Katy Perry Woman’s World Feat. Madonna?

Ayham

4 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I think this but with color variants only and separate bonus tracks editions (another scammy af trend rn 💀), I love when albums have multiple covers, at the end there's still only one artwork that gets to fully represent the body of work, i like it.

If she finally decides to fully commit to the visuals im all here for it. If she keeps on putting her face in different filters as album covers with basic pictures as promo pics she can stick to color variants only imo 

Seems like we are on opposite ends of the spectrum, my friend. I am a sucker for a coloured vinyl variant, but if the coloured vinyl comes in a sleeve with different artwork I’ll always buy the original artwork with the traditional black vinyl instead. 

14 minutes ago, Veronica-Electronica said:

Seems like we are on opposite ends of the spectrum, my friend. I am a sucker for a coloured vinyl variant, but if the coloured vinyl comes in a sleeve with different artwork I’ll always buy the original artwork with the traditional black vinyl instead. 

Lol true. I actually understand the feeling of confusion and losing the concept of albums with multiple covers but i cant lie im a sucker for good covers and visuals so if they're good, the more the better. Color variants dont intrigue me tbh

45 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but... 

Since this is absolutely not Madonna related, don't you want to continue this discussion in Kate Perry thread in Music section? I don't think this is a place where to discuss her new song/album. 

But maybe M will be part of a remix #soon? 👽

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

"Pop-popular, born to be popular
She in debt, twenty mill', but she run it up
She can never be broke 'cause she popular
Turn the webcam on for the followers ..."

I'm sooo fine with that, I'm happily staying with that. Better waiting than getting ANYTHING less than that, thanks  :smokey:

4 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but... 

Since this is absolutely not Madonna related, don't you want to continue this discussion in Kate Perry thread in Music section? I don't think this is a place where to discuss her new song/album. 

No you're right tbh. Makes no sense to create a topic on an artist only to split it into different mini topics. They should close this so the og thread can be used.

20 minutes ago, Andreo said:

No you're right tbh. Makes no sense to create a topic on an artist only to split it into different mini topics. They should close this so the og thread can be used.

I agree, but to be fair this thread did begin with people believing Madonna was involved. I resurrected it yesterday when the video was released, simply to share the video and share Madonna wasn't involved. But as you know, threads like this tend to take a life of their own, especially when there are mixed opinions.

Anyway, I agree this thread probably could be closed/merged. :)

31 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I agree, but to be fair this thread did begin with people believing Madonna was involved. I resurrected it yesterday when the video was released, simply to share the video and share Madonna wasn't involved. But as you know, threads like this tend to take a life of their own, especially when there are mixed opinions.

Anyway, I agree this thread probably could be closed/merged. :)

Absolutely nothing bad in you and others who brought it up (i commented several times as well), it's just handy to have a specific topic in one single thread so it makes sense if they close this for lack of M news. Eventually deleting this thread would also mean getting rid of some of the chronic weirdos who commented here... Unsufferable tbh 

200.gif

4 hours ago, Askeroff said:

‘Woman’s World’ by Katy Perry debuts at #58 on Global Spotify with 2.25 million streams.
It also debuts at #110 on US Spotify with 500k streams.

BOMB

The way i got it right omg a fortune teller??? Without Todays Top Hits and New Music Friday tho... Why. Like why didnt they send that check for the playlists omg @Katy contact me if you need money or sum

15 minutes ago, Andreo said:

The way i got it right omg a fortune teller??? Without Todays Top Hits and New Music Friday tho... Why. Like why didnt they send that check for the playlists omg @Katy contact me if you need money or sum

And maybe the song will "bomb" in the sense of how people consider what is a "hit", but it won't change how many actually still enjoy it.  Besides, like you pointed out, it wasn't added to the usual "Top lists" to help boost it.  Also, making a determination how a song is received after one day's release is a bit unfair.  There are plenty of songs which have started off poorly charting whether it's digital, streaming or Billboards and yet still manage to climb.  Besides, that's how it used to be in past decades. Songs would debut low on Billboard charts and then sky rocket in the next few weeks. Not saying that will happen here, but I'm not determining if this song is a "hit" or a "bomb"  after one day's release. This idea that a song needs to debut strong the very first day, is just a recipe for the song to quickly disappear.  I prefer a song to saunter and stick around for awhile.

15 minutes ago, Adonna said:

And maybe the song will "bomb" in the sense of how people consider what is a "hit", but it won't change how many actually still enjoy it.  Besides, like you pointed out, it wasn't added to the usual "Top lists" to help boost it.  Also, making a determination how a song is received after one day's release is a bit unfair.  There are plenty of songs which have started off poorly charting whether it's digital, streaming or Billboards and yet still manage to climb.  Besides, that's how it used to be in past decades. Songs would debut low on Billboard charts and then sky rocket in the next few weeks. Not saying that will happen here, but I'm not determining if this song is a "hit" or a "bomb"  after one day's release. This idea that a song needs to debut strong the very first day, is just a recipe for the song to quickly disappear.  I prefer a song to saunter and stick around for awhile.

I agree omg! Personally as a fan of many artists i lowered my expectations for anytime they drop something and expect the debut to be the best they can get lol but i agree, the idea of expecting the debut numbers to be huge and not constant or growing with time is so current and idiotic... But it's surreal because Katy's team literally didnt secure her ANY playlist... Like TTH Is a MUST for new releases and even older singles with no budget or album to promote got It, It would have scored 4M easy streams with that. it's not a normal thing especially if her team is pushing her to do better, It makes 0 sense. Either they're waiting (?) or reserving huge budget for the next single :confused: im perplexed lol

59 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I agree omg! Personally as a fan of many artists i lowered my expectations for anytime they drop something and expect the debut to be the best they can get lol but i agree, the idea of expecting the debut numbers to be huge and not constant or growing with time is so current and idiotic... But it's surreal because Katy's team literally didnt secure her ANY playlist... Like TTH Is a MUST for new releases and even older singles with no budget or album to promote got It, It would have scored 4M easy streams with that. it's not a normal thing especially if her team is pushing her to do better, It makes 0 sense. Either they're waiting (?) or reserving huge budget for the next single :confused: im perplexed lol

Or they could be waiting for a genuine public reception. If they have an idea the public isn't going to latch on to it, it's possible they won't want to spend anymore time and money in promoting it.  Therefore they will move on to another song. It's possible they anticipated this. After all, she's released numerous one off singles in the past and they haven't taken off for her.  And I will admit, Katy doesn't have the same public interest as she used to have.  If radio doesn't get on board in playing her new song, then there is really no hope.  This is just the way the music world works.  Also, I see many here raving about Kesha's new track, but it's not doing any better and it's been out for several weeks now.  So again, you can't go by reviews and streaming charts, but even so, fans will enjoy it no matter what. 

Is this video supposed to be against misogyny? I rather see the typical video where women continue to pander to the sexist vision that men have of them by presenting semi-naked women showing their breasts and butts in close-up. Where are the ordinary women that we usually see around the corner, on the subway or in the supermarket? Flabby women, women with bellies, women who don't shave their armpits, ugly women, old women, women who burp or fart without caring about the delicacy and femininity that men so admire and demand of them? I'm glad Madonna wasn't part of this absurd project.

Once again the inconsistency of these artists who claim to fight for minorities but at the same time are great friends of famous homophobic or misogynistic people whom they choose as producers of their albums. Fortunately, Madonna is not on that path of falsehood and hypocrisy. She is the only artist who can boast of being consistent with her convictions and does not sell her soul to anyone in order not to lose success and fortune and that's what I admire most about her.