Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

An existential crisis?  Come on sis.  I get the feeling people have a specific idea of who the real Madonna is, but people change over time.  Just because she doesn't seem to measure up in some people's eyes doesn't mean she's not just doing what she's always done, which is be herself.  In any case, she's obviously a person, as are we all... so any ideas that she needs to be some goddess on a pedestal and some untouchable idol are a little odd... and no offense, but reflect far more on a person who needs her to fulfill some mythical role than on her.

I admire her because of her strength and for her flaws, which reveal her personality and humanity far more than any of the cookie cutter dolls we see in the media who have nothing to say.

She's not perfect, since no one is, but she has genuinely good intentions and I think that's all we can ask of anyone.

You didn't understand what I meant. 

She has been on somewhat of a crisis for years now. First of all, she's been creatively drained for the last decade, but RH is a giant step in the right direction. She's said so herself, you can check. :tongue:

She's also been depressed which is more than understandable after the ugly ride that it's been since 2008.

I don't think she should be an untouchable idol but she doesn't have to be in the mud either. And on Instagram its been like watching someone crash and burn sometimes, that's not exactly Madonna. That's not who she is. She is a "rise above it" person, and yes, it is one of the main reasons I like her. There isn't any strength or wisdom to some of her social media behaviour. 

You didn't understand what I meant. 

She has been on somewhat of a crisis for years now. First of all, she's been creatively drained for the last decade, but RH is a giant step in the right direction. She's said so herself, you can check. :tongue:

She's also been depressed which is more than understandable after the ugly ride that it's been since 2008.

I don't think she should be an untouchable idol but she doesn't have to be in the mud either. And on Instagram its been like watching someone crash and burn sometimes, that's not exactly Madonna. That's not who she is. She is a "rise above it" person, and yes, it is one of the main reasons I like her. There isn't any strength or wisdom to some of her social media behaviour. 

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't classify it as a crisis.  :tongue:  I think she's been trying to sort things out in her life, personally and professionally, as most people end up doing at some time or another as most people's lives aren't a smooth ride all the way through either with no moments of self doubt.  Creatively I think she's been trying to branch out into some of her other true interests in film, which she obviously loves, or she wouldn't keep banging her head against the wall and giving it another try time after time.  The thing I think got her down the most was the huge backlash she got (and still gets from some, including so called fans) about her adoptions.

Yes, it's been an ugly ride since 2008, but I wouldn't say she's been completely depressed.  She's kept busy, though not doing what we might want her to all of the time, and she's kept pushing forward.  And really, in the mud?  Madonna has NEVER been in the mud... she might have had stumbles and setbacks, but in the mud... that I would reserve for a serious breakdown ala Britney.  We can be thankful that she's never truly gone off the deep end, or fallen into addiction or any other serious ailments that are far more unrecoverable.  I'll take her social media missteps over becoming the shell of herself that Britney has any day.

I know we're harsh on her at times, but she can't be a superhero all of the time... and since she's Madonna, I have no doubt that she WILL eventually rise above it.  It might be the road less traveled by, but we can be sure she'll make it through in the end.

Seriously? I don't think this is the first time you make a very negative remark about Madonna, do you really like her? Or you're just here only to complain about her? If so, maybe you need to go out and breathe some fresh air :monkey:

You can like Madonna and not love everything she does. You can have your own mind. It does not make you any less of a fan.

I'm just a normal fan....not a fanatic who says to madonna

OMG SHE'S FANTASTIC IN EVERYTHING

HER FART IS BEAUTIFUL................... -.-

I love her but sometimes I don't like her acts

like the mash up..........because it was really childish and stupid and unecessary

jstevens40 thanks <3 <3 <3 REALLY

for me rebel heart is really GREAT

but in the world is a flop = time has changed...not her fault

she had middle age crisis (see mdna and the express/born mash up) = she's human like everyone

do you think I'm a hater???  I don't give a :D

I will love her forever....she made me smile in 2005

I'm just an objective fan

peace and love...I'm a rebel heart

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't classify it as a crisis.  :tongue:  I think she's been trying to sort things out in her life, personally and professionally, as most people end up doing at some time or another as most people's lives aren't a smooth ride all the way through either with no moments of self doubt.  Creatively I think she's been trying to branch out into some of her other true interests in film, which she obviously loves, or she wouldn't keep banging her head against the wall and giving it another try time after time.  The thing I think got her down the most was the huge backlash she got (and still gets from some, including so called fans) about her adoptions.

