Movie and new album at same time....

Luiz Ribeiro

I hope she has fun making her new music and honestly I don't care if I like it or not as long as she's still making albums. 

I guess I can't imagine her making an album I won't like. I've spent nearly most of her career enjoying everything she released.  Certainly, it doesn't mean I like ever single song, and yes I like some albums better than others. Back in the day, I had no say in how she produced her album, and I wouldn't want it any other way today. It's her vision, not mine. That's what made me a fan.  I became a fan because of her choices and vision, not what I want. There's a plethora of musicians/artists out there, so if Madonna stopped being my cup of tea, I'd find someone else I'd enjoy.  Though, I will admit after all these years being a fan, no one else can dare compete.  She can pretty much fart in a can to the tune of "Holiday", and I'd love it.  :laughing::worship::bananawave::om:

I'm sure she's inspired with everything going on in America right now but as if she'll do something political again, we can't be sure of. Her radio days are long gone thanks to the new system of playing younger acts so I hope this pushes her to give it to them by doing what she wants and a direction she hinted at during RHT/TOAC with a more stripped down, acoustic, less production vibe.

I hope the same amount of promo or close in that range she did with RH continues. It was great seeing her on talk shows, award shows and several magazine spreads rather than NTP of MDNA. I do hope she doesn't have to hound people to finish her tracks as she described the mess it was during RH waiting on people to deliver stems of tracks and being impossible to schedule Diplo and her other collaborators in a session. I think she too misses that creative process. This interview definitely is amazing along with Howard Stern.

I really hope she's not going the acoustic route, she's a pop artist. Id rather have something overproduced and flawed than something lukewarm and.. unexciting?. I haven't liked the latest acoustic arrangements very much tbh (ie Borderline, Holiday...).

I would really love real orchestration somewhere though. For instance songs like Masterpiece would've benefited from real orchestration. If a song needs it then it needs it...

Also the album version of Rebel Heart was acoustic and overly layered while the avicii production was more polished but more stripped down and with those beautiful strings in the chorus. So acoustic doesn't automatically mean stripped down or necessarily better sounding.

I really hope she's not going the acoustic route, she's a pop artist. Id rather have something overproduced and flawed than something lukewarm and.. unexciting?. I haven't liked the latest acoustic arrangements very much tbh (ie Borderline, Holiday...).

I would really love real orchestration somewhere though. For instance songs like Masterpiece would've benefited from real orchestration. If a song needs it then it needs it...

Also the album version of Rebel Heart was acoustic and overly layered while the avicii production was more polished but more stripped down and with those beautiful strings in the chorus. So acoustic doesn't automatically mean stripped down or necessarily better sounding.

I agree about the acoustic arrangements of late. Was anyone else annoyed with the jarring piano arrangement included in the Ellen show performance of Joan Of Arc?

The album version of Rebel Heart was devoid of anything anthemic or ethereal, or that matter hopeful, like the Avicii version.

The only thing I could disagree about the stripped down acoustic route for an album would be the potential for remixes for singles that would take the songs to another, different level. I haven't enjoyed *official* remix from a madonna single since the Ray Of Light era.

And this is probably because I'm old, but part of the brilliance of the LIke A Prayer singles were the complete transformations the singles that did receive remixes took the songs to a completely different place. You have 2-3 radically different versions of the same song.

The song secret also comes to mind when I think of an example of a good remix.

I love the Rebel Heart album, and I've made peace with some of the omissions and differences in the mixes chosen for the final album....

but there some truly overproduced and unnecessarily overhauled songs imo. Borrowed time, and beautiful Scars spring to mind there.

I agree about the acoustic arrangements of late. Was anyone else annoyed with the jarring piano arrangement included in the Ellen show performance of Joan Of Arc?

The album version of Rebel Heart was devoid of anything anthemic or ethereal, or that matter hopeful, like the Avicii version.

The only thing I could disagree about the stripped down acoustic route for an album would be the potential for remixes for singles that would take the songs to another, different level. I haven't enjoyed *official* remix from a madonna single since the Ray Of Light era.

And this is probably because I'm old, but part of the brilliance of the LIke A Prayer singles were the complete transformations the singles that did receive remixes took the songs to a completely different place. You have 2-3 radically different versions of the same song.

The song secret also comes to mind when I think of the piece of a good remix.

I love the Rebel Heart album, and I've made piece with some of the omissions and differences in the mixes chosen for the final album....

but there some truly overproduced and unnecessarily overhauled songs imo. Borrowed time, and beautiful Scars spring to mind there.

Totally agree tbh

Borrowed Time is fine tho, I prefer the avicii demo but the final version is not bad at all. Beautiful Scars was a surprise when I listened to it for the first time, they turned a lovely emotional song into a disco production... k.  :thinker: For a remix it would've been fine, but as the real version it sounded wrong.

What a pity that not even Diplo could do a remix of a track. It's like the remixers had no time to work on the remixes cos they came out very basic. Really the least interesting remixes she's ever had.

With JOA from Ellen do you mean the last chorus? That's Monte's guitar not piano... I don't dislike it tbh, what's jarring about that song is the beat they put into the album version which changes the tone of what she's singing.

Yes, RH was full of little changes that made some of the songs.. weird or took away from their potential...

Let's hope she will stick to her vision next time even if it leaks and doesn't panic. 

I think this time movie will be again before the album.

Everyone says the contract ends in 2018, and assumes that before that date she has to make the new album and the tour. But they can agree to release the album at the end of that year and the tour on 2019. 

And about the tour everyday Im most sure that will be like "Tears of a clown".

ok, now, isn't it too early to be scared? what if, for example, she already wrote new tracks while she was working on the screenplay? what if her new music is intended to be connected to the movie (wich would be a clever move to get some real attention to it)? I mean, we don't have anything clear yet, let's give her a chance  :wink:

(anyway, to be honest and fair, if this is really going to be like MDNA, OF COURSE it would make me very very angry too!!!)

She always get inspired and writes new music when she tours! 

21077294_1564937150243820_73637623332945With every new studio album she takes a venture to new trends, inspirations, directions... Just hope no more tracks ft  Pharell!! But guess we can all agree whatever she does it will be back to the 80s when you get a version of a track ( or two) as all will be watertight when she records new material! 

Will she repeat the mega success of COAD? 

Tick tock tick tock....

Once again, some are re-writing the narrative or making more of what has been said and done.  Madonna being inspired by certain cultures isn't anything new. Certainly and historically, a shift in her inspiration with music was notably with Ray of Light. But even then, it wasn't a drastic change of what she had already been exploring. The music wasn't just made up that culture's music.  Furthermore, being "inspired" to work on something, doesn't mean she's going to rush out and do it this minute.  She simply stated that her current surroundings is a wonderful place to gather fresh ideas for her future upcoming projects. I certainly didn't think that just because she said she was "inspired" to work on a new album, she meant she was doing it now.  The same goes for the movie.  No doubt, she's soaking up the culture. It could be another year before anything is even started.  What we do know is that Madonna writes constantly.  I'm sure she's gathering ideas now to take in the studio in the near future.  I pretty much assume, her main focus will be on "Loved" before working on the album.  It certainly doesn't mean she can't do both or won't do both.  She's never just focused only on one project all the time.  The big difference these days is that she has a family she prefers to spend as much as time as possible with.