to a more polished form (closer to the instrumental of Fever) and then they switched the lyrics to Fever. I’m sure this is what happened, the demo 4 for me sounds more like a concept demo than an actual demo itself.

Although I love the GTI lyrics, I think the ‘93 version is the right one, they finally got it sound right

Goodbye To Innocence morphed into Fever, true. However, they were both on the album at some point, so Goodbye To Innocence must have been the Just Say Roe version because it‘s the version that was developed after Fever was recorded. Madonna hated pretty much every earlier incarnation of Goodbye To Innocence. So, the released version (along with its dubs) must have been the one she actually liked.

erotica_01_500.jpg

They changed the entire song, so that it wouldn’t sound identical to Fever. In the end it was replaced with Did You Do It at the very last minute.

On 5/31/2024 at 8:09 PM, Jackie said:

Yes, it's certainly a Pandora's box with so many versions - probably the one with the most versions!

One of the absolute coolest things about Erotica and it's singles --and, as far as I know, this was only done around this time--was how she used vocals from "Goodbye to Innocence" in the Back to the Dub 1 version of "Fever".  (She also used vocals from "You Thrill Me" in a couple of the "Erotica" remixes too.  And then to get "Up Down Suite" BEFORE we got the original version was amazing too, because a lot of us had no idea that UDS was a remix of GTI.  What a cool and exciting time it was to be a fan!!

15 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:
On 5/31/2024 at 7:09 PM, Jackie said:

Yes, it's certainly a Pandora's box with so many versions - probably the one with the most versions!

One of the absolute coolest things about Erotica and it's singles --and, as far as I know, this was only done around this time--was how she used vocals from "Goodbye to Innocence" in the Back to the Dub 1 version of "Fever".  (She also used vocals from "You Thrill Me" in a couple of the "Erotica" remixes too.  And then to get "Up Down Suite" BEFORE we got the original version was amazing too, because a lot of us had no idea that UDS was a remix of GTI.  What a cool and exciting time it was to be a fan!!

I just wanna know why Fever wasnt released in the US despite us getting the video first!?

6 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Madonna hated pretty much every earlier incarnation of Goodbye To Innocence. So, the released version (along with its dubs) must have been the one she actually liked.

Too bad, cause Just Say Roe version lost its dark vibe the demos had. 

6 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Goodbye To Innocence morphed into Fever, true. However, they were both on the album at some point, so Goodbye To Innocence must have been the Just Say Roe version because it‘s the version that was developed after Fever was recorded. Madonna hated pretty much every earlier incarnation of Goodbye To Innocence. So, the released version (along with its dubs) must have been the one she actually liked.

erotica_01_500.jpg

They changed the entire song, so that it wouldn’t sound identical to Fever. In the end it was replaced with Did You Do It at the very last minute.

It's quite possible the final Erotica version of GTI was slightly different than the Just Say Roe version.

Only because Donna & Niki's vocals weren't added to Fever (and GTI) till after the albums release.

13 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

erotica_01_500.jpg

Thanks for this info!!!! I’m sure there’s at least another demo of GTI then, closer to the released one but without Nikki’s vocals

11 hours ago, momosfantasy said:
On 5/31/2024 at 9:09 PM, Jackie said:

And momos fantasy was an amazing remix of deeper and deeper.

1 hour ago, Cyberraga said:

It's a demo that @club78boy extracted from demo assembly recently. I really like it. 

And the reason why I stopped caring about Goodbye to Innocence finally seeing the daylight while me and/or M are alive.

If this was the way Warner made her to release this song, no thanks, I even prefer the Just Say Roe version as it is brutally, honestly tamed and insipid.

Or even Up Down Suite which I can consider Madonna's last revenge on it.

47 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I love this raw take! Thank you! I am laughing out loud at the endless versions and demos of this song!🎧 

And I hope tis the last one for the sake of my sanity.

Well, pibecitx, I really had sumthin to say bout this.

7 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

And the reason why I stopped caring about Goodbye to Innocence finally seeing the daylight while me and/or M are alive.

If this was the way Warner made her to release this song, no thanks, I even prefer the Just Say Roe version as it is brutally, honestly tamed and insipid.

Or even Up Down Suite which I can consider Madonna's last revenge on it.

And I hope tis the last one for the sake of my sanity.

Well, pibecitx, I really had sumthin to say bout this.

Up Down Suite “Madonna’s last revenge”

-Anapausis

18 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Madonna hated pretty much every earlier incarnation of Goodbye To Innocence.

Even the Rain Tapes versions full of sass and asskicking? ***Entschuldigung*** schöner (I was so pissed off about what you just wrote I even forgot my German), I don't buy this theory. Unless you have direct proof from her.

To my pov she wanted to release exactly the earlier version of GTI but, with so raw lyrics and instrumentation, someone at Warner said NO, NO, NO (for obvious reasons). So she had to tame both to their order - which must've infuriated her to her Leo's core.

@club78boy would you have a word to say about it? And would you mind to share it to us?

18 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Even the Rain Tapes versions full of sass and asskicking? ***Entschuldigung*** schöner (I was so pissed off about what you just wrote I even forgot my German), I don't buy this theory. Unless you have direct proof from her.

To my pov she wanted to release exactly the earlier version of GTI but, with so raw lyrics and instrumentation, someone at Warner said NO, NO, NO (for obvious reasons). So she had to tame both to their order - which must've infuriated her to her Leo's core.

@club78boy would you have a word to say about it? And would you mind to share it to us?

I agree with you. And Up Down Suite was like a full revenge move. The song is absolutely brilliant, high-energy and audacious to the core. Like an insane instrumental of the spirit of the earlier Goodbye to Innocence versions that we like so much.

1 minute ago, Honey Little said:

I agree with you. And Up Down Suite was like a full revenge move. The song is absolutely brilliant, high-energy and audacious to the core. Like an insane instrumental of the spirit of the earlier Goodbye to Innocence versions that we like so much.

Pibecitx, don't you realize I have just edited my post to correct my German? I only hope @MaDöner Kebab doesn't get sad at me...

@Honey Little I have corrected also my last post. I gladly ask you to, if you do quote it, please use the final redaction... I was so embarassed by doing a poor German that I cannot survive to doing a poor English as well...

Eggs and ham to me too!!!

EDIT: and even to this post I had to reredact it! It's a shame, the way you live your life is a shame, and you get no one to blame...

7 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@Honey Little I have corrected also my last post. I gladly ask you to, if you do quote it, please use the final redaction... I was so embarassed by doing a poor German that I cannot survive to doing a poor English as well...

Eggs and ham to me too!!!

EDIT: and even to this post I had to reredact it! It's a shame, the way you live your life is a shame, and you get no one to blame...

Done ☑️ 

18 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

“About my grilz, only my fans will have a complaint. I withdrew the reissues and new album from there. They are to blame.”

Well, imho GRILLZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> REISSUES AND ANY NEW MUSIC FROM M. #sorrynotsorry

Now if @Donna could read me and my ASSUMPTION GALORE... (As if he doesn't do it at all)