The LFL GRAMMYS 2015!

groovyguy

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dinagachman/2015/02/09/wheres-beyonce-top-five-2015-grammy-moments-from-tivo/

1. Madonna’s performance of “Living for Love†came in at number one. The woman will probably still be rocking fishnet stockings and corsets on stage when she’s 75 years old – and that’s why we love her. Her matador number might not have been the best performance of her career (or of last night’s Grammys) but she’s Madonna. It’s not like she needs to prove herself anymore. She appears on a stage, we watch.

It's as simple as this: both r inspired in toreros outfits. That's all.

This is true, but there was no real reason for Gabbana to insert himself into the conversation except to tell people he also thought of the idea.

I wonder if they all did sketches for her of the same concept and the best one won.  :lol:

Exclusive: Riccardo Tisci and B. Akerlund on Madonna’s Grammy Outfits
Madge’s go-to designer and stylist talk inspiration, matadors, and sex appeal.
During a mostly dull Grammy awards, Madonna provided a ray of high-fashion light. We have designer Riccardo Tisci and stylist B. Akerlund to thank. Tisci collaborated with Akerlund and Madonna on two custom Givenchy Haute Couture looks—a pastel and black corset dress for the red carpet and a crimson leotard, jacket, and cape for the stage—that brought something extra to the ceremony in a way only Madonna can.
Posted Image
Givenchy Grammy Sketches
Photo courtesy of B. Akerlund

Riccardo Tisci explained:
Madonna is a real life friend and working with her is always effortless, like collaborating with family. We created a Matador inspired set of Haute Couture pieces to match her theme of Living For Love. I loved the idea of her as this Givenchy warrior in full Couture embroidery and color blocking.

Tisci’s creations took 50 people 2500 hours of hand-beading the couture tradition, according to Akerlund, but it was worth it. Tisci said of the performance:
M is famous for knowing how to take a risk in multiple fields at the same time, and as usual, we all saw how it pays off.

B. Akerlund told Style.com:
Me and Madonna love collaborating with [Givenchy] because we did the Super Bowl together, and we thought that it would be perfect to call Riccardo again. They’re really good friends and we thought he’d be perfect to do the iconic [Matador look], and we wanted him both for the performance and the red carpet to do the theme.

The matador inspiration is a continuation from Madonna’s Living For Love video, and although toreadors appeared on the Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2015 runway and in Madonna’s 1994 Take A Bow video, Akerlund wasn’t looking to current or past events for inspiration.

I think the whole relationship between the matador and the bulls is something that we find a beautiful relationship, and [we] played with that—how she’s killing off the bulls and she’s the matador standing in the end. There’s a beautiful story for why the matadors fight the bulls and that also reflects life.

In addition to Givenchy, Madonna wore Miu Miu shoes, Lynn Ban earrings, and rings by Loree Rodkin and Elise Dray to perform and earrings and ring cuff by Yeprem and rings by Lyn Bann on the red carpet.

Akerlund explained that even with shimmering Givenchy couture, there’s no such thing as too much sparkle for the Queen of Pop.
I love bling, so we always have lots of bling up to the last minute. I always like to do bling last because it’s hard to predict what might work for the performance and what she can dance with and all those things factor in the decision making of adding jewelry— everything goes down to the performance, if it works or not.

Madonna’s team and the Givenchy team had been working together on the Grammy looks since Christmastime.
We and the Givenchy team are closely married. It’s a gut feeling. I always go with my gut. I like it, she likes it. If I don’t like it she doesn’t like it. That’s how I weigh it. I’ve worked with her for like nine years now, so I feel like I understand what she likes and it goes along with my personal taste and what I like. We’re definitely in a matador world, and we’re owning it.

Madonna proves she’s still got it
Her album leaked, she scored a social media fail by tweeting doctored pictures of Nelson Mandela and other revered historical figures to promote her album — but Madonna still will not be defeated.

On Sunday night at the 57th Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, she was as good as her word and showed that she was going to carry on by singing her new single “Living For Love,†and lighting up a telecast that was awash with dull ballads.

The 56-year-old dispatched with the shock tactics for once, choosing instead to lead a vibrant, Matador-themed production, complete with dancers wearing bullhorns. The gospel-influenced dance track also happens to be her best in years, a fact that was reflected in the way the buttoned-up music industry crowd inside the Staples Center danced with something approaching pleasure. Madge might be part of the old guard, but she can still work minor miracles now and again.

Posted Image