Do you any favorite parodies of M?

I think Madonna has parodied herself quite well - Star - the BMW short film was hilarious, as was the MTV commercial she did where she has a nightmare that she can't get into an event because security doesn't believe it's her, whilst letting through drag queens dressed as her 😂 both were 2001 I think. I think there's an element of self parody in the Music video, as well as Beautiful Stranger ("she's a master of disguise"). 

French & Saunders are the only ones I can bear cause they're intelligent at least.

My issue with most of her parodies is they're very... simple. Not smart and focusing on whatever they could use to attack her: movie flops, adoptions, her age... just for the sake of it. I found all the Mad TV parodies funny at the time (also the Britney ones) but now I can see how they were simply another example of 00's widespread misogyny.

I always found this YouTuber cute cause he was obviously a big fan and worked his parodies quite well:

Just the fair amount of shade.

On the other hand, I always HATED this other one:

So irritating! I know many fans loved her but...

I don't know.. I usually love parodies but most of Madonna parodies are only about her age. It's pretty lazy and annoying, to be honest. Like that Bitch I'm Madonna parody, it has some perfect moments - I almost chuckled at "This song's pure shit" or that Nicky Minaj parody verse is absolutely great, but then again, half of the parody is about her age which is daaaamn boring. 

It has been happening since 90s like .. 

Madonna in her 30s : she is too old, boo

Madonna in her 40s : mother with kids is still singing, how does she dare to have fun? 

Madonna in her 50s : jeez grandma, get out of the stage 

Madonna in her 60s: she is still alive and touring?! 

There are so many ways how to do a good parody, but when concerning Madonna, it must be ALWAYS about her age for some reason. I don't remember people making fun of Kylie's age, for example. But Madonna? She was "too old" in her late 30s and she is still "too old" in her mid 60s, even if she proved multiple times that age is just a number (remember success of RoL when is was "too old" or even COADF when she dared to have global hit and super successful album almost at her 50s, daaaamn old lady really) 

13 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

There are so many ways how to do a good parody, but when concerning Madonna, it must be ALWAYS about her age for some reason. I don't remember people making fun of Kylie's age, for example. But Madonna?

Madonna dared to be brave and people hated her for it. How to insult a woman? Just mock her for age. 

Kylie always been playing by "rules" so she's safe. 

23 hours ago, Rainbow said:

I happened to catch 'French & Saunders'  'Truth Or Dare' sketch the other day and I was very impressed with the detail.

It's available on Now TV in the UK - this is just a snippet.

1000.jpeg.9abb16c5e3dbccf19656ffc786a4b38f.jpeg

Always loved this. They have great attention to detail too, you can tell they’re fans.