Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

RUMOR: Take this with a grain of salt. 
• The first single has been already chosen. It’s an energetic dance number with universal message. 
• She plans to premier the first single live on TV, probably on a award show.

So interesting!! 

As for "Bitch, I'm Madonna"....not sure I like it for a title either for the same reasons as others, but, I do like it for lyrics. 

I don't like these titles at all, bitch I'm Madonna is even worse than unapologetic bitch; sounds really pretentious and "childish". Anyway, let's wait and see. I hope neither will be chosen as single :smile:

I think he was talking about interviews and TV performances, mini tour, like in the confessions era. But yes, it was her choice to rehearse for the tour and not do any promo, not Guy's.

I just find that interesting how some called that "traditional promo" when Madonna never did that until more recently. To me, that isn't the "traditional" way of how Madonna released her albums. In the end, the music has to sell itself. Madonna went out on the limb to promote American Life, doing a lot of TV interviews, promotional performances on various television shows and at stores, etc. She did a lot of promotion like that for Hard Candy as well. Still, it didn't move a lot of albums.

No, she's going to have to pick some big event or create a huge event to gain attention for her new record.

Disclosure Talks Madonna Collaboration Rumors

When Madonna turned up at a couple of Disclosure shows earlier this month -- and shared multiple Instagram photos of her encounters -- fans immediately began to speculate if the Queen of Pop was working with the British duo on her next album.

After all, Madonna has been sharing numerous photos on Instagram all year of likely musical collaborators, ranging from Diplo and Toby Gad to MoZella and Natalia Kills.

"She came to our gig at Governors Ball," Disclosure's Howard Lawrence tells Billboard, "and within a few hours, there were articles being written about how we were producing her album -- and we had met her that day. How could we even have done that?"

Certainly, Disclosure probably didn't produce an entire album overnight for the singer. (Who is "really cool" and "very chill," says Guy Lawrence -- Howard's brother and the other half of Disclosure.) But, the duo hasn't said that a collaboration is off the table with the singer either, so expect further rumors to develop.

Madonna continues to be hard at work on her forthcoming studio album, which will be released by Interscope Records. Her last set, 2012's "MDNA," debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 537,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As for Disclosure, their single "Latch" is burning up the Billboard Hot 100 chart, as it rose 14-12 on the July 5-dated list. The song recently surpassed 1 million in cumulative download sales as well (week ending June 22). The act has tour dates lined up internationally through September, when the brothers will begin to write their second album.

Recap:

March

Avicii with 2 teams: I. Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha; & II. Salem Al Fakir, Vincent Pontare, Magnus Lidehäll - 11 Demos completed.

April

Martin Kiersvenbaum & Natalia Kills â€“ A few songs according to Martin Kiersvenbaum. Rumored song titles "Holy Water" & “Body Shop†

April

Toby Gad, Mozella, Symbolyc One, Jean Baptiste Kouame - One rumored song title: "Iconic". Not clear if they wrote & produced separate tracks other than the 7 songs that Diplo mentioned as they were in the studio with him, Ariel Rechtshaid & Nick Rowe in May.

May

Diplo, Ariel Rechtshaid, Nick Rowe  – Diplo confirmed 7 songs in total including a song titled "Bitch, I'm Madonna". Other possible songs include "Living For Love" and "Unapologetic Bitch".

June

Pharrell - May or may not be involved.  Pix with M in recording studio posted on IG. 

Hmmm? Could this be album related??

On her instagram she posted the following image w/ this text/hashtags: Coming soon........#promise #keep#sorceress#deep

Posted Image

Messiah is a liberator or savior of people. More specifically in Arabic religious terms as a high priest or King. Jews refer Messiahs as high preist, kings or prophets. In Christianity,  Jesua is considered the "Messiah". Islam's Quaran also refers Jesus Christ as a Messiah. 

To make things more interesting which may or may not be related, one of her collaborators on the new album... "MoZella" performed a song called "Messiah" back in 2007. Here's a video to that song:

Maybe/maybe not. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. After all, you saw what happeend with the other rumors especially "We R Superstars".  There is no confirmation that it's part of her new album.

http://radio.com/2014/07/02/madonna-teases-new-song-messiah-listen/

Madonna Teases New Song ‘Messiah’

The Material Girl finally has some new material.

Yesterday (July 1), Madonna â€” who’s been hard at work on the follow-up to 2012′s, MDNA — teased a new song called “Messiah†on Instagram.

She first posted a blurred shot of a lyric-less music sheet for the track, letting fans know the song was “Coming soon……..#promise #keep#sorceress#deep.â€

Three hours later, Madonna then posted a snippet of “Messiah†featuring a string second playing just a few seconds of the song. With the clip she wrote, “Magic makes the people come together yaaaaaaaasssssssssss. #messiah.â€

Madonna has been quietly giving away secrets of her upcoming album via Instagram. Madge posted a photo of her and Diplo in the studio recently, adding in the caption that the producer “got me working all hours of the night in the studio.†Back in March, she also posted shots of herself and Avicii, saying they’d been working together for the week.

One act she isn’t currently working with on her new album is Disclosure, despite what many may have thought from a picture Madonna took with the brothers, Guy and Howard Lawrence.

“She came to our gig at Governors Ball,†Howard explained to Billboard, “and within a few hours, there were articles being written about how we were producing her album — and we had met her that day. How could we even have done that?â€

But don’t lose all hope, the guys say they’d be interested in working with her in the future. Perhaps, the very near future?

DrownedMadonna already confirmed it's hers

Well, of course they did. If they said it was, it must be true! LOL! That said, it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it probably has something to do with ther new album and/or single.

It’s rather genius of Madonna to throw all these tiny tidbits of news. Just the word 'Messiah' is gonna get lots of attention /controversy. And the strings clip looks so promising.

I totally agree. She's been building some hype personally. I'm glad to see some music related sites like Billboard and RollingStone reporting about her new album.

I think it's a good sign that she has senior executive of A&R, Martin Kierszenbaum for Interscope Records tied to the project. Maybe, they'll help push the album to do much better than MDNA.

Luv the MadonnaMessiah buzz on MTV:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1859723/madonna-new-song-snippet-messiah-listen/

Madonna Wants To Be Your Musical ‘Messiah’

Madonna‘s been working on her next album for a few minutes now. That is when she’s not working security for Disclosure.

And while there’s not much information about it so far, on Wednesday morning (July 2) Madge gave us a tantalizing look at what might be coming next. With the message “Coming soon……..#promise #keep#sorceress#deep,†she posted the sheet music for what we’re going to assume is her modestly titled next single “Messiah.â€

Now, we can’t read sheet music, so she helped us out a short time later with a video featuring a string ensemble playing a haunting movie score-like melody. “Magic makes the people come together yaaaaaaaasssssssssss. #messiah,†she wrote.

She ended her spree with a quote from author James Baldwin’s 1965 short story “Sonny’s Blues,†which touches on the importance of art as a means of personal expression. “We have Art in order not to die from the truthâ€nietzsche #jamesbaldwin #artforfreedom,†Madonna counseled...

It’s like “Frozen,†“The Power of Goodbye,†and “Time Stood Still" all over again. I love it!

Speaking of that, something I'm sure a fan slapped together today to pretend they have something exclusive.  The vocals are obviously from "Frozen". Still, it's an interesting teaser: