Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I love Grimes :om:

Me too! Such a shame she cancelled her upcoming album though, I love the direction she was headed with "Go".

Anyways, it just makes me even more excited when I find out she's been working with another producer I happen to like! Seriously, I can't wait to hear some of the tracks off the album.

Claire Elise Boucher, aka Grimes, tweeted her excitement for her best friend Blood Diamonds collaborating on some Madonna‘s tracks from her upcoming album.

Omg omg so excited for my best friend @blooddiamonds working on Madonna Traxxx aaaah 

And now Nicki in the studio with Madonna?  although I hated her feature in GMAYL, I LOVED IDGAF--she fit so perfectly in that song.  I just hope theres still NO FEATURES on the 1st single.

Although the album's been pushed back (or whatever) the news on new collaborators that keep coming out are very intriguing.

Madonna track sounds wicked, says MNEK
MNEK has described Madonna's new material as "wicked".

The British singer-songwriter has been in the studio with the US icon to work on a track for her forthcoming new album, which is due out in 2015.

"I almost get quite scared talking about it," MNEK told Digital Spy at the MOBO Awards launch. "It's happened, obviously. I did meet Madonna and I did work with her. 

"It was great and amazing. The song sounds wicked - I'm really proud of it. Diplo's dope, Madonna's dope, her people are great and that side of things is working out great."

Is Nicki Minaj Collaborating With Madonna — Again?
Harmless selfies or hints of what's to come?

Hope you weren’t planning on sleeping anytime soon, because you’re about to get some major Nicki Minaj and Madonna-induced adrenaline coursing through your veins.

Super-late on Monday night (September 22), the “Anaconda†rapper posted a selfie with Her Madgesty on Instagram, which she captioned: “My trip to New York isn’t the same unless I bump into the Queen. #BitchItsMadonna.†Pretty innocuous, huh?

NOPE. For you see, Madonna Instagrammed a selfie of her own three hours prior, which she captioned: “Goin to werk #bitchimmadonna.†“Werk†as in work? As in the studio? With Nicki Minaj? Recording a sequel to their 2012 collaborations, “Give Me All Your Luvin’†and “I Don’t Give A�

I don’t want to jump the gun, but M has been in the studio working on her new album with the likes of Diplo and Major Lazer lately. And those coordinated hashtags… They kinda pound set off every alarm, right?

From Twitter:
Nicki Minaj arriving at a studio in New York where Madonna, Rihanna and Alicia Keys were.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Rihanna arriving at the studio last night in New York. Madonna, Nicki Minaj and Alicia Keys were also there
Posted Image

Posted Image

if she releases a double album, I think that would conclude the album part of her LN deal.

agreed.  I have also heard rumblings that this would be Her last major record deal and would enter into a working retirement.... a la Cher.  Which makes perfect sense actually.  Theoretically, this upcoming tour has to have 2 legs...  If she does not go to Australia or Asia, she's breaking her own promise which was pretty substantial, and the timing to start the tour in Australia has passed, the tickets would have been on sale already, so if she does go, it would be very late 2015/early 2016, probably after the American leg.  But honestly, and I hope and pray for this, if there truly is a double album with a staggered release more like Justin Timberlake, Madonna could have an immensely huge next 2 years and actually mount 2 tours or 2 very successful leg 1 and leg 2 with very different set lists and stage designs.  Its actually very possible and plausible.  It just depends on how hard she wants to work and how long she wants to tour.  Then, she can be free of the obligations of a contract and put an album out maybe every 5-7-10 years as she beautifully ages and enjoys her family and successes.

In this day and age when record labels are so stingy regarding physical releases I highly doubt it. I mean, the MDNA deluxe edition was sure very generous on their part but seriously those 5 extra tracks could have made it perfectly in a single disc, just like they did in Japan. Stupid and milking marketing decisions disguised as 'gifts' to the fans won't ever convince me.

I think Rihanna, Nicky, Madonna and Alicia together could be part of that project I know nothing about Alicia has been promoting recently.

Yeah.. there is serious talk (rumors) of a double album.   I think I just wet myself with anticipation now!! LOL

Is there any serious talk about it? I'd like it, but worry if she has enough great songs for it. I'd rather she plays it safe with a regular album where every track is perfect. We all know MDNA could've been condensed and some songs left as b-sides.