Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I guess I might be a bit of the "old school", the album + b-sides school.

14-19 tracks is way too much anyway. Reminds me of Tori Amos' bloathed later works, the album gets boring by the end or some songs do not quite fit it.

But still: Rebel Heart is miles ahead of Hard Candy (2/10, why!!!) or MDNA (4/10), two albums I pretend do not exist. The leaks shows RH could have been really good.

I know all our assumptions might not be true but it's akward to hear that Madonna's label wouldn't allow her to release a double album but would be more than eager to release 3 different CD packages to prove that Madonna fans still buy her music and push the whole project a bit higher in the charts. From a marketing perspective it does sound ambitious, but from an artistic one not so much. Madonna doesn't seem to be the free artist people are used to talk about. Whatever.

True. Label should've respected Madonna's wishes and she shouldn't have backed down. i dont know why she lets people dictacte so much of her, sounds like insecurity to me.  :frown: and the stupid label  :oi:

Album is great anyway but as a double album and maybe 2 lead singles, would've been more exciting conceptually.  :jamming:

If she wants a label she has to follow their orders.

She told in a interview but she should have done anyway, let's apply "Bitch, I'm Madonna".

If Beyoncé did with I Am Sasha Fierce, why her label didn't let Madonna do it :oi:

They're on different labels

I heard Christina had the same issues with Back to Basics but she won in the end.

They're on different labels

Where did she say that the label rejected the idea?Isn't it just a concept that evolved, especially after the leaks?Back To Basics was 15 years ago, Sasha Fierce was 10 years ago. The industrial/business context was not the same. Comparing them to RH makes no valid point.And once again, the Interscope deal is distribution only, they have no creative input.

lol wrong

Playpause: Yes, they do sell the standard version online :) (slap!) loool :lol: I got mine from Amazon and also from Sweden, but then found out that they're exactly the same, i.e manufactured in EU, The Netherlands!

I was waiting for the LP to be released here because they said they would get it in. No sign of it, so I'm glad I got mine online instead. Can never really trust the shops here.....