Songs rumors

Luiz Ribeiro

Yep, Black Madonna was going to be an album title for Hard Candy.

There also exists a photoshot of Madonna painted in black, indeed, totally unreleased.

Mantra was a rumoured album title for Ray Of Light in 1997.

Veronica Electronica was a rumoured album title for Ray Of Light 2.0 (with remixes).

Isaac was going to be a song about a gay boy who committed suicide.

let's remember "Britney Don't Do It" from the then unnamed 11th M album, which would be supposedly named Candy Shop, Black Star, Licorice, or The Return of the Black Queen.

wasnt there also a rumour that it would be called Black Madonna?^

wow... and at the end they went out with "Hard Candy"... this is genius   :Madonna008:

There also exists a photoshot of Madonna painted in black, indeed, totally unreleased.

the Black Madonna photoshoot was taken by Steven Klein, it was her as a religious virgin with dark skin, but it was shelved bc it would have been polemic, in a bad way. (I heard the Black Madonna rumour like a year after the album was released)

wasn't Hard Candy also supposed to be called Give It To Me? and use the current photoshoot with the ads on the background.

and Confessions On A Dance Floor was supossed to be called Project 05 or Defying Gravity.

I don't remember album title rumours for MDNA tho :/

Veronica Electronica was a rumoured album title for Ray Of Light 2.0 (with remixes).

isn't Veronica Electronica also the name of the persona she played on the Ray of Light era?

If this counts, someone made a fake rehearsal of Rescue Me for the RHT and I was at some guys b-day and the gays were jealous, that was a letdown lol. 

There is an 8 min version of ROL and it trumps the album cut.   :owy: and 12 mins of NKM truely awesome if possible.

I posted! My channel <3

wow... and at the end they went out with "Hard Candy"... this is genius   :Madonna008:

that album, even tho its good, didn't deserve such a high concept title such as black madonna/black queen or w/e which everyone would have misunderstood. And if the photoshoot thing is true, thank god its never been released.  :speakno:  :speakno:

Hard Candy works fine imho, its such a bittersweet album.  :thinker:

Mantra was a rumoured album title for Ray Of Light in 1997.

Isaac was going to be a song about a gay boy who committed suicide.

Brazilian Magazine - 

Revista 'Show Bizz' - 1998.

ShowBizz : When " Ray Of Light " was released , you even said that later would come out a remix album , Veronica Electronica . This disc is confirmed ? It was also said that it would be released a definitive collection of clips on his career .

Madonna : Actually , I have no plans to Veronica Electronica and this clip collection is not yet completely finished . My production company is developing a program for TV that is based on In Bed With Madonna . But I can say that will not be the host and that the program may have another name.

black madonna was comfirmed by M herself, but supposedly Guy O put a stop to it.

Also Ein Sof was comfirmed by M as a possible title for AL, but said nobody would probably get it so she abandonned the idea

ROL was indeed first called Mantra, then Sutra, then Drowned World before she settled on ROL

Skin was first called Flirtatious Dance or something like that.

i heard that she covered wheels on the bus for mdna x

I heard the same story years ago, after Ray Of Light. I think it was even in the newspaper at the time. Obviously it wasn't true. It was released though..... by "Mad'Donna" and is sung as a parody of Ray Of Light...

The video is an animated parody of the ROL video...

I didn't know this but it even got performed on Top Of The Pops 😮

I remember I heard the Trouble album by Natalia Kills when the rumour that she and M were working on a track together surfaced.

to bad that M took her voice off after the X factor controversy.

Yes I quite liked the songwriting her and M came up with. Shame she was a complete twat to that guy I would of loved some more songs written by them.