Movie and new album at same time....

Luiz Ribeiro

Let's not forget, "Like A Prayer", the album, was pretty much made in a couple of weeks, according to Patrick Leonard. 

Yes, but he was talking about demos, not producing.

... I can't figure out what the sentence "It's time to conquer the world from a different vantage point!!" was intended to mean anyway  :thinker: 

It could imply that her album will also be a soundtrack for the movie. It could work, if the album won't be Evita or something similar.

She also could be more artistic and creative this time and focus on music quality and critics instead of making something that could be on the charts.

It's pretty self explanatory. She's simply meaning to continue her success, but from a different part of the world.  Allowing that part of the world to give her new perspective

When she says success, I hope she is talking about critical acclaim.

I think the new album will be beautiful they"re maybe some beautiful island songs... 

I doubt Portugal will be a main theme or even referenced. She also planned to make RH an album about revolution, freedom and stuff, but changed the concept later.

I hope she makes a whole album like Bitch I'm Madonna so people can eat their ageist comments. It would be full of bops  :polish:

But there is nothing ageist about not liking BIM or thinking it is trash.  :)

Adding to your comments.... Those who think she "doesn't" 'care about the music' are bitter fans who are stuck in one or two eras. No one produces an album with over 50 demos and tour 80 shows for 6 months and not care.  I don't believe she ever stopped caring.  Just because some fans don't like an album or two of hers that didn't smash like her earlier albums, doesn't mean she doesn't care. I understand some believe MDNA is an album where she lost focus, and assume she stopped caring. I disagree. There was a lot of passion put in a lot of those songs and the tour.  This is the same woman who said after several tours, she would never do it again. That was over 20 years ago, yet she's still making music and putting on huge budget tours. If that isn't a woman who doesn't care about the music, then I don't know what is? 

But MDNA album and era could have been much bigger. She wasn't that involved, Orbit pointed that out, we know many songs were ditched demos. There were brilliant moments like I'm Addicted and then there was Superstar next to it. Yes, there was passion, but there were also moments when she didn't care and just wanted to get over with it. MDNA had many songs with great lyrics, but also many bad ones. 

She invited interesting artists like M.I.A. to work on a fucking B-day song. Really? Were Lizzie McGuire and Hannah Montana busy at that time?

She definitely was passionate about MDNA tour and no one can deny that. Maybe too much focused on it, because she went straight from album to touring.

RH was a different story.

Anyway, she has to think about singles too. In the 2010s, all her singles were chosen because they had some chance to be on charts. Not even one of her best songs in this period was released as a single. Ghostown was OK, but there were superior songs to it.

Sorry, but I personally believe Orbit was being whiny and pissed he didn't get more time to work with Madonna.  I'm sure he was hoping to do something on the level of RAY OF LIGHT again. Sorry, you can't recreate that magic.  Maybe she was busy with other things while recording MDNA, but so was she with pretty much every other album she recorded, especially early on in her career. 

As for "Singles", they are pretty much DOA for her.  Record companies will push for something that will be pretty generic and public friendly.  And not that she's going to get any radio support, they will always pick songs that will be pop friendly and/or has a younger and hipper popular artist featured with her.  

I'm all for Madonna and success, but I believe her top 10 single days are over.  It has nothing to do with the quality of her output with the last few albums, besides, "Ghosttown" is a wonderful song, and if any other pop act released that song that was 30 years younger than her, it would have been huge. Her albums will always make a huge splash when first released. 

Madonna is best to focus on recording the album, and lining up profitable gigs/concerts and possibly tying her songs to films, TV and/or other forms of media or products.  That's where the money will be for her. 

Sorry, but I personally believe Orbit was being whiny and pissed he didn't get more time to work with Madonna.  I'm sure he was hoping to do something on the level of RAY OF LIGHT again. Sorry, you can't recreate that magic.  Maybe she was busy with other things while recording MDNA, but so was she with pretty much every other album she recorded, especially early on in her career. 

As for "Singles", they are pretty much DOA for her.  Record companies will push for something that will be pretty generic and public friendly.  And not that she's going to get any radio support, they will always pick songs that will be pop friendly and/or has a younger and hipper popular artist featured with her.  

I'm all for Madonna and success, but I believe her top 10 single days are over.  It has nothing to do with the quality of her output with the last few albums, besides, "Ghosttown" is a wonderful song, and if any other pop act released that song that was 30 years younger than her, it would have been huge. Her albums will always make a huge splash when first released. 

Madonna is best to focus on recording the album, and lining up profitable gigs/concerts and possibly tying her songs to films, TV and/or other forms of media or products.  That's where the money will be for her. 

But Liam, RH demos are so GREAT and magic. She can do some magic again if she wants, and with Orbit on the prodution.   I just love RH demos....she was on point again.... 

I agree but you gotta admit that writing, directing and editing a film is not the same as acting in a film. Orbit also called her out very publicly for being distracted during the making of MDNA, so there's something to that. Of course she cares but MDNA was a very... relaxed album. For the standards she set for herself anyway.

