What Kind Of Compilation Album Next?

RebelHeARTPOP

Madonna has released 3 kinds.

Immaculate Collection- All the singles up til then and some were alternate to album versions and some new cuts

Something to Remember- Ballads and some remastered versions

Celebration- A frick ton of hits and singles nearly all album version, and two new tracks

I would like one like the Immaculate Collection with some studio versions of popular live renditions, examples, Like A Virgin Rebel Heart Mix, Into the Groove Sticky And Sweet Confection etc.

you forgot to add GHV2, that compiled the hits from Erotica to Music, since The Immaculte Collection had visited the previous albums. (there was even some speculation that Celebration was going to be called "GHV3" on that time, and that it would focus from American Life onwards).

i don't really think she'll release studio versions officially. maybe we'll have to wait another decade to start thinking of the next compilation. the singles from MDNA and Rebel Heart are not enough to justify another compilation this soon.

She released a remix album, You Can Dance, too of course.

She was going to do a remix album in the mid-late 90s "supposedly" called Veronica Electronica, but the project was abandoned and she concentrated on the album that would come to be Ray Of Light instead. Apparently she toyed with calling the then unnamed Ray Of Light album Veronica Electronica too after the remix album got shelved. But obviously she didn't in the end. 😃

Some remixes that were commissioned for the project have leaked such as Live II Infinity mixes of Into The Groove and the crazy For You remixes. I wonder if any other remixes were commissioned before the album was cancelled?

IMO She doesn't need a new greatest hits as she's only released two studio albums since Celebration, and the singles from them weren't exactly big successes (dunno about worldwide, but here in the UK at least)...

I'd like a remix album spanning her entire career but with all new commissioned remixes. Choosing singles would be the obvious choice, but maybe if some non singles were included? A regular remix album might be quite boring so it'd be cool for a mix of different styles and genres of remixes.

I've already mentioned this somewhere on this forum but I'd like it if she took an album track from each album and re-recorded them to make a compilation album.

Basically I'd like something innovative and experimental. Nothing boring and if she does do anything, whatever it is, it should be handled with love and respect and not be rushed and murdered (ahem, Celebration - so much potential for an awesome greatest hits package that sounds butchered, and GHV2 which was kind of boring IMO).

By the way, on the topic of Celebration, am I the only one in thinking the trailers (we which were actually really cool) were misleading? If I was a member of the general public and saw the trailers I might go and buy the album hoping to hear the remix of Like A Prayer, but the album actually doesn't have that on it, instead having the album version....?

you forgot to add GHV2, that compiled the hits from Erotica to Music, since The Immaculte Collection had visited the previous albums. (there was even some speculation that Celebration was going to be called "GHV3" on that time, and that it would focus from American Life onwards).

i don't really think she'll release studio versions officially. maybe we'll have to wait another decade to start thinking of the next compilation. the singles from MDNA and Rebel Heart are not enough to justify another compilation this soon.

It was specifically the different types and as for the whole "not yet" thing, a doiiii when she does one is what was asked

Im pretty sure im not alone here but the most obvious collection would surely not be a greatest hits cd but all her demos - released and more specifically the unreleased ones like desperately seeking susan, warning signs, spotlight, first is a kiss, love attack etc plus remastered ones like shame and dear father ? all wrapped in a nice 4 cd box set maybe ? it wont happen though im sure :(

studio versions would be good - some of stuart prices remixes for the tours he worked on were pretty amazing especially the ct versions of everybody, la isla , future lovers, erotica - i wasnt too keen on Kevin Antunes mixes though ? Apart from his s&s remix of holiday which i do l like :)

I've got some ideas:

1. Something to Remember Vol. 2 (I think this would be the best idea)

2. Greatest Hits Vol. 3 (GHV3, American Life singles - Rebel Heart singles w/2 new songs)

3. 3rd Remix Album (Follow-up to You Can Dance, featuring best remixes from LAP album - Rebel Heart album)

4. Career-spanning box set (every single on CDs and every music video on DVDs w/a great booklet)

you forgot to add GHV2, that compiled the hits from Erotica to Music, since The Immaculte Collection had visited the previous albums. (there was even some speculation that Celebration was going to be called "GHV3" on that time, and that it would focus from American Life onwards).

It's not hard.  :rip:

Immaculate Collection was made with such care and attention, GHV2 never even aimed for those heights and so forgettable except for using the 7" edit of Deeper and Deeper that was awesome, having Evita in the middle was not. Celebration is a bass happy mess; it did add Who's that Girl. I want a unreleased/demos box set - I always aspire for them to be like is Nirvana's With the Lights Out, three discs all that stuff in her box...sorry vault.

I've got some ideas:

2. Greatest Hits Vol. 3 (GHV3, American Life singles - Rebel Heart singles w/2 new songs)

3. 3rd Remix Album (Follow-up to You Can Dance, featuring best remixes from LAP album - Rebel Heart album)

4. Career-spanning box set (every single on CDs and every music video on DVDs w/a great booklet)

The 4th would be super expensive and I'd be so here for that

A You Can Dance 2.0 would be a nice idea (she doesn't really have greatest hits for the last decade) if they were able to choose the right songs and the right remixers. I am not a fan of remixes, so I'd rather have Something to remember vol. 2 although I don't think it's quite likely.. she has had many great ballads since but there's no point in making such an album. A COLLECTION OF DEMOS AND UNRELEASED has never been done before and after 30 YEARS the moment has come :Madonna004:

i think that any compilation being vol. 2 or 3 of anything she released would be a very non-creative thing to do.

she should name it something totally new, if there is another compilation to come.

I agree.

Maybe ...."Something 2 Remember", "Something To Remember Too" or "More To Remember"?

I think if she does a huge kind of compilation, either when she decides to call it a day, or before then if it's some kind of collection of unreleased stuff etc, a good name could be "Iconic" or "Iconic - The Ultimate Collection",...or something like that anyway ðŸ˜

I agree.

Maybe ...."Something 2 Remember", "Something To Remember Too" or "More To Remember"?

I think if she does a huge kind of compilation, either when she decides to call it a day, or before then if it's some kind of collection of unreleased stuff etc, a good name could be "Iconic" or "Iconic - The Ultimate Collection",...or something like that anyway

Iconography?

I've got some ideas:

that would be a dream  :tongue:  :kissy:

Im thinking about this from the perspective of actually listening to it more than once and actually buying it.

With those two parameters in mind, I want:

a beautiful boxset collection of unreleased tracks, demos, alternate versions.  This would not just be limited to the music part but would also include images that are unreleased or alternates along with some stories or information behind it.

This type of release would actually make me want to drop money.

I don't envision myself buying a new remix collection because I dont really want to listen to remixes outside of the gym so this will most likely be a spotify release for me and based on the type of remixes that are coming out these days, I will most likely just listen to this a couple times.

I would not spend a single penny on any other type of greatest hits release from her at this stage in the game UNLESS it was:

truly limited edition (numbered)

contained very unique items that are not accessible through spotify, etc.