The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

Madonna breaks down the rigorous work going into her upcoming Rebel Heart tour
Andy Cohen guest-edited EW’s latest issue so of course he had to talk to his favorite pop star Madonna about her massive Rebel Heart tour, which kicks off Sept. 9 in Montreal. By her own estimation, the Material Girl has been spending 10 to 12 hours a day prepping for the string of gigs—a schedule so rigorous that an aide follows her to make sure she stays nourished. “I call her the food police,†Madonna tells Cohen. “ ‘Are you eating? Did you drink enough water?’ I’m like, ‘Bitch, get off my pole!’â€

Speaking of poles, Cohen gets the scoop about the dancing nuns on stripper poles that Madonna teased in Rebel Heart’s trailer. “I just like the juxtaposition,†she says of the risqué routine. “I’m very immersed in deconstructing the concept of sexuality and religion and how it’s not supposed to go together, but in my world it goes together.â€

As for the show itself, Madonna hasn’t revealed much, but she offers some insight about how she balances her setlist with greatest hits like “Vogue†and her new Rebel Heart material. “Of course, the thing Im most excited about doing is my new stuff, because I haven’t done it yet and it’s fresh,†she tells Cohen. “But I realize that people want to hear my older stuff, so for me it’s always a tricky balance trying to keep some kind of continuity, not only with sound, sonically, but also thematically … a lot of times I have to take the songs and turn them inside out and make them more ironic than straightforward.â€

Cohen also inquires about whether Madonna’s 14-year-old son Rocco would appear on the tour. “I think he’s probably gonna work behind the scenes,†she says. “He’s not interested in performing on stage with me right now. There’s way cooler things. Your mom is not that cool when you’re 14.â€

Stay tuned to EW for more scoop from Cohen’s interview with Madonna, along with other juicy stories from his guest-edited issue.

So, judging by the article above, she will perform Vogue as full song. It won't be Holy Water/Vogue mash up.

I doubt she would talk about balancing new material with old hits,  and then deliver a mash up. If there is a mash up, then Vogue probably has a small part. That's hardly a balancing. HW has its Vogue moment anyway. No need for mash up.

Also, there is no chance Vogue would have a bigger part in that mash up. That would ruin HW and I think Madonna wants full HW.

Yeah seems Vogue will be there in full, but it's possible Holy Water flows into Vogue or something.

Found the interview regarding Erotica/Deeper & Deeper CT:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol/rjdurell.htm

MT: When you were approached for contributing to the tour choreographies your were asked to work on a song that did not make the final setlist. Your work eventually ended up as part of the Erotica choreography, but what do you remember about that day you were asked to set up something for Deeper and Deeper?RJ: When I called my agent about making the submission for the Confessions Tour his instructions were to submit a disco partnering routine to Deeper and Deeper one minute in length. Once I booked the tour I was given about four days to prepare my number before I would present it to Madonna. At that time I was given the song Erotica. By the time that I was brought in it had already been decided to use Erotica for the tour.

More REBEL HEART TOUR RUMORS
[again, take this with a grain of salt]
Source: MT forum

- Like a Virgin, Devil Pray and 3 more songs forming the second act in this tour
- Bitch Im Madonna will be remixed for the tour 
- Gaga and Beyonce will appear in the video interlude "Iluminatti"
- "Don't Tell Me" is part of final setlist

Assuming all the rumors are true, the set list will look something like this:

ACT 1 [1 highly likely + 1 rumored + 3 unknown]
1. Iconic [highly likely]
2. Unapologetic Bitch [rumored]

SEX – Video Interlude [rumored]

ACT 2: SEX??? [all rumored]
1. Like A Virgin
2. Holy Water
3. Vogue
4. Deeper & Deeper
5. Devil Pray

Illuminati – Video Interlude [rumored]

ACT 3: LATIN / GYPSY? [#1 rumored; #2-#5 strongly rumored]
1. Living for Love
2. Dress You Up 
3. La Isla Bonita  (With "Spanish Eyes" chords)
4. Who's That Girl  
5. Rebel Heart  [ samples Whole Lotta Love ]

Rescue Me or Nothing Really Matters – Video Interlude

ACT 4: Apocalyptic??? [3 rumored + 2 unknown]
Ghosttown [intro with Between the Bars]
Love Don’t Live Here Anymore
Heartbreak City

Veni Vidi Vici – Video Interlude

ACT 5: Party??? [4 rumored + 1 unknown]
Don’t Tell Me
Music
Holiday

Full interview by Andy Cohen with Madonna on Rebel Heart Tour

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3734-new-ew-interview-for-wwhl/?p=144421

Madonna confirms 4 old songs she will perform on her Rebel Heart Tour:

Dress You Up, Who’s That Girl, Vogue and Holiday!

