Things I loved about the 2010s

madgefan

I loved this decade. It had my favorite tours in it and videos like Ghosttown and Medellin. She looked absolutely beautiful. She pushed herself theatrically, cinematically, artistically, and emotionally. Great thread. Here's to Madonna and the next decade! 

The 2012 Golden Globes awards...

"We've got a lot of competition. Madonna hasn't got a fucking chance." - Elton John

But Madonna wins anyway.

At the same awards ceremony giving the ultimate clapback to Ricky Gervais who introduced Madonna with the words "She's just like a virgin":

"If I'm still a virgin, Ricky, why don't you come over here and do something about it. I haven't kissed a girl in a few years... on TV."

The 2012 MDNA Tour...

Elton John again laid into Madonna, branding her a “nightmare” who dresses like a “fairground stripper”. He also said she had lost her credibility as an artist and claimed her MDNA tour had been a “disaster”.

The MDNA Tour created immense success at the box office and many venues were instantly sold out. It was dubbed as the highest-grossing tour of 2012 by Billboard. The tour grossed $305.2 million from 88 sold-out shows, becoming the tenth highest-grossing tour of all time and surpassing Celine Dion's Taking Chances World Tour as the second highest-grossing tour among female artists, behind Madonna's own Sticky & Sweet Tour. Madonna broke the record for occupying the top two highest-grossing female tours of all time. Madonna accepted the Top Touring Artist of the year at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, where she grumbled about the height of her mic:

"They obviously think I’m shorter than I am, I’m not happy about that."

Then she removes her sunglasses, uses Will.I.Am as her gofer and the crowd just loves it.

If 2012 was a year in which people wondered if Madonna still mattered, then she showed everyone just how phenomenal she really is, taking her career to new heights. So 2012 is a year I really love, with Madonna showing everyone else how it's done.

Guest Ashley
30 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

Among other beautiful moments, I think hearing True Blue live on the ukelele is one of my highlights

Especially when she dedicated it to Debi Mazar. 

debi mazar madonna GIF

Quick 2010-20 preferred moments.

Getty-Images-472241830.jpg Getty-Images-528536700-master.jpg Madonna-175.jpg spl355873-020.jpg spl1214512-001.jpg

Image0011.jpg

I’ll add Borderline at Fallon as a preferred.

d829c1f0-5ab0-11e9-bed6-a4185073b191.jpg

All the Mert Marcus shoots for this period & Luigi Iango

00.jpg 2015-VERSACE-8.jpg 57762-08-122-1079lo.jpg 160949212-08-122-97lo.jpg celebgate-co-madonna-sexy-see-thru-linge iu.png madonna.jpg

Videos:

GGW, Ghosttown, God Control

The Rebel Heart tour 

22854514.jpg

and the MDNA rehearsal footage.

Schermata-2020-01-02-alle-12-00-26.png

Right now I cannot think of any relevant interview for this decade, I find her to be a bit redundant lately. But maybe I missed THE interview. The billboard award speech was good though.