Jump to content

Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW


New_Boy
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The remaster tag was removed from Angel

That's quite interesting.  My guess is what some already mention that the remix got remastered for FEL for consideration to be included, but just didn't make it on the album. It would be interesting to see which CAC remix got remastered as I'm sure that was considered?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Donna said:

That's quite interesting.  My guess is what some already mention that the remix got remastered for FEL for consideration to be included, but just didn't make it on the album. It would be interesting to see which CAC remix got remastered as I'm sure that was considered?

Possibly the Silver Screen Single Mix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Donna said:

That's quite interesting.  My guess is what some already mention that the remix got remastered for FEL for consideration to be included, but just didn't make it on the album. It would be interesting to see which CAC remix got remastered as I'm sure that was considered?

Also can Emily or Johann get off the anniversary stuff and start releasing singles by demand? We already get Cherish in August 1 why not Causing A Commotion in May?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

We already get Cherish in August 1 why not Causing A Commotion in May?

There's something going on with entire era of Who's That Girl and even True Blue that Madonna does push those singles releases down in queue. She's not eager to release them, and you probably need to wait at least a year for another loop of singles :02:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Also can Emily or Johann get off the anniversary stuff and start releasing singles by demand? We already get Cherish in August 1 why not Causing A Commotion in May?

You do realize Emily doesn't exist?  LOL!   Also, there is more to it than just some webmaster uploading her music/videos to platforms.  There is a process here (and I'm sure you know this). 

And why not release things as the anniversary of the songs come along?  After all, it's not like it's a significant anniversary year. It's been 39 years for Angel/Into The Groove. It's not like they are specifically sticking to 25th, 30th, 40th or 50th timeline here. 

I've said this before along with a few other members here, they are simply slow dripping these additions to keep things happening. If we just do it your way and get everything all at once, then there would be nothing new to update the streaming and digital platforms with, other than whenever she decides to produce something new.  This way, these platforms are constantly being updated, generating more traffic to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Donna said:

You do realize Emily doesn't exist.  Also, there is more to it than just some webmaster uploading her music to platforms.  There is a process here (and I'm sure you know this). 

And why not release things as the anniversary of the songs come along?  After all, it's not like it's a significant anniversary year. It's been 39 years for Angel/Into The Groove. It's not like they are specifically sticking to 25th, 30th, 40th or 50th timeline here. 

I've said this before along with a few other members here, they are simply slow dripping these additions to keep things happening. If we just do it your way and get everything all at once, then there would be nothing new to update the streaming and digital platforms with, other than whenever she decides to produce something new.  This way, these platforms are constantly being updated, generating more traffic to them.

I agree completely, things working this way,  little by little are more exciting I think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Donna said:

You do realize Emily doesn't exist?  LOL!   Also, there is more to it than just some webmaster uploading her music/videos to platforms.  There is a process here (and I'm sure you know this). 

And why not release things as the anniversary of the songs come along?  After all, it's not like it's a significant anniversary year. It's been 39 years for Angel/Into The Groove. It's not like they are specifically sticking to 25th, 30th, 40th or 50th timeline here. 

I've said this before along with a few other members here, they are simply slow dripping these additions to keep things happening. If we just do it your way and get everything all at once, then there would be nothing new to update the streaming and digital platforms with, other than whenever she decides to produce something new.  This way, these platforms are constantly being updated, generating more traffic to them.

I know she doesn't exist lol but I agree I'm just impatient lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I know she doesn't exist lol but I agree I'm just impatient lol

I get you!  I can relate, but I also know that for most of these additions, I have them all in my own collection.  At the same time, I prefer the dripping method because like mentioned, it keeps things happening on her platforms, driving more people to them. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

There's something going on with entire era of Who's That Girl and even True Blue that Madonna does push those singles releases down in queue. She's not eager to release them, and you probably need to wait at least a year for another loop of singles :02:

Unfortunately 'Who's That Girl' and 'American Pie' will always get similar treatment from Madonna because the associating films didn't do well.

However I think we will at least get Causing A Commotion this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who’s That Girl was very much Madonna at her lowest point when her marriage was not going well and the relationship, which only lasted two years and she filed for divorce Dec 87 a few days after The Look Of Love was released. The marriage was in its baron wasteland. She withdrew and tried for another year in 88 while her career was sorta on hold and the divorce went through early 89 before Like A Prayer. The whole era probably feels too painful. Causing A Commotion has always been about her relationship with Sean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Who’s That Girl was very much Madonna at her lowest point when her marriage was not going well and the relationship, which only lasted two years and she filed for divorce Dec 87 a few days after The Look Of Love was released. The marriage was in its baron wasteland. She withdrew and tried for another year in 88 while her career was sorta on hold and the divorce went through early 89 before Like A Prayer. The whole era probably feels too painful. Causing A Commotion has always been about her relationship with Sean. 