Yes, it's been an ugly ride since 2008, but I wouldn't say she's been completely depressed.  She's kept busy, though not doing what we might want her to all of the time, and she's kept pushing forward.  And really, in the mud?  Madonna has NEVER been in the mud... she might have had stumbles and setbacks, but in the mud... that I would reserve for a serious breakdown ala Britney.  We can be thankful that she's never truly gone off the deep end, or fallen into addiction or any other serious ailments that are far more unrecoverable.  I'll take her social media missteps over becoming the shell of herself that Britney has any day.

I know we're harsh on her at times, but she can't be a superhero all of the time... and since she's Madonna, I have no doubt that she WILL eventually rise above it.  It might be the road less traveled by, but we can be sure she'll make it through in the end.

Agree sis, but I do think in a lot of people's heads (not haters) she's never been on a lower point than now. As I said I'm not against her having social media, but a change on the way she uses it would be good for her. It's not about me really, I don't even defend her much anymore because I don't care about haters, they'll always be there, but sometimes I just wanna hug her and let her know everything will be fine. 

And btw, I hope she makes many more films, I think she's talented. One day she could make a film that's as good as her best albums imho.

I'm just a normal fan....not a fanatic who says to madonna

OMG SHE'S FANTASTIC IN EVERYTHING

HER FART IS BEAUTIFUL................... -.-

I love her but sometimes I don't like her acts

like the mash up..........because it was really childish and stupid and unecessary

jstevens40 thanks <3 <3 <3 REALLY

for me rebel heart is really GREAT

but in the world is a flop = time has changed...not her fault

she had middle age crisis (see mdna and the express/born mash up) = she's human like everyone

do you think I'm a hater???  I don't give a :D

I will love her forever....she made me smile in 2005

I'm just an objective fan

peace and love...I'm a rebel heart

Although I think your entitled to your opinion. I don't share your view on the Rebel Heart album being a flop ..I think its doing great.

Agree sis, but I do think in a lot of people's heads (not haters) she's never been on a lower point than now. As I said I'm not against her having social media, but a change on the way she uses it would be good for her. It's not about me really, I don't even defend her much anymore because I don't care about haters, they'll always be there, but sometimes I just wanna hug her and let her know everything will be fine. 

And btw, I hope she makes many more films, I think she's talented. One day she could make a film that's as good as her best albums imho.

Maybe she isn't as popular with some as she used to be, but I do think ageism is part of that in that people aren't willing to give her music or her opinions a chance any more and read past the surface.  It is what it is, but it's those people who are missing out.  I think some fans worry about Madonna more than Madonna worries about herself.  Yes, I'd love to give her a hug, but I'm also sure she doesn't want or need anyone's pity or approval.  That's also what her social media is about... she uses it the way she wants to without caring what anyone else thinks about it.  People might not like what she has to say or the way she says it, but at least she still says it herself instead of having a publicist censor and run her account like many celebrities do.

She seems happier to me this era than she ever did during MDNA, which tells me she's in a more positive place in her life regardless of what is going on with her music or social media controversies, and I'm happy for her.

The tour is going to be amazing!  :hearteyes:

I hope they really work hard to turn things around, I mean they must be somewhat paying attention to the fans....

No point in having Madonna work her ass off if they're gonna drop the ball with the releases.

I still believe...

:Madonna032:  :Madonna031:

Where is our Blond Ambition Blu-ray sis?  :hug:

She seems happier to me this era than she ever did during MDNA, which tells me she's in a more positive place in her life regardless of what is going on with her music or social media controversies, and I'm happy for her.

true......she's really happy this time :)

Maybe she isn't as popular with some as she used to be, but I do think ageism is part of that in that people aren't willing to give her music or her opinions a chance any more and read past the surface.  It is what it is, but it's those people who are missing out.  I think some fans worry about Madonna more than Madonna worries about herself.  Yes, I'd love to give her a hug, but I'm also sure she doesn't want or need anyone's pity or approval.  That's also what her social media is about... she uses it the way she wants to without caring what anyone else thinks about it.  People might not like what she has to say or the way she says it, but at least she still says it herself instead of having a publicist censor and run her account like many celebrities do.

well sort of.... read the Joan Of Arc lyrics yet?  :cryin:

She's been more positive lately, but when she started the era she seemed quite bitchy, I guess she's relieved the press people that have talked to her have been nicer than she expected.

well sort of.... read the Joan Of Arc lyrics yet?  :cryin:

Of course... but that to me was more her expressing her feelings about how she feels from time to time, like all of us do.  I don't get the sense that she dwells on it to the point of overshadowing the rest of her life, though.