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3734-new-ew-interview-for-wwhl/?p=144421

She also says in the interview that currently, her favorite RH songs are Ghosttown, Bitch I'm Madonna, Illuminati and Holy Water. So I guess those are pretty much given, as well..

Illuminati is surely an interlude, she cannot do those verses live. She did not want to confirm Holy Water but would be shocking it's not part of the nun-pole dancing thing.

As for the old songs, I guess apart from Who's That Girl it's indeed once again the same hits she's done on the past four tours. With La Isla Bonita & Music almost surely in, it's already 5 songs repeated from Sticky & Sweet 2009...

Ok, sorry, I don't mean to annoy anyone, but I have to say this: it's all very sad for me.

Especially knowing that she thinks songs like Bitch I'm Madonna, Illuminati or Holy Water are CONTROVERSIAL. I mean, bah...

Ok, sorry, I don't mean to annoy anyone, but I have to say this: it's all very sad for me.

Especially knowing that she thinks songs like Bitch I'm Madonna, Illuminati or Holy Water are CONTROVERSIAL. I mean, bah...

Agree. But I think she was talking only about Illuminati and HW. One is nonsensical, the other one is vulgar.

Assuming all the rumors are true, the set list will look something like this:

ACT 1 [1 highly likely + 1 rumored + 3 unknown]
1. Iconic [highly likely]
2. Unapologetic Bitch [rumored]

SEX – Video Interlude [rumored]

ACT 2: SEX??? [all rumored]
1. Like A Virgin
2. Holy Water
3. Vogue
4. Deeper & Deeper
5. Devil Pray

Illuminati – Video Interlude [rumored]

ACT 3: LATIN / GYPSY? [#1 rumored; #2-#5 strongly rumored]
1. Living for Love
2. Dress You Up 
3. La Isla Bonita  (With "Spanish Eyes" chords)
4. Who's That Girl  
5. Rebel Heart  [ samples Whole Lotta Love ]

Rescue Me or Nothing Really Matters – Video Interlude

ACT 4: Apocalyptic??? [3 rumored + 2 unknown]
Ghosttown [intro with Between the Bars]
Love Don’t Live Here Anymore
Heartbreak City

Veni Vidi Vici – Video Interlude

ACT 5: Party??? [4 rumored + 1 unknown]
Bitch I’m Madonna 
Don't Tell Me
Music
Holiday

- Like A Virgin, LDLHA and Dress You Up. Don't Tell Me and Music. Too many songs from 2 albums.

- Spanish Eyes, Rescue Me and Nothing Really Matters - We all want them, but seems like fan's wishes.

- Illuminati would work great as a performance and a video interlude. I doubt it would be an interlude for Latino section, too dark. It would work better with the first section or Apocalypse/War section, if there is such section.

- RH sampling Whole Lotta Love seems bizarre.

- Like A Virgin - I thought it was just an idea, but it fits so well the section with nuns.

RH songs on setlist

I guess these are on the setlist 100%:

1. Iconic

2. Devil Pray

3. Ghosttown

4. Living For Love

5. Unapologetic Bitch

6. S.E.X. (video)

7. Holy Water

8. Bitch I'm Madonna

Not sure about these, some might appear on the setlist:

9. Veni Vidi Vici

10. Inside Out -  I want this, but maybe HBC, as a ballad, would be instead of it.

11. HeartBreakCity

12. Rebel Heart - Before album tracklist was known, fans were like "there is no chance RH would be a bonus song, it has the same title as the album." She could skip it on the tour too.

13. Body Shop

14. Illuminati - interlude?

15. Hold Tight - a single in Italy

16. Joan Of Arc - the first section inspired by her. Geisha section on DWT was inspired by NRM video. Did she perform it?

All these songs could appear on the setlist, but then there is no much place for older songs. Perhaps, she finally decided to increase the number of songs on setlist.