I don't believe it has anything to do with her failing marriage.  I think the real association is that it's the same title of a poorly received film.  It's too bad though because I think most die hard fans still adore the film, even though we all pretty much agree it was ridiculously over the top and not a great film. Still, I love the movie and Niki Finn is one of my favorite movie characters from her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Donna said:

I don't believe it has anything to do with her failing marriage.  I think the real association is that it's the same title of a poorly received film.  It's too bad though because I think most die hard fans still adore the film, even though we all pretty much agree it was ridiculously over the top and not a great film. Still, I love the movie and Niki Finn is one of my favorite movie characters from her. 

Didn't she say the video for Rescue Me was made up of the  Caio Italia footage because she felt it was a time in her life where she felt she needed rescuing? Anyways Either way the songs are fun and The Look Of Love is actually her most overlooked 80's single. It really was a window in to her work on Like A Prayer. It has the same DNA as Oh Father / Spanish Eyes and would not have sounded out of place on that album at all. Perfect after Til Death Do Us Part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Didn't she say the video for Rescue Me was made up of the  Caio Italia footage because she felt it was a time in her life where she felt she needed rescuing? Anyways Either way the songs are fun and The Look Of Love is actually her most overlooked 80's single. It really was a window in to her work on Like A Prayer. It has the same DNA as Oh Father / Spanish Eyes and would not have sounded out of place on that album at all. Perfect after Til Death Do Us Part. 

There was no official video for Rescue Me.  I think that video was something the record company slapped together for promotion. I don't ever recall her commenting on it either.  I don't think her lack of performing that song has anything to do with her relationship with Sean. After all, she did perform it live that summer on the WTG tour.  I suspect things really started going sour between them later in the year, which prompted her to file for divorce the first time.  And remember The Look of Love was not a world-wide release, so while it seems "overlooked", it's just not as well known as her other songs that got a world-wide release. I suspect the familiarity of it and the songs you mentioned is due to the fact Patrick Leonard were behind those tracks as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She’s never talked about rescue me video which has always irritated me as it’s ones of my fave songs of hers ever - I think a video was not filmed because she never wanted it released as a single plus she was rehearsing for the Oscar’s performance and editing TOD with Alek so that’s prob why - I thought CAC was inspired by the WTG film and her character with London - not Sean ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Live To Tell was for Seans film and that has personal Madonna stuff in it. 

This Used To Be My Playground the same.

Die Another Day is full of Madonna messages too.

I don't think we need to think so linear here. It's not how art works, it's very un madonna and not how artists think. 

The lyrics very much sound like her response to The Poison Penns and some of them just don't seem to relate to the character of Landon. "Then we can keep our love alive" doesn't really relate to a couple who just fall in love at the end of the film to me but hey. They do sound like the words of a woman saying to her partner we dont have to fight all the time, it doesn't matter if you win or lose. You met your match when you met me etc.

The Look Of Love - "All the books I've read" Nikki Fin never read a book in her life. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

She’s never talked about rescue me video which has always irritated me as it’s ones of my fave songs of hers ever - I think a video was not filmed because she never wanted it released as a single plus she was rehearsing for the Oscar’s performance and editing TOD with Alek so that’s prob why - I thought CAC was inspired by the WTG film and her character with London - not Sean ? 

Yes, I believe she had no intention of releasing Rescue Me as a single, but Warner released it anyway.

As for the songs lyrics, my guess they all relate to her own life in some way, but we also have to remember Madonna journals all the time. Those lyrics could have been derivative of something in her life five years prior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I think a video was not filmed because she never wanted it released as a single

I remember someone was interviewing her about consideration of adding This Used to Be My Playground, Rescue Me and other song to setlist of certain tour, and she described Rescue Me as "dope song". So that's not the reason why it was left off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

I remember someone was interviewing her about consideration of adding This Used to Be My Playground, Rescue Me and other song to setlist of certain tour, and she described Rescue Me as "dope song". So that's not the reason why it was left off. 

Yeah after the BBMA's Medellion performance. I love how that interviewer mentioned those songs. Though it's a shame the MX performance she teased didn't happen per rehearsals instead we got Breathwork. :dead:Though she remembered the lyrics to it almost immediately when he mentioned the song to her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use