She started the "era" with the leaks... so it's natural she would be upset and defensive.

Of course... but that to me was more her expressing her feelings about how she feels from time to time, like all of us do.  I don't get the sense that she dwells on it to the point of overshadowing the rest of her life, though.

She started the "era" with the leaks... so it's natural she would be upset and defensive.

well, last year she read comments on her IG, responded to haters, blocked haters and even some fans, I think she's more sensitive than we've ever realised. What bothers me is that sometimes she really does herself no favours. She's only human ,, but yeah she needs to be told to sit down sometimes im sorry  :lol:

tough love... i knew it from the start...

well, last year she read comments on her IG, responded to haters, blocked haters and even some fans, I think she's more sensitive than we've ever realised. What bothers me is that sometimes she really does herself no favours. She's only human ,, but yeah she needs to be told to sit down sometimes im sorry  :lol:

tough love... i knew it from the start...

But that was last year, wasn't it?  It was probably shocking if she was relatively new to social media... I mean she's right that people wouldn't say most of these things to her face.  I agree she shouldn't respond to haters, but she has a right to block them too... no one should have to put up with abuse.  Yes, she's only human, so I'm sure she's figured some of this out since then.

But I really don't think random people just follow her IG like you think... aside from fans or haters.  If people choose to write about it in the news it's only because she's still relevant, but then they will twist anything out of context anyway.

I think random people very much know about what goes on, but they forget about the specifics, but what still lingers is a sense that she's at a low point. That's why PR is important. It is an overall image issue. Her instagram is not a secret place or anything, she has 20 million FB likes I mean...

No one can convince me that her social media didn't play a part on how things are playing out for this album.

I think random people very much know about what goes on, but they forget about the specifics, but what still lingers is a sense that she's at a low point. That's why PR is important. It is an overall image issue. Her instagram is not a secret place or anything, she has 20 million FB likes I mean...

No one can convince me that her social media didn't play a part on how things are playing out for this album.

I think it's not just one thing. :)  But she's moving in the right direction with all of the things she's doing... it's just that a lot of things and people are still working against her.

That tired "im an objective fan, lemme give some harsh words here and there" crap is like the cancer of every fanbase, I swear.There is constructive criticism, and there is blatant bashing only for bashing's sake. Madonna has never been one to hold back her thoughts and ideas, if the mashup was how she chose to express her feelings towards Gaga ripping off her own song, who are we to deem it "immature and stupid"?And you also felt the need to point out that RH is #2 on the newly updated BB200 chart while in fact groovy's statement would still make perfect sense taking into account just the sales chart - that is not sth an objective fan would do.Just saying.

That tired "im an objective fan, lemme give some harsh words here and there" crap is like the cancer of every fanbase, I swear.There is constructive criticism, and there is blatant bashing only for bashing's sake. Madonna has never been one to hold back her thoughts and ideas, if the mashup was how she chose to express her feelings towards Gaga ripping off her own song, who are we to deem it "immature and stupid"?And you also felt the need to point out that RH is #2 on the newly updated BB200 chart while in fact groovy's statement would still make perfect sense taking into account just the sales chart - that is not sth an objective fan would do.Just saying.

are you sure that born this way is a copy of express yourself???? instead of the mash up
madonna could have sued gaga instead of singing SHE'S NOT ME -.-......for me was only stupid and childish markenting
and then I don't give a fuck about sales....I'm interested in quality and not in numbers
rebel heart is quality but unfortunately is a flop for now (let's see in the next weeks) 315.000 copies in the world the first week.....c'mon
mdna is shit and it sold 754.000 copies in the world the first week (unbelievable)

if you want me to say madonna is great for every fart she does
I will make you happy :D  :Madonna003:  :Madonna003:  :Madonna003: