What kind of changes will we see for the European leg of Madame X?

Voguerista

If the show goes on, what kind of changes and/or additions or subtractions do you think or hope we'll see happen for the Madame X tour for the European leg? Currently, how do you feel and what do you predict?

I think we'll see the return of "Sodade" for one. I also don't think we'll see Madonna doing stairs. I hope not anyway. 

I think a few themes will be tone down, such as the whole Gun Control issue and addressing the U.S. issues.  Though, she could easily substitute some of that with more worldly issues.

I think the inclusion of Sodade would be awesome again, but I"m sure it will simply be added just for the night Dino D'Santiago.

The stairs... I'm not sure a lot will be changed, but you can bet she won't be climbing that ladder. 

I'm just curious is Lisbon will be filmed.  I suspect the fans attending will be on the look out for more cameras around than usual.  I suspect she would address it since her show is about reducing the use of cameras from the fans. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

The main alteration should be to reduce the pressures put on her knee, of course.

Setlist wise, I would love it if she added Easy Ride, What It Feels Like For a Girl and a full performance of Rescue Me with the Batukadeiras.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The main alteration should be to reduce the pressures put on her knee, of course.

Setlist wise, I would love it if she added Easy Ride, What It Feels Like For a Girl and a full performance of Rescue Me with the Batukadeiras.

I agree regarding the knee.

Oh, could you imagine Guy's reaction to "adding" more songs to the setlist?  Remember, it's too long? LOL! 

Personally, I like the setlist as is. Though, I rather Sodade be put back in.  From the audios I've listened to, that was one of her best pure and live vocals.

1 hour ago, diesel6888 said:

I doubt there will be any changes TBH. why would she change the songs like God Control? Yes they are political for the US but they are from the new album she is promoting.... Id rather she didn't change it as at least it may be a bit more polished by now!

I do agree she probably isn't going to change much, though God Control is a bit geared toward the U.S. political system. Yeah, I guess she could keep it, but I think she might tone it down some as it never looks good when a public figure who is a U.S. citizen, to start criticizing one's home country.  But to me, the topic of Guns still can be discussed as that is a world issue and U.S. still needs to "wake up" to what is happening.

10 hours ago, MarXus said:

I do agree she probably isn't going to change much, though God Control is a bit geared toward the U.S. political system. Yeah, I guess she could keep it, but I think she might tone it down some as it never looks good when a public figure who is a U.S. citizen, to start criticizing one's home country.  But to me, the topic of Guns still can be discussed as that is a world issue and U.S. still needs to "wake up" to what is happening.

I dont think people in Europe will see it as criticizing they will see it as activism. We have a long history of protesting in Europe so I dont see this being and issue whats so ever. I also think she of all people with tone it down lol!

31 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

I dont think people in Europe will see it as criticizing they will see it as activism. We have a long history of protesting in Europe so I dont see this being and issue whats so ever. I also think she of all people with tone it down lol!

European protesting is a lot more intelligent and well considered compared to North American activism and protests. That's the difference. 

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

European protesting is a lot more intelligent and well considered compared to North American activism and protests. That's the difference. 

I wouldn't go that far. The riots in France recently, the Poll Tax Riots in the 80s in the UK and many many more exmples that contradict this. What I am saying is I don't think people in Europe will be annoyed shes talking about gun control. Its something that makes total sense.....

8 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

I wouldn't go that far. The riots in France recently, the Poll Tax Riots in the 80s in the UK and many many more exmples that contradict this. What I am saying is I don't think people in Europe will be annoyed shes talking about gun control. Its something that makes total sense.....

I still consider those riots and affrays a lot more sophisticated then North American protesting of holding up a placard, chanting something to seem woke, then heading off to Starbucks and being a total hypocrite which seems the case with most North American activists. 

l could her adding and removing songs for the European leg personally id love to see her add songs like

• Holiday/Celebration Medley(Kool & The Gang Version)(Would work well before Crave)
  • Ray Of Light(Would also work well before Crave) 
  • Live To Tell(Would work well after Dark Ballet or Frozen)
  • Easy Ride or X-Static Process(Would work well after American Life or replace it all together)
  • You Must Love Me(Would work well in the fado section)

10 hours ago, diesel6888 said:

Oh, I was referring to the people in the U.S., may take great offense.  It's one thing to be in your own country protesting and criticizing what is going on, but outside, Americans seem to take more offense.

Anyway, that whole performance is very U.S. centered, so I would think it would have to be changed up a bit, to generalize the gun problems elsewhere. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
37 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

l could her adding and removing songs for the European leg personally id love to see her add songs like

• Holiday/Celebration Medley(Kool & The Gang Version)(Would work well before Crave)
  • Ray Of Light(Would also work well before Crave) 
  • Live To Tell(Would work well after Dark Ballet or Frozen)
  • Easy Ride or X-Static Process(Would work well after American Life or replace it all together)
  • You Must Love Me(Would work well in the fado section)

Rescue Me and Easy Ride were the only ones I was literally praying to hear on this tour, but Ray of Light and Live to Tell could be good additions. Just please no guitar version of Ray of Light again :Madonna047:

45 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Rescue Me and Easy Ride were the only ones I was literally praying to hear on this tour, but Ray of Light and Live to Tell could be good additions. Just please no guitar version of Ray of Light again :Madonna047:

Yeah I'm kind of done with the whole rock & roll guitar Madonna I really want her full on raving to Ray Of Light 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, louis.exe said:

Yeah I'm kind of done with the whole rock & roll guitar Madonna I really want her full on raving to Ray Of Light 

Ray of Light sampling The Prodigy’s “No Good [Start the Dance]” on a tour is my dream.