Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

None of those jokes were making fun of what happened to her.

I literally think that picture of Madonna looks like her. I shouldn’t be allowed to say that because she died? Look at all the standup comedians that have made fun of Anne Frank, and they’re a lot meaner than any jokes made here. There’s a difference between jokes made with cruel intent and jokes that just call to someone that most people know as a reference point.  These jokes aren’t even about Jonbenet  - the butt of the jokes is the doctored photo. 

This has gone far enough I have given all three of you a warning. This is a community that I value and others also, and those values are respect  - making fun, or poking fun of the death of an innocent child whether director or indirect is not a value I or this community upholds.

Please do think about how your posts are interpreted and whether they meet the standards and values we as a community value and uphold

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

This has gone far enough I have given all three of you a warning. This is a community that I value and others also, and those values are respect  - making fun, or poking fun of the death of an innocent child whether director or indirect is not a value I or this community upholds.

Please do think about how your posts are interpreted and whether they meet the standards and values we as a community value and uphold

I’m fine with not talking about her anymore, but I think people need to stop being so sensitive, and I don’t feel I did anything wrong by saying that photo looks like her. 

7 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

so beautiful ....... put this photo in dress you up when you can......... please...... thank you......

Yeah but she speaks the truth ....songs now all sound homogeneous again and audiences lap it up like no tomorrow 

We all want difference in an era of familiarity where familiarity is seen as exciting haha

And of course it's a fab pic 

7 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

i dont think so

maybe are all very commercial songs and very few not...... but i love the today pop music the same like always.......

Think that's where we differ a bit a lot of today's mainstream is very ....I split up with my bf/relationship issues and things which I can't relate to 

I prefer clever lyricism with very out there beats 🫶

2 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Think that's where we differ a bit a lot of today's mainstream is very ....I split up with my bf/relationship issues and things which I can't relate to 

in a very pop person

love clever lyricism too but i think there is space for both

pure pop songs and more deep ones.....

love pop/commercial culture.......

3 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

in a very pop person

love clever lyricism too but i think there is space for both

pure pop songs and more deep ones.....

love pop/commercial culture.......

Yeah but Ariana and a lot of contemporary artists are certainly beige for my taste I do enjoy Billie Eyelash and Doja Cat vibes Sza too is interesting and lil nas X too but yeah 

3 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Billie Eyelash and Doja Cat vi

love them too....

cardi b and slayyyter too....

what i always think is that M is very original and i love it....... horrible sales are so low........ i think that if a today singer will put out a Rebel heart album or a madame x album the sales will be very very high....,. so sad we live in a era where people follow other people without using the brain.....,

On 2/24/2024 at 4:22 PM, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Are any users here black? I would like to hear a perspective other than all white people. Grills come from black culture

I don't usually get drawn into nonsense like this, but that ridiculous comment is probably the most racist comment I've seen on here. With that way of thinking  black people can't comment on Madonna's looks as she's white or her hair because it's blonde!

You win the award for being an absolute moron :clapp:

2 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I agree with one caveat.  Do we have to be going through the exact same circumstance to relate to another human?  Sometimes the meaning of a song is deeper than lyrics.  Sade's Skin is about childhood molestation to me.  Most likely, that was not her intent.  I did not love my mother at five, but I can still relate to the feeling of loss in Promise to Try, Mother/Father, Oh Father and Inside of Me.  Thankfully, the central theme of a song is often left open ended.