Rescue me is such a underrated song ever!I love that song so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm not sure why Madonna hate that song...sigh..

Yes!!!!!! I think exactly the same. I don't know why she doesn't seem to like it that much either. It's never been performed or never got a music video. It's a fantastic song, musically and vocally. 'It's a shaaaaaaaaame' it's not been done live. Although, She used to hate Material Girl and she's doing it on the RH tour now so she might do it one day?

Yes!!!!!! I think exactly the same. I don't know why she doesn't seem to like it that much either. It's never been performed or never got a music video. It's a fantastic song, musically and vocally. 'It's a shaaaaaaaaame' it's not been done live. Although, She used to hate Material Girl and she's doing it on the RH tour now so she might do it one day?

OMG I love that I'm not the only one feel this way!!!  :kissy:  :heart:

I was so excited When rumor going around that Madonna gonna sing Living for love + Rescue me at Rebel heart tour... but I felt that it would be fake..Because it's too good to be true. sigh.

I don't know why Madonna hate that song so much but I have one theory. 

My theory is That "Rescue Me" line bothering Madonna. Because Madonna is such a strong woman so she hate that world gonna misunderstanding about her, and woman's image like the one have to be rescued.

That is my theory. but then why make a song at first place? so... my theory is not perfect lol.

On January 10 1985, Madonna began filming the Material Girl music video in Los Angeles, California. The video was directed by Mary Lambert. Madonna met Sean Penn on the set.

In a 1987 interview with New York Daily News, Madonna talked about the concept for the video:
“My favorite scene in all of Marilyn Monroe’s movies is when she does that dance sequence for ‘Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend’. And when it came time to do the video for the song Material Girl, I said, I can just redo that whole scene and it will be perfect. Marilyn was made into something not human in a way, and I can relate to that. Her sexuality was something everyone was obsessed with and that I can relate to. And there were certain things about her vulnerability that I’m curious about and attracted to.â€

Reflecting on the song, Madonna told author J. Randy Taraborrelli:
“I can’t completely disdain the song and the video, because they certainly were important to my career. But talk about the media hanging on a phrase and misinterpreting the damn thing as well. I didn’t write that song, you know, and the video was about how the girl rejected diamonds and money. But God forbid irony should be understood. So when I’m ninety, I’ll still be the Material Girl. I guess it’s not so bad. Lana Turner was the Sweater Girl until the day she died.â€

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On January 10 1985, Madonna began filming the Material Girl music video in Los Angeles, California. The video was directed by Mary Lambert. Madonna met Sean Penn on the set.

In a 1987 interview with New York Daily News, Madonna talked about the concept for the video:

“My favorite scene in all of Marilyn Monroe’s movies is when she does that dance sequence for ‘Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend’. And when it came time to do the video for the song Material Girl, I said, I can just redo that whole scene and it will be perfect. Marilyn was made into something not human in a way, and I can relate to that. Her sexuality was something everyone was obsessed with and that I can relate to. And there were certain things about her vulnerability that I’m curious about and attracted to.â€

Reflecting on the song, Madonna told author J. Randy Taraborrelli:

“I can’t completely disdain the song and the video, because they certainly were important to my career. But talk about the media hanging on a phrase and misinterpreting the damn thing as well. I didn’t write that song, you know, and the video was about how the girl rejected diamonds and money. But God forbid irony should be understood. So when I’m ninety, I’ll still be the Material Girl. I guess it’s not so bad. Lana Turner was the Sweater Girl until the day she died.â€

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Those photos are great, she looks hot even in her regular clothes on set. I really love the first one!

I knew she has a funny relationship with the song, and hated being called The Material Girl (she's right- she still gets called that now), but I've never seen her (begrudgingly) accept the title.

Nice little interview and photos. Thanks. ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

December 10 1991, Madonna was honoured with the Award Of Courage by the American Foundation For AIDS Research (AMFAR) at a Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel dinner, in Beverly Hills, California.

At the event, Madonna discussed the rumours that she had tested positive for AIDS:
“When the rumors surfaced that I was HIV-positive, I thought, well, someone’s really bored today . . . let’s make up a real juicy story. I tried to ignore it but it wouldn’t go away. . . .

Instead of pointing the finger at people and having witch hunts and ostracizing each other for lifestyles and sexual preferences, we should all be uniting to fight this disease . . . but we’re not. Because we’re afraid. We’re scared out of our skins to face the truth that AIDS is not a gay disease, it’s a human disease.
Now I’m not HIV-positive, but what if I were? I would be more afraid of how society would treat me for having the disease than the actual disease itself. If this is what I have to deal with for my involvement in fighting this epidemic, then so be it.

I’m not afraid to be associated with people who are HIV-positive, and I am not afraid to love people who are HIV-positive. Because their ordeal is more important than mine, because their courage is larger than mine, because what they’re facing is real. And if we can learn to deal with real, and our fears, then I’m hopeful that we can conquer this disease.â€

The event drew 850 guests, and raised $750,000 for AmFAR. Performers included Patti Austin, k.d. lang, Barry Manilow, Michael McDonald, David Pack and Rosie O’Donnell, who did a hilarious send-up of the Madonna’s Vogue.

(Includes previously unseen photographs of Madonna, celebrity guests and friends)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image