Ghosttown - Single Thread

groovyguy

Just a simple question: who's gonna buy Ghosttown ??? Fans already owns it and I don't think they are/can download it again just to support M. General public had the change to download it since late Dec, to...

This is gonna be a huge, huge flop.

Making a decent digital EP would be the way to go. Making all the goodies "album only". I would buy that.

1) Ghosttown (Single edit- version- mix - whatever u wanna call it)

2) Ghosttown (Live - on any of the shows shes been lately or whatever) 

3) Ghosttown (Orchestral, acoustic, stripped down, whatever)

4) Remix 1 - a decent radio remix

5) Maybe throw in a b-side, its not like she doesn't have material

Building momentum with the video, digital release, maybe a limited ed physical single, and some promo needs to be done too. 

I'll only buy it if a physical cdsingle is released. I don't like digital only releases. I don't care at all if it's gonna be a success or a huge flop like u suggest. For me, Ghosttown is one of the best songs of her whole career, that's what matters to me. And i'm really happy it's released as a single with its video.

I'll only buy it if a physical cdsingle is released. I don't like digital only releases. I don't care at all if it's gonna be a success or a huge flop like u suggest. For me, Ghosttown is one of the best songs of her whole career, that's what matters to me. And i'm really happy it's released as a single with its video.

but wouldnt you like it if she had a hit? I think she deserves it. I would help her achieve it, if only her team put effort into it.

Making a decent digital EP would be the way to go. Making all the goodies "album only". I would buy that.

1) Ghosttown (Single edit- version- mix - whatever u wanna call it)

2) Ghosttown (Live - on any of the shows shes been lately or whatever) 

3) Ghosttown (Orchestral, acoustic, stripped down, whatever)

4) Remix 1 - a decent radio remix

5) Maybe throw in a b-side, its not like she doesn't have material

Building momentum with the video, digital release, maybe a limited ed physical single, and some promo needs to be done too. 

a five-letter word: Q U E E N ! The only way.

Just a simple question: who's gonna buy Ghosttown ??? Fans already owns it and I don't think they are/can download it again just to support M. General public had the change to download it since late Dec, to...

This is gonna be a huge, huge flop.

Sorry but the general public never heard of this song before and this is why they did not buy it.

French radio stations started playing the song last week and it's been in the top 50 of i-tunes chart for one full week. I suppose the more exposure this song will get the more the general public will buy it. Just like for any song of any artist.

Do you only buy songs of artists you are a fan of ? I don't.

You have to let people hear the song and like it before they go and buy it.

Sorry but the general public never heard of this song before and this is why they did not buy it.

French radio stations started playing the song last week and it's been in the top 50 of i-tunes chart for one full week. I suppose the more exposure this song will get the more the general public will buy it. Just like for any song of any artist.

It hasn't been released yet, that's why he asked that question

You're right though but you also have to consider that in many territories the main radios will not play her, so she has to come hard for it, instead of tip toeing around things. 

An excellent video will help with internet word of mouth which is very important, and a single format that the fans will buy will certainly help give it a boost for it to reach the general public, getting it somewhere on the charts helps and fan sales can do the initial work. :) But the fans already have the song, so she has to resell it to them on an attractive package, digital EP like the one I posted is the way other artists do it.

Are you going to download the song again just because it's a single, now ?

The song is out there since Dec and every media talked about the leak and every media talked about the 6 songs released after the leak. I don't think only fans have downloaded the track since then...