Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

That subject has already been discussed to death. Personally I'm glad they used 3 new songs that would not have been performed live and not wasted some old song that got deconstructed. Not to mention the Confessions Tour interludes were way "lazier", at least she did not use the same song twice, once as a live number and then almost immediately an interlude...

It feels like they did the Sorry interlude just because their was footage left over/B-Roll that they didn't want to waste.  Properly a completely wrong theory, but that's just how I see it.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like they did the Sorry interlude just because their was footage left over/B-Roll that they didn't want to waste.  Properly a completely wrong theory, but that's just how I see it.

They could have used it for the backdrp of the actual live performance then. It's just lazy to use a song for an interlude that was already performed. Plus the Confessions intro wasn't even an actual song. I think that's her low point in interludes. They should have filmed a proper video for How High.

They could have used it for the backdrp of the actual live performance then. It's just lazy to use a song for an interlude that was already performed. Plus the Confessions intro wasn't even an actual song. I think that's her low point in interludes. They should have filmed a proper video for How High.

That's true. But it wouldn' fit with the whole "storytelling / confessions" theme. They tried to connect the 4 sections this way on purpose. The Sorry interlude is like a political aquivalent to Get Studid / NKM / Illuminati.! I guess we're very lucky by having so many RH songs included in the RHT setlist. But i agree, all the RHT arrangements seem quit lazy and too close to the original , except True Blue, La Isla, Dress you up and Candy Shop.

The RHT sections are very seperated. She could have switched the order of the acts and put the Gypsy or second act as the last section. Imagine Rebel Heart or Virgin as the pre - encore song before Holiday... A mashed up version of Holiday with Veni vidi vici would be quit interesting too. But i don't want to complain , the set list is good the way it is.

That's true. But it wouldn' fit with the whole "storytelling / confessions" theme. They tried to connect the 4 sections this way on purpose. The Sorry interlude is like a political aquivalent to Get Studid / NKM / Illuminati.! I guess we're very lucky by having so many RH songs included in the RHT setlist. But i agree, all the RHT arrangements seem quit lazy and too close to the original , except True Blue, La Isla, Dress you up and Candy Shop.

She definitely overdid the "political interlude" thing by now, it's almost a given if you go to a Madonna show, just like a Spanish-inspired segment and some Roaring Twenties cabaret...

I agree about the arrangements though, it's disappointing the old songs are barely reinvented. La Isla Bonita sounds like the TGS and DWT versions mixed, Candy Shop just has bass added. I guess this happened because many fans criticised reinventions like Hung Up on the MDNA Tour so Live Nation probably wants her to be safe now and present the oldies that way...

I agree the interludes are a bit weak, but to be fair aren't they always?

In that aspect I think I only really enjoyed Hollywood in RIT and now Illuminati. I'm also a bigger fan of extended outro's and/or intro's to songs than having random video's in between, it just makes for a better live experience and a nicer flow, but anyways.

Back to the DVD, so we have never, ever had any of these video's as extra's, which is weird 'cos there there, they won't be used or broadcast ever again, so why not use them as a sales incentive? Personally I've never really cared for them that much, however I NEED to see the full Iconic video, not the intro but the video during the performance, where her staue is being caried around, the teasers for that one seemed incredible!

M filmed a Documentary for the Blond Ambition Concert.

M filmed a Documentary for the Re-Invention Concert.

M did not film a Documentary for the Rebel Heart Concert.

Why all this negativity? It's been 3 months, not 3 years. Just wait, ffs.

It seems like you guys don't want this concert to be released at ALL, I see more drama about "no current info" than excitement for an upcoming release.

You're f*cking right. 

Get a life guys. She'll release it. 

M filmed a Documentary for the Blond Ambition Concert.

M filmed a Documentary for the Re-Invention Concert.

M did not film a Documentary for the Rebel Heart Concert.

Why all this negativity? It's been 3 months, not 3 years. Just wait, ffs.

It seems like you guys don't want this concert to be released at ALL, I see more drama about "no current info" than excitement for an upcoming release.

M filmed a Documentary for the Blond Ambition Concert.M filmed a Documentary for the Re-Invention Concert.M did not film a Documentary for the Rebel Heart Concert.Why all this negativity? It's been 3 months, not 3 years. Just wait, ffs.It seems like you guys don't want this concert to be released at ALL, I see more drama about "no current info" than excitement for an upcoming release.

there has to be either news, teaser or even the slightestest rumors that there is going to be a relrase but there is NO word at all, yes I know the show was taped and postproduction takes time but hello, the total lack of news is a reason to wonder

I've been following M since the end of the Confessions era. was it like this after the Re-Invention Tour too?

Yes, there were annoucements about the release of a DVD and several postponed dates throughtout 2005. Then IGTTYAS started to gain attention and Madonna soon forgot about the Lisbon project. Then Live 8, COADF and the Confessions Tour came out and NOTHING. IGTTYAS was released around the same date the Get Together single did. 

The CD/DVD was obviously delayed because of Celebration.

of course, but also, her team and label thought that releasing Sticky & Sweet Tour after the 2nd part, would make it more successful on the countries she performed (and after "round 2", those countries were a hella lot).

honestly I don't see a reason it won't be released, just because she is not teasing the project. First of all teasing her last project didn't really work out the way it should have (RH leak) so it's perfectly understandable she's not doing it this time. Also teasing on Insta etc. really works well if a project is ready for release, not half a year in advance. In this day and age everyone wants everything now, so once you create momentum for a release you should be able to capitalize on it before interest fades, which lateley seems more a question of hours/days then weeks/months ;-)

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic