groovyguy

Does anyone else feel as though they have a 'hangover' from this whole situation? I know that this may sound a little extreme, but it was so shocking seeing M fall down that firstly the concern for her, and then mourning her 'immaculate return' performance. I know that M fully picked herself up and that in itself is immaculate - but the whole performance for me is marred by knowing/thinking what must be going through her mind throughout the rest of the song. Her disappointment. For me it makes the whole perforce kind of sad.

When watching it on TV, in the lead up to the removal of the cape, all I could think about was the Grammys mishap and how nothing like that could or would happen again… and then that! It felt as though something was bound to happen, almost.

It's like I can't even listen to LFL again just yet… let alone watch the performance again. It's like i'm in mourning for what the 'real' response to the performance would have been. A little extreme, I know lol!

On a big positive, I am a teacher and LOADS of my hundreds of students (teenagers) in school have been mentioning M and commenting on this - many in a good way. I am not sure how much exposure these kids would have had to M before all of this.

I'm the opposite. I just CAN'T stop watching the performance. I'm hypnotized by it. Mersmerized by it. 

But I feel you with the hangover feeling. Ive been sleeping really badly over it. The moment it happened it was a huge shock, yet I could feel something bad would happen.

What was the grammys mishap though?

I'm the opposite. I just CAN'T stop watching the performance. I'm hypnotized by it. Mersmerized by it. 

But I feel you with the hangover feeling. Ive been sleeping really badly over it. The moment it happened it was a huge shock, yet I could feel something bad would happen.

OMG my story tbh. When I watch the performance unfortunately I have this bad feeling of the fall but I just can't stop watching it, the show is so epic! And I also slept really bad that night.

one of her shoulder pads was hanging

Maybe I just need to watch it again then - but when watching it live all i could think - and I can't imagine thinking in future - was what she must have been thinking and feeling. Makes me sad :( Do you think she was completely overtaken by a 'let's fuck this shit up and finish this properly" attitude?

With the Grammy's I was referring to the shoulder pad. I can't watch that performance without focusing fully on that floppy shoulder pad! Such a release when she takes the jacket off!

Maybe I just need to watch it again then - but when watching it live all i could think - and I can't imagine thinking in future - was what she must have been thinking and feeling. Makes me sad :( Do you think she was completely overtaken by a 'let's fuck this shit up and finish this properly" attitude?

With the Grammy's I was referring to the shoulder pad. I can't watch that performance without focusing fully on that floppy shoulder pad! Such a release when she takes the jacket off!

Yes you could tell she was like "fuck it lets kill it" afterwards haha. She gave so much more energy than at the Grammys. 

I didn't notice the shoulder pad at all until now that I googled pictures of it lol

Yes you could tell she was like "fuck it lets kill it" afterwards haha. She gave so much more energy than at the Grammys. 

I didn't notice the shoulder pad at all until now that I googled pictures of it lol

On first watch I didn't notice it until I read it somewhere on hear lol… sorry - ignorance actually IS bliss  :laughing:

OK… I'm going to watch it again (deep breaths lol)

OMG, now I see it too. Didn't notice that before :cryin:

Posted Image

OK, so I just watched it back for the first time since it was on live and...

M actually seems/looks quite happy in many places. Do you guys think that she was actually really proud of herself. LOVE the look on her face at the end. But she now says that it was and is a "nightmare" for everyone… so she could not have actually been that pleased. :suffer:

But then some part of her surely is at least a little pleased that she wiped everyone else off the radar!

That fall - despite all of the recent notoriety and positive energy - is still  :broken:  for me.

Giorgio Armani says the bull fighter's cape that brought down Madonna during a live performance at Brit Awards was meant to be closed with an easy-to-undo hook. She wanted it tied instead.

"Madonna, as we all know, is very difficult," Armani said with a smile and a shrug backstage after his Emporio Armani show. "That's all there was to it."

:drama: