Did Madonna ever do the Easter egg thing like TS in her videos?

Tudors

1 hour ago, BoyToyMark said:

Bit of a stretch, not so much of an Easter egg but the new songs on her compilations give you an insight on what the next album sound would be.

Justify My Love - Erotica

I Want You - Ray Of Light

Revolver - MDNA

I feel its more just natural progression as an artist though. 

Exactly.  Simply put, what she's done is homages to her career.  Easter Eggs aren't supposed to be so blatantly obvious either. The songs including homage to her older songs, were simply celebrating her career. 

13 minutes ago, Tudors said:

Not a swiftie and this thread is about Madonna Louise Ciccone

To be fair, you brought her up and posted videos of her songs in this thread.  So of course, people are going to react to how you set up this discussion.  At the end of the day, Madonna hasn't included "easter eggs" in her work, and if she did, it wouldn't be a bad thing.  Either way, I'm not bothered by it, because I know a lot of people who enjoy "Easter Eggs" in their favorite games, films, etc.

6 minutes ago, Adonna said:

To be fair, you brought her up and posted videos of her songs in this thread.  So of course, people are going to react to how you set up this discussion.  At the end of the day, Madonna hasn't included "easter eggs" in her work, and if she did, it wouldn't be a bad thing.  Either way, I'm not bothered by it, because I know a lot of people who enjoy "Easter Eggs" in their favorite games, films, etc.

Let's not say her name. It's a word of curse.

36 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Not to me.  I actually enjoy a lot of Taylor's work.  But that's besides the point.  And we really don't need another thread devoted to bashing her... especially in the Madonna main forum.

This thread is about Madonna and Madonnas work. That was very obviously just an example of someone famous for using Easter eggs. It's not about her.no one made a thread to bash that lady unless you read it wrong? It's asking does Madonna have Easter eggs in her videos and you already answered so.. Have a nice day  👋

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

For those who are interested, there was an interesting thread already on this topic regarding the Celebration Tour not too long ago here which generated some interesting discussion:

That's limited to just the celebration Tour. So it's not the same. Please stop trying to add drama to a thread about Madonna Easter eggs. It's unnecessary. Also before you said she didn't use them and now your saying there was a bunch in celebration. 😳

8 minutes ago, Tudors said:

That's limited to just the celebration Tour. So it's not the same. Please stop trying to add drama to a thread about Madonna Easter eggs. It's unnecessary. Also before you said she didn't use them and now your saying there was a bunch in celebration. 😳

Calm down. I just saw this thread and thought it would be an interesting addition to this topic being most are confusing homage to her career vs. "Easter Eggs".  I never once said she has a bunch of "Easter Eggs" in Celebration. :laughing:

16 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

The TV screen showing the "Vogue" video in Deeper And Deeper could be considered an easter egg?

Well all be damn!  After all these years, I never really paid that close attention to that TV to notice that.  Thanks for sharing this.  And yeah, this would definitely be considered an "Easter Egg" as I mentioned before, "Easter Eggs" are not easily spotted.  But I wonder since she's singing the 'Vogue' phrase at that time, it may be way too obvious for an "Easter Egg" moment?  :)

An easter egg is usually something "hidden" that is supposed to function as a clue to what’s coming next at least in pop music terms. Ariana Grande revealed parts of the tracklist for her upcoming album in the last music video of the previous one. 

Disney, for example had easter eggs included in movies where characters or props from other movies appeared very briefly in later movies.

The only thing Madonna did is occasionally reference her previous work. That’s not really an easter egg cause it’s not hidden. That said, I'm all for banning the lady mentioned in the OP as a topic (along with her army of trolls) but that would be censorship, sadly.

11 hours ago, Adonna said:

Exactly.  Simply put, what she's done is homages to her career.  Easter Eggs aren't supposed to be so blatantly obvious either. The songs including homage to her older songs, were simply celebrating her career. 

That's true also. 

I meant that those songs premeditated the album following. :)

3 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

That's true also. 

I meant that those songs premeditated the album following. :)

That’s also not really an easter egg cause it just showed that she was experimenting with new sounds before going into that direction for an entire album.

For example: She didn’t know she was gonna make Ray Of Light when she recorded Bedtime Story with Nellee Hooper. Hence, it can’t be considered an easter egg which is something that is INTENTIONALLY placed somewhere as a hidden clue.

An easter egg would have been Madonna wearing a gold tooth and holding a whip in the video for TUTBMP.

One More Chance lyrics had hinted she would play Abbie, a woman who begged her husband to stay, at the beginning of the movie "The Next Best Thing".

So give me one more chance
Darlin' if you care for me
Let me win your love
'Cause you were always there for me
If you care for me
Be there for me

Now I finally get it :drama:

6 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

An easter egg is usually something "hidden" that is supposed to function as a clue to what’s coming next at least in pop music terms. Ariana Grande revealed parts of the tracklist for her upcoming album in the last music video of the previous one. 

Exact. The truth is that after reading some comments it seems so funny to me to see how difficult it is for some people to understand these new concepts that they end up getting defensive, calling the people who do find this type of things entertaining as childish. Is it because Taylor Swift has made them fashionable? Anyway.

An Easter Egg that I remember, not exactly in a music video, was when Madonna created a music playlist on Spotify to secretly reveal the name of her beautiful and wonderful album Madame X. I don't know if there were many, few or none who managed to decipher the hidden message at that moment but it was a very intelligent and fun way for Madonna to play the mystery with her fans.

rsz_psx_20190412_232432.jpg.8f5a37f1ed5db6d6fc8b71dce20b9114.jpg

15 hours ago, Tudors said:

Let's not say her name. It's a word of curse.

Why so much hate on Taylor Swift? The truth is I don't understand it. 

Although I don't follow her music, I respect her as an artist because she is one of the few female artists who has managed to reach the top cleanly and without having to use her body as a sexual object, something quite common among female artists today.  She is also a very beautiful and sophisticated woman. Taylor Swift has not shown her breasts in public or kissed other women just to attract attention. Something that seems to be the norm today and that only makes women's fight to stop being seen as sexual objects by men more difficult. Taylor goes against the tide. It's her against the world and to this day she remains victorious. And I respect that.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Why so much hate on Taylor Swift? The truth is I don't understand it. 

Although I don't follow her music, I respect her as an artist because she is one of the few female artists who has managed to reach the top cleanly and without having to use her body as a sexual object, something quite common among female artists today.  She is also a very beautiful and sophisticated woman. Taylor Swift has not shown her breasts in public or kissed other women just to attract attention. Something that seems to be the norm today and that only makes women's fight to stop being seen as sexual objects by men more difficult. Taylor goes against the tide. It's her against the world and to this day she remains victorious. And I respect that.

Uhmm so yea the Madonna Easter eggs. Know of any? If you want to talk about that lady I think there is a thread dedicated to her in other.

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Remember when she foreshadowed the rise of Gaga by releasing She's Not Me a whole year before she arrived?

I think that's why she left early at the sticky and sweet tour and that was her last Madonna concert. Maybe Madonna was making eye contact with her during the song?

Screenshot-20240704-163839-Firefox.png