Yes, I realize that directing is much more involved, but Filth and Wisdom, IABWA both happened during or around the making of Hard Candy (the most polarizing era of Madonna's entire career, even more so than Erotica was, imo.)

We can nitpick about quality and a relaxed work ethic in the studio all we want, but sometimes someone else's words can describe how I'm feeling infinitely better than my own, and at other times only my own words can express what I'm going through. Madonna is a human being with many layers that may never be revealed, just like the rest of us. Perhaps the artistic expression from the MDNA era was better expressed through film.

Before we start harping on what will take away from her new music, maybe we should read the source material of Loved, and see how the story could immeasurably inspire greatness for the music.

Let's not forget that the filming of Evita helped madonna find her voice for Ray of Light.

It's time to try and look at her artistic expressions as 2 or 3 different artists, and look at her as a whole.

But Liam, RH demos are so GREAT and magic. She can do some magic again if she wants, and with Orbit on the prodution.   I just love RH demos....she was on point again.... 

It's pretty subjective.  I personally had no issue with MDNA. I enjoy the fun songs that many blow off and call crap.  I also prefer to stick to the actual albums as that is her vision. I like the Demos, but not all of them are up to snuff.  Songs like Messiah, Masterpiece and Love Spent are very beautiful songs that are better than many of those demos. Some act like she dropped the ball with MDNA, but there are some fantastic songs on that album that show a lot of heart and soul on her part.  Again, I think Orbit was hoping to recreate some magic and spend more time with her, but he wasn't the only producer and writer she worked with. 

Orbit's songs are by far the best, but yes part of his criticism of her is probably him blaming her for the feedback he got on social media, which isn't too classy. I think he was absolutely right about the mixing and mastering though. The album could've sounded way better. The album needed more time and work on it, even with the same songs.

People crap on Bitch i'm Madonna when musically it is more creative than GGW could ever be, which is a generic EDM instrumental with common chords and word salad lyrics. The performance on the tour though slayed my whole existence so there's that also. It was Celebration Part 2 I guess.

And don't get me started on M.I.A. cos I don't wanna go off.  :polish:

Thank God for Rebel Heart. The first time I heard the title song my whole world transformed, my skin cleared, my crops got watered and my children were fed. And then she didn't release it as the lead single. but at least it exists. 

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt this time around. She did have a lot of stress that year because she was also crafting the Superbowl halftime show. I think even that delayed her tour. The era was sped up a bit, since GMAYL leaked. I do remember them having to change the tracklist even after the halftime scenario with M.I.A. I do think she learned a lot from that era. I could only imagine her pretending it never existed because sis did not even perform a single song from that era on her RHT. 

If anything, sis needs to secure her music, so she doesn't rush with her music. Her shit keeps leaking. As long as they don't leak, she doesn't have to worry about the creative process and take as much time as she needs. That happened to this era, too. 

Leaking is a definite problem. Nothing stays in one spot probably anymore. She did say I'm an interview that she had Diplo send her stems to a song(s) and God only knows where those stems were kept and where she was working on them at. And once some crazed fan finds out, they will start snooping for anything they can get, if they have the ability to.

Maybe America just isn't the right place for her right now. Too politically charged. Which I'm sure a song or five will be political, what artist isn't these days, but there's one thing I think Lady Gaga got right back at the Super Bowl that I think other artists are forgetting. That sometimes music is a get away from political turmoil among other personal issues. It would be refreshing for Madonna to just have a Confessions moment. Not style wise, just a cal back to the Dancefloor and less call to the front line.

Maybe America just isn't the right place for her right now. Too politically charged. Which I'm sure a song or five will be political, what artist isn't these days, but there's one thing I think Lady Gaga got right back at the Super Bowl that I think other artists are forgetting. That sometimes music is a get away from political turmoil among other personal issues. It would be refreshing for Madonna to just have a Confessions moment. Not style wise, just a cal back to the Dancefloor and less call to the front line.

It's pure privilege to be "apolitical" in this moment in time, so I'm not sure I would like that.

You touched on one important point: the leaks. Perhaps what we know of the final issue of Rebel heart is not what she had in mind. Do you remember the history of the double cd? One called "Heart" with the ballads and the other called "Rebel" with the electronics? Going that was true .... goes that would be OTHER songs worked like single, like "Wash All over Me" and "Addicted", or even "I'll Never Let You Go".

I hope she does more music with real Instruments, i don't need that shitty Sound like any other Artists do!!!

I think she will loose it, when she try to do Music & Sounds like Taylor Swift or others do...

So i'm happy she moved to Portugal, that gives her new Inspiration in Music!!

And NO i do not need a Movie from her!!!! She can do that when she's 74...or older  :tongue:

she's always been both. confessions had its undertones too, especially live.

And NO i do not need a Movie from her!!!! She can do that when she's 74...or older  :tongue:

Until that times comes around and you say the same thing, but change it to "84".  LOL!  Anyway, I say let her do what she wants now!  I certainly don't want her to rush into making an album until she is good and